no

>Can't abstract "games"
Boy, let me introduce you to mathematics

No, it's Yandere simulator .

Or Titan Quest.

>what is scrabble

t. Stefan Zweig

Lol are you a middle-aged Mom?

No. The most Veeky Forums game is Crossword or Cryptic Crossword.

Chess may have once been the Veeky Forums game but now that computers exist, it has become an activity for autists and memorisation.

Random chess maybe. Go and backgammon are decent contenders as well.

Regular chess beyond the beginner level is shit though, not Veeky Forums at all. More Veeky Forums, just a bunch of memorization with little creativity, essentially testing which player is the better human computer

tfw this is true
go is complicated as hell and I can't even play bots or anything
Backgammon is so fucking dope holy shit

>He doesn't play mahjong

Excuse me?

wouldn't that be the glass bead game?

This is only true for people who are just getting out of beginer-tier play. Actual highest-level chess has pretty limited memorization outside openings

lol, people like carlsen practice essentially by seeing how the most advanced engines respond against moves and memorizing their reactions

nyt crossword is most lit game

how good are you guys? I can burn though the monday, tuesday and wednesday puzzles. By thrusday I can usually get about half way, but by friday and saturday I am fukt.

no other crosswords count either, any retard can do the saturday from some associated press filled small town gazette

I can do Monday every week, tuesday most weeks, anywhere from 25-75% of Wed - Fri, depends on the week desu
I enjoy the crossword a lot

The most Veeky Forums game is Diplomacy, friends

That sort of theory is no longer applied.

Grandmasters just computers now.

My experience of doing the NYT crossword on weekends:

>36 Across: Hometown of Peter McDijkerydoo, 18th century woodsculptor
>40 Down: Middle name of President Eisenhower's gardener, once featured in "Time" magazine for his culinary insights

??????? Well maybe the thematic clues will help me out

>Puzzle theme: DOG-TALKIN'
>26 Down: What you might say to a dog who lost his shoes?
>37 Across: What a dog might say to a bird in Summer?

Then finally I give up, reveal the answers and it's like
>26D: HEYDOGSHOEMESOMESYMPATHY
>37A: WOOFWOOFFLYINGFLAPPYCREATUREIMAHOTDOGGETIT

????????????????????????????????????

start with the classics

Lol are you a middle aged Hemmingway?

/thread.

scrabble nigga

See I just went and did the free Saturday one that's up right now

>clue: April or May
>answer: GIRLSNAME

>clue: Free to do with as one wishes
>answer: UNZONED

Yeah, good job. Good crossword man.

The Game is the most Veeky Forums game.

circa 2004

>You'll never be a depressed Russian enjoying a game of chess in a frozen lake.

youtu.be/98cs673tz-4

Are you afraid of retro things?

hell no. competitive esport and speedrunning made chess obsolete by now.

tbph this is literally true

sports are still there for physical athletics but if you want to see nerds outplay each other at a high level, it's more interesting to watch them progressively master whatever the top esport currently is, having to adapt anew to each one every few years, than it is to watch people eke out an extra 0.00000001% efficiency in centuries-stale, unidimensional chess "skill"

tbph you are literally retarded and should consider fucking off back to /v/

This.

you are extremely bourgeois and extremely pseudointellectual, which is practically redundant, if you think chess is good, and especially if you think you can shame the awesome power of my own intellect with your low-level chess-worshiping bourgeois brain. this is a battle you can't win.

the last time i thought chess was impressive, i was 13, and still a naif who understandably trusted that the standard bourgeois model of what constitutes "intellectual pursuits" was anything other than a massive illusion designed to ensnare people of weak minds and spirits like you into sustaining it

chess only had any prestige to begin with because its complexity couldn't be completely mapped out until modernity, at which point it took about a century to realise that it was basically highly complex tic-tac-toe. why do you think the first impressive task of "GOFAI," fake AI that isn't AI at all, was to master chess? because chess is glorified tic-tac-toe. a finite set of rules and predictive power is all it takes to "win." human chess players are simply slower computers.

i know all this because while your brain was stagnating in adolescence, i was phenomenologically generating the cognitive tools and habits of a free-thinking adult, and i intuitively analysed the history and genealogy of chess, then created a homegrown philosophy of chess and heuristic mental model of the complete linearity and monocognitivism of chess "talent." it's tic-tac-toe. when i checked my findings, i found that every other smart person agrees with me, and not you.

at least play Go or something. Go currently has the status chess had in the early modern and medieval period. it still has possibilities. but even those will be mapped out. true intellects discover and then delight in the continuous, novel, evolutionary generation of pragmatist-epistemological heuristics for new games, new fields of play, new "metas." that is only possible in the world of esports.

or keep worshiping the dead bourgeois husk that is chess. it will only further degrade your inferior brain.

kek

t. guy who doesn't know how to play chess

Taking this into account, what is the best game to play? What's furthest from the "tic-tac-toe", "slower computer" makeup?

my diary desu

Literally a worse Shogi

Why do so many Slavs play Chess?

t. Slav who plays Chess since he's 6

Hah, this proves post-ironic smartposting is the most Veeky Forums game.

But seriously, as someone who plays a few eSports competitively, it's a shame AI 'broke' Chess. The best games of Fischer, Kasparov, Murphy, et al. are more beautiful and works of art compared to any Quake 3 (best FPS) match with cooller or rapha, even though they do belong among a new generation of human mind-sports.

Chess hasn't been mapped out though. they've only figured out how to beat humans. Which they did with Go too.

it's a pretty nice game, better than any videomemes

I know you're memeing but damn man, if you actually meant this, you would be no different from this guy who wanted his game, Bulletball, to be an Olympic discipline. Someone who wants to abolish a cultural treasure that has been established over centuries with some momentary meme.

Bulletball is the most Veeky Forums game.

Not playing the game itself but solving chess studies is the greatest Veeky Forums thing to do (besides reading).

Judge for youself: en.lichess.org/study/f7VWRupi

Its DotA 2.

Wtf? Shouldn't answers be words from the dictionary?

Nice trips. I agree with Cryptic. Have you tried any of David Astles?

Lost

Goddamn, I was winning for four years until now

>Chess is just memorisation
>Chess players memorise all possible moves in a game that has so many possible permutations that we dont actually know how many there are

God you people are so fucking stupid

>m-muh hard work!

still get owned by a bot lmao

Asian detected. Go soullessly play a violin concerto you don't understand. Gotta balance your chakras or whatever the fuck before the next chess tournament you fucking machine. You fucking termite. Piece of shit.

Self-hating Asian detected

It's easy to tell because they're always bringing themselves up when the subject is completely off base. No, we don't care about your inferiority complex vs white people Yang. No, we don't care how much you want a white girlfriend Yang.

It's sad, 's all. Seek help my man.

>April or May
but june is also a girl's name

so is july but i think that is mostly a mispelling of julie

yeah ill probably get beaten by a computer that can calculate 32 moves ahead in every line, whats your point retard?

if its all just memorisation with no skill or strategy, why not just memorise all possible 10^130 estimated games and go win millions of dollars at the top tournaments?

Big Soviet push once they realised they had a good thing going.

>>clue: April or May
>>answer: GIRLSNAME

Diplomacy.

The actual mechanics were solved long ago -- there are several unstoppable strategies, all meticulously calculated. But, Diplomacy is a game about diplomacy, which means it is a game about people, and people are considerably more complicated than any board game could be.

Checkers is the most lit game. And checkers>chess in general anyone who disagrees is probably an ivan karamazov irl

>Diplomacy
shouldn't that be /pol and /int?

>why not just memorise all possible 10^130 estimated games and go win millions of dollars at the top tournaments?

Don't need to because someone already did, encoded it into a bot, and now wrecks your grandmasters over and over again.

Chess players really are the first casualty of automation lel

More Veeky Forums than either of those.

thats not even how 'bots' work you absolute dunderhead

/int/ is another /soc/
/pol/ doesn't know how to come to any consensus, he is most likely to create than solve any conflict.

No, Dark Souls PVP is.

lmao, the only reason Carlsen is the top 1 is because he has a better memory than the others GM, they all train pretty much the same.
Check Carlsen end game, he is the strongest there and it is one of the most trite and boring parts of the game due to how little improvisation there is.

you just need to calculate stuff, theres not analysis like you dont even require intelligence....

define 'the beginner level'

>bughouse for the friendless
>better than chess

Chess is for spergs afaik. Just memorizing the optimal moves/impressing normies that don't know better.

open with a creepy crawlly

rook to bishop e4

thats checkmate

Not so fast, Yakamoto. I've been steadily advancing my right knight and I intercept your check.

No, Traditional RPGs are the most Veeky Forums game.

Why haven't you written and GM'd a campaign for your friends?

Where does this memorization meme come from? There are millions of possible ways a chess game could play out.

No, World of Warcraft is.

>he doesn't roleplay

Don't know. Backgammon is the funniest desu.

Well, when it comes to opening theory and tournament-level there is certainly a ton of memorization going on. On the highest level especially it's common for preparation to go 25+ moves deep, where the goal becomes hoping you and your team of GMs find an innovation to ruin your opponent's prep for riskier play or to grind out victories in the end-game.

It's tempting to call it a meme, but it's really not. Google some critique on that topic and you will see many prominent GMs expressing their discontent with the fact that chess basically degenerates into memorizing deeper and deeper lines of moves. Fischer was so butthurt he invented his own chess with blackjack and random starting positions.

Backgammon is comfy because losing doesn't feel too bad. You have to invest a lot into chess and go. Even if you invest a lot in Backgammon, it's so fun that losing doesn't have the same impact.

But it's not really a problem if you're not a GM.