Shelf thread

Post 'em my lads.

You could say I have too many B&N copies

Hello mr. Reddit, how are you on this fine morning?

>Reddit
I see Christian books

That's cool, but what do you do when you want to read one of the supporting books?

>lit
>reading books

I'm the most patrician reader on this board, faggots.

Is that a two volume Elvis Bio?

how's the stand going? heard it was shit.

>he doesn't have twilight
Fucking pleb.

>2017
>owning books

>he doesn't own any books
I bet you voted for Trump. You fucking retard.

No I voted for Hillary so you can suck my dick, faggot.

>doesn't own books
>votes for a woman
Makes sense

>not writing in Bernie

need to boot some books off the shelf to make room - which would you purge?

if this isn't bait, everything but the meme trilogy.

All of them.

How is The Corrections? I've been meaning to try Franzen for a while.

>funko
cancer

These ones.

>taking bait
You're cancer

done. will order book of your choosing rn to fill a gap - gotta be less than 20 bucks on amazon, no more than 10 inches tall.

Why would you listen to a random user rather than just getting rid of the books you personally dislike? This is baffling.

Lanark: A Life in Four Books

Why would that be?

thx and goodnight

the day of the rope is coming lad,

make sure you're on the right side of history

Pick up a brick and use your imagination

but that jung back on the shelf you heathen piece of shit

the rest of the dump choices are good tho, besides maybe house of leaves but everyone here thinks its a gimmicky meme so w/e

good man.
i have a friend who actually did that.

>keeping decorative shit on your shelves
Absolutely pig fucking disgusting

>taking bait

>multiple books on weed

like how many does one need?

it's a joke lad

All of those books are thinner than a brick - replacing one with a brick would severely upset the balance of those shelves.

the sad part is you probably actually believe this, just because you have a small shelf full of unread classics that you will get to "one day"

Not if you take a brick from the right place

Pick a book from the other side with similar width and insert a brick there too. I swear Veeky Forums brainlets can't even do basic inversed book shelfing.

ALL OF THEM

It shouldn't be this hard read a book, cripes

If it were easy then everyone would do it

1/2 of my designated meme shelf

2/2

Read the books and decide for yourself you fuck

you have great taste. Take post with better lighting i can barely see half the titles

>Absolutely pig fucking disgusting

get a load of this pleb

i know this is bait, but holy shit.

Decide for yourself. Consider a book, think "Will I ever read this again?" and if the answer is no, then get rid of it.

>pomo sculptures resembling feces mixed with glitter
>coffee table books
>art lookbooks
Could this picture be any more pseud?

Totally pseud, they don't even have a copy of Infinite Jestâ„¢

three book cases full of children's sci-fi/fantasy, and then one copy of The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. 10/10

It may be bait here, but just remember that this was posted somewhere else as a serious collection.

I never knew there are geriatric users of Veeky Forums.

the sad part is you probably actually believe this is my shelf.

How can a person purchase this many books and end up with nothing but shit? Shouldn't you have lucked into one or two good novels by that point? Jesus Christ.

Way too poor for your shit, literature

that looks like the pic related of ereaders

It probably is kek, it's the cheapest one I could find

>Short History of Nearly Everything
fckin delicious

>Only half of the terence mckenna collection and 1/3 of rick strassman.

Noob.

(Dorm Shelf edition)

That's a good start friend

thanks m8, I wish I had pictures of my shelf at home, I have all the rare memes that these threads creme over.

Ah so are these just the ones you've acquired since leaving, or the ones you decided to bring with you?

>pic sideways
>"cmon man-"
>realize it's actually easier to read the titles of the books

I just recently started posting from my phone, and I'm not sure how to stop this from happening.

Take Five, The Public Burning, Guignol's Band, and Infinite Jest were all bought around here. The rest I brought from home either because I hadn't read them yet or they were a personal favorite that I knew I would want to have on hand. Which shelf is yours user?

good books but the only cutie3.14 Veeky Forums honeys that will swoon over that are freshman and you really wanna be going after junior year literary pussy. you gotta diversify and get some more obscure texts to appeal to them

I'm getting Darconville's Cat, In Partial Disgrace, and Women and Men shipped from home to increase my literary pussy pull, but your right I need some more hyper specific criticism and esoteric anthologies.

dorm shelf as well

top vertical is books i brought and haven't red, top horizontal is books for the english class i'm in this semester, bottom is books i've read this school year.

get some issues of semiotext(e) intervention, maybe a chris kraus novel.

you can ditch the stieg larsson and robert jordan. it really brings your Veeky Forums pussy appeal to normies only, although cloud atlas, calviso, woolf, and austen help your case.

my mom/uncle want me to read those so I brought them. someday when i'm actually a patrician i'll care about making my shelves look patrician

You should burn that blanket.

full shot

>someday when i'm actually a patrician i'll care about making my shelves look patrician
No, when you are a patrician you won't care what plebs think and will read what you want.

so i noticed two different editions of gravity's rainbow.
which one should i get?

Just finished it last month having never read Franzen and honestly, I loved it. It's basically just a character study of a family of 5 from the Midwest, one kid who is a liberal arts fuck up, another a basic high strung banker / suburban alcoholic and their sister who's a chef in the big city. The mom and dad are old conservative midwesterners and it all centers around them getting together for the holidays. It goes through each character's back story to present day showing how they became the people you see today. The prose was great and there is a good bit of humor. I know it gets shit on online but I really liked it, definitely one of my favorite pieces of modern fiction

Get the viking edition, way cooler looking, and more importantly the pagination is correct for use with the online annotations. Also the penguin joint has deckled pages which I really don't like.

is that the orange one?
>deckled pages
total turn off for me as well.

The viking edition is the one without the penguin on it.

>hunger games

[TRIGGERED]

no commie shit is reddit nice try though

>CHERUB
ayy my nigga

That stuffed monkey is pretty based. Cool bookshelf

this shelf is barely an improvement over not owning books desu

>no matches on reverse search
The absolute madman

god damn dude try not to be a complete meme

>Confusing conservative for reddit
Is this a new Veeky Forums meme? I've started seeing it a lot.

But it's been posted on Veeky Forums several times before.

>no joyce
ya fuckin blew it

> no spine is cracked
Pseud.

How many of these have you read? Ever considered that they are memes for a reason?

I'll come back stronger desu