Eruption of Earth's Core

What if I told you the sea levels are rising because we're getting ready for a fat deuce of an eruption from the earth's core? The land is sinking slowly because the magma in the core is now coming out at 10-20 cm every century. We still have a long was til it reaches the surface, but when it does the earth will see an eruption far beyond all others, covering the earth is magma, followed by the dissolving of the earths magnetic shield, and essentially making earth a ball of no life if we don't escape.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

www2.csr.utexas.edu/grace/
youtube.com/watch?v=fKVPFyu_tHQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What if I told you the sea levels are rising because we're getting ready for a fat deuce of an eruption from the earth's core?

I would say you are a moron because the core is not where eruptions come from, for starters. And that is just for starters.

But what if I told you, they were?

The earths core has a lot of hot shit and I would say all it would take is a large tremor-esq earth worm to poke a hole in the core bubble to make it begin to escape.

There is still magma being produced from ocean faults, and you overestimate the pressure coming from the core.

Well if it's not a hole-pole eruption why is land above sea level falling at a rate of 1-2 cm every year? Unless a glacier in Greenland just melted and released a massive load of sulfur from millions of years ago to release vast amounts of Co2 and hydrogen from coastal vegetation I don't see how else to explain it other than a release from the core.

>what can we do to stem the tide
Ion seeding and sinkholes

Let's just get a bunch of thirsty people to drink it

huh? They gotta pee it back out. Dig loads of deep basins near to or below sea level and the excess water can just be kept in there so the sea levels can level out and stay as they are

or some sulfuric steel wool pillows placed in the river outlets of America so we can get rid of those asian carp that keep fucking over our fish and knock out two birds with one stone

>Discuss.

Unlikely to happen seriously until you provide credible sources to back up your claims. So never, I guess.

Geologist here. This could easily be discovered through GRACE.

www2.csr.utexas.edu/grace/

Here,I even found a video
youtube.com/watch?v=fKVPFyu_tHQ

>But what if I told you, they were?
IRREFUTABLE

I'm a musician, entrepreneur, and overall a creative thinker. Being forced to take multiple science classes from last fall until yesterday because my school couldn't tell me what I really needed take take sparked my interest in this kind of stuff. Something I realize is that a lot of scientist rely on absolute sources to generate hypothesis, and overall they generally are afraid to step out of the boundaries of the Webster definition of the word presented, but I ask you this, how many discoveries have been made by the pondering thoughts of mere possibilities and potential explanations to why things are? Darwin observed the differences in finches on the Gallegos islands, so he gets this grand idea of adaptation like few before him. Look at the shit he discovered by taking an idea and finding ways to test it? Now my theory is just a free thought I had this morning while I scratched my balls and ate cereal, but consider how much of the earths layers we haven't been to yet? It's an unrealistic idea to send a guy in a tube through the earth's crust but we have the technology to analyze vibrations and paint a picture of what may be there, if I had the tools, time, and money I'd try to grab data from North Eastern Africa and South America and compare them in terms of the vibrations and ground activity to see if one is different than the other when they shouldn't be (that's just an assumption. . . )

Sounds like you have way too much free time. Not trying to be mean, but seriously, get a geology degree or at least study it intensively on your own before making such far-fetched claims. I don't care about the kind of underwear Darwin wore or what you ate for breakfast, your long post added absolutely nothing to the original subject data wise.

None taken, I just finished my geography class yesterday and have about a month until I transfer schools for the fall. Now the only answer to the sea levels rising from the class is climate change and glaciers melting. Sounds reasonable and has a lot of evidence, but if there's something I know enough about science it's that we don't accept one absolute explanation and answer for everything., hell for all we know glaciers melting contributed to 80% of the water added to the ocean, but maybe there was a large fault formed in the center of Antarctica that pushed water outwards more from it.

>I'm a musician, entrepreneur, and overall a creative thinker.

> tfw user has never had to make a hypothesis for a marketing strategy

The majority of the rise in sea levels isn't from more water in the oceans but simply the water expanding from increasing average temperatures. You know that metal stretches when heated, well water does that too, and when it does the sea level rises. This is the most significant factor influencing rise in sea levels. It is well studied and measured.

The core isn't magma, it is solid iron. The mantle also isn't really liquid, it is under too much pressure. "Convection currents" happen on the order of cm per thousands or million of years, not on cm per century.

Magma is already a part of the surface layers, and is squeezed to the surface from movement within the surface layers, not from interactions between the surface and the mantle.

The surface layer in the ocean is 5km to 10km thick. Even at 5km thick and 10cm per year. It would take 25000 years for the magma from the outer mantle to reach the surface. But you claimed century, so it would take 2500000 years. 2.5 million years. "But when it does" we will all be dead long before that. Humanity will likely be dead.

But what makes things worse is you said leaking out from the core. The core is 2900km from the surface. At 20cm per century that will take 1450000000 years then. 1.45 billion years. Aka IT'S FUCKING NOTHING.

So let's assume you meant mantle. In several million years even if we do escape we will still likely be dead anyway. Or at least not human anymore

Look its cool you make jingles but darwin didn't just look at a few finches and then overthrow science he studied tons of specimens and took years to reach his final conclusions, and even he knew he was still lacking evidence.

The earth isn't going to explode and you didn't figure it all out, not without more evidence than "but what if it was" and "i know about other stuff too."

What if I told you you're a fucking dumbass.

Google thermal expansion.