How advanced must science be in order for the cycle to be broken?

Other urls found in this thread:

resalliance.org/adaptive-cycle
igbp.net/globalchange/greatacceleration.4.1b8ae20512db692f2a680001630.html
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/fee.1225/full?hootPostID=d4f4d1f5c1e6c1d58fafa415b47a5cd5
youtube.com/watch?v=VfyFnHxkDlY
youtu.be/pAnsPwjhgQw
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2614780/How-FARMERS-fitter-athletes-Human-strength-speed-peaked-7-300-years-ago-declining-rapidly.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You should try Peter Turchin instead, he makes sure his hypothesis can be proven wrong, this one can't

Hard times create "strong men" in the context of "surviving hard times", not creating good times. Being good at survival does not equate to being good at governance. Revolutionaries who wrest control of a country from corrupt plutocrats don't necessarily bring everyone out of the dumps. As P.J. O'Rourke said, it's one thing to burn down the shit house and another thing entirely to install plumbing.

Hard times create a memory of recent mistakes that people go out of their way to avoid. Depression-era parents and grandparents hoard, as do many immigrants from poor countries. This bias of "live preparing for tomorrow" leads to its own set of mistakes in a time of peace, such as low investor confidence and a stagnation of higher education due to unwillingness to go into debt.

go back to /pol/, they will give you an answer

silly, anthropocentric, yet insightful.
this is what you are looking for
resalliance.org/adaptive-cycle

let me allude to the experts

Patterns all around you
Patterns everywhere
Patterns of behavior
Sometimes seem unfair
Can you recognize the patterns that you find?

Patterns unfamiliar
Patterns lead you through (to)
Patterns of discovery
Tracing out the clues
Can you recognize the patterns that you find?
Stuck in your mind

In this land where stability is hard to find
You can rearrange the patterns so unkind
Don't bother asking why a pattern never cries
Old patterns never die they just go on and on

Patterns multiplying
Re-direct our view
Endless variations
Make it all seem new

not long. igbp.net/globalchange/greatacceleration.4.1b8ae20512db692f2a680001630.html

The beginning was the end
Of everything now
The ape regards his tail
He's stuck on it
Repeats until he fails
Half a goon and half a god
A man's not made of steel

Twist away
Now twist and shout
The earth it moves too slow
But the earth is all we know

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/fee.1225/full?hootPostID=d4f4d1f5c1e6c1d58fafa415b47a5cd5

a man is real
not made of steel

but /pol/ is a board of hurt

advanced enough to make anime real

f

Gender needs to be """proven""" to be on a spectrum.

You have to stop using the same calendar. That easy to break the cycle.

/pol/ is a hug box
its controlled by uneducated american christcucks or nazi larpers

>nazi larpers

I can assure you many of us are the real deal

All civilizations are susceptible collapse. I doubt the model is anywhere near as simple as the meme in your pic, but the only real solution is to spread out as far and wide as possible, and have many non-connected civilizations. Aka space. When your species is all over the galaxy, there's very, very few things that can wipe it out.

>roman men
>weak
Oh please the average roman white male had more test and manliness than 80% of white males today and you call them weak? Kek the average white male back in those times would beat the shit out of you for fun.

I tried to explain here I pic related

Take your space sci-fi to Facebook, humans will die with their ecological existence.
Is a tree squirrel a tree squirrel without a tree?
We have no means to sustain life in space, it takes ano incredibly amount of synergy and complexity to pull off, we don't have that.

>Fat faggots who yell on the internet about Jews all day to pretend they're not responsible for their own shitty choices
Actual nazis would have shot you retards
And here we have a beta with masculinity issues projecting them by e-thugging. The average Roman was a starving peasant or a slave rather than an insecure 17 year old posting le wrong generation comments on Youtube

>ironically believing that cycle is actually the way it really works.

>starving peasant
And so what? They still had higher test levels than us and were overall more masculine retard.

>ironically
un-ironically

>my meaningless buzzwords are true because I say they are

>real deal

They died during the war

Hard times = Strong Men
Strong Men = Good Times

Easy formula. Simply have bad times all around for all men.

:D

Theoretically that is what school and tests are for. However, I propose we force people into digital hell when they are born. They will be hooked up to advanced simulators, forced to suffer EVERY SINGLE BAD THING EVER in the matrix, then they will be let out on their 18th birthday, hardened, badass mother fuckers.

youtube.com/watch?v=VfyFnHxkDlY

/Thread Theme/

Of course the simulation will have chicken exits available at key points but in theory this should make them appreciate life.

The Saga of Tanya The Evil. Except for EVERYONE.

well said desu

Most romans were pretty brown

/pol/ is the board of larping yourself into a nightmare alternate reality, wherein anything that contradicts the narrative of society's imminent catastrophic destruction and the malicious degeneracy of all mankind except a tiny chosen few is a jewish conspiracy. Truth has no meaning to the lost souls that wander that place.

'Test' as you put it has been shown not to relate to aggressiveness in men and in fact (as you should expect if you have any experience in endocrinology, biology or science in general) its actual effects are very complicated. Your pop culture understanding of what it means to be 'high test' is decades out of date, and your worldview along with it.

>refusing to accept the lies from others
>your personal relationships will suffer
>constantly drawn to seeking the same truth
Very symptomatic of an echo chamber of cult behavior.

These.

This model is vague unfalsifiable nonsense. It's the need to -materially- produce and reproduce civilization which drives the course of history and societies, and implies the contradictions in their modes of production which cause the cyclical crises we observe.

Is a board for brainwash set by white supremacists operating like they were another innocent bystander, but they are not. They are from a group, originally from the stormfront forum, and I suspect more than one is getting paid to tell lies.

>/pol/ is wonderful because there's no censorship and it's a free market of ideas. anyone can post anything, and it gets evaluated only on its merits
>what, you'd prefer any remotely counter-signal threads NOT get thirty gore replies a minute until they bumplock, cutting off any real engagement or uncomfortable debate? It's called free speech you fucking communists!

Every /pol/ thread ever.

No

Not the collapse of the world, just the death of western culture as the dominant one. Even so in western nations.

>Most romans were pretty brown
Nigz Wuz Romanz Kangz n Sheeeit
youtu.be/pAnsPwjhgQw

yeah, because times are so """"""hard""""" right now

Today's age is of weak men.

Unfortunately Veeky Forums is heading the same direction these days.

Science has nothing to do with it. The problem is human nature.

You create worlds [spoiler] be they crude and primitive [spoiler] where anime is real every time you imagine. Isn't that beautiful,

Don't you just want to retreat into an imaginary world where you are chad, where you are beautiful and powerful and wise?

And in the end, what's the difference between living in the real world and in a virtual or imagined existence? It's all equally meaningless. Impending death is the final liberty. A liberty that allows us to value imagination, existence, and anime.

Anime is as real as anything else can be.
Anime is as real as Veeky Forums
Anime is as real as my pathetic existence

Not as real as your inability to be respected in any way.

Man I know they have higher test levels,
But the Chinese and their meritocracy they had Superior test levels, still do

I failed 5 tests last semester...

>hooman naycher XD

Listen babe,

Hunter-gatherers, early farmers, they were strong. An average farmer from the neolithic period had legs more juiced up than today's athletes on steroids.

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2614780/How-FARMERS-fitter-athletes-Human-strength-speed-peaked-7-300-years-ago-declining-rapidly.html

So people back then were "strong" BUT life expectancy was 30 years, Life was pretty much get food or die, and the
list of technologies they had was
1. bow made from branches and animal guts
2. stone hatchet

And back then there were no labor specializations, so everyone was a farmer

Today a technically inclined person could
1. Pilot a plane
2. Fix a car engine
3. Shitpost on a science board
4. Read a book

So I'll let you think again, who is stronger
>a man with nuclear legs and a hatchet
OR
>a man who has access to the full arsenal of modern tech: guns, tools, endless information

We are right now, are at one of the strongest points in human history, if you count literally anything except physical strength.

Every time I assume I saw the worst of /pol/ they go and act more retarded.

Once we break the singularity none of existence will matter and all of humanity will live out their days in paradise as 0s and 1s. So yeh I'm waiting on that

>Hunter-gatherers, early farmers, they were strong. An average farmer from the neolithic period had legs more juiced up than today's athletes on steroids.

Did you even read your own article?

Leg BONES of cross country runners
Overall higher fitness in the population

Doesn't say shit about juiced up athletes with access to modern nutrition and training.

>dailymail

That being said I agree with most of your other stuff.

Strict hierarchies, unquestionable authorities or concentration of wealth never work out. Your pro-capitalist technocracy dependent on machine-generated algorithms would fail just like every empire before it.

Evidence?

holy shit /pol/ utterly BTFO

The word civilization is more properly-applicable here than is science.

Science, at its apex, will cause men to be lazy as per the effects of labor-intended robots. Will bioengineering prevent men's minds from become lazy? If all problems are effectively solved, then no.

Neurphysiological engineering, if possible to do with levels of precision necessary to bring about particular neurochemical elevations, would plausibly cause everyone to become lazy and unconcerned with civil improvement.

Even if we've perfected earth-based civilization, there may always be hard times in space, with gathering the necessary resources and whatnot. Unless we can find a way to break apart and reconstruct atoms to our myriad of variable-related specifications, we'll always have to search for precise compounds; and even if we did find a way, holy shit what is life

black holes swallowing everything may also come into effect, creating hard times etc. And while black holes do dissolve, will there be enough mass from those dissolutions for humans to create new atoms within their technological capabilities? Once humanity learns to create mass out of vacuum energy as well as break down and reconstruct old atoms into new atoms without causing nuclear explosions, then humanity would effectively be able to cease the cycle so long as they don't become lazy and/or intellectually decline.

However, via the second law of thermodynamics explaining entropy, one day mechanical work will cease and everything will become heat. So shit, unless entropy stops or reverses, or unless we find a way to reverse it (which is possible in some cases), we're all going to become thermal energy, which idk what that's like, so

Do you believe in Devolution?

Stormfags can't google