/madsci/

If you could become an unstoppable force in your field of study with nearly unlimited funding, what wild dreams would you try to achieve?
Ethical?
Unethical?
What scar would you leave on the planet for future generations to see? (implying there would be any)

Would make the cure for natural death and make it so that it makes you permanently sterile.

W would like to reaserch the methods of rewriting the human genetic code without harming the subject. Ultimately stoping death and aging, and tuning humans into godlike creatures.

But then you'd have a steady decline of population through non-natural causes of death.
You'd kill mankind with stairwell tripping and casual accidents, one at a time

Immortality is hardly "godlike", but I'll admit it gives quite some time to try and become one. Unless the immortal subjects lose an era or two playing videogames and indulging in various risky hedonistic activities, that is.

research into space travel.
also research into getting a gf.

I don't think enough people would use the drug to make the population decline, but maybe enough to hinder overpopulation for a while.

create an army of really advanced a.i. that is programmed to think i am god and release it on the internet to take over everything

I would unleash an army of maid cat-girls to throw off and seduce my opposition.
Then feed their spent remains to my clone of Cthulu.

Neus Vult.

1: Use CRISPR to fuse the necessary animals
2: Make a bunch of *Pic Related* and an assortment of other fantasy beasts
3: Watch the religious people freak the fuck out as centaurs, chimera, cyclops, harpies and elves become real
4: Laugh like a lunatic as dragons reign hellfire'n'shiet on people
5: Retreat underground with a bunch of reptillian/mammal chimera females
6: Drink fine Shardinay as nature finally has a chance to fight against our tanks and nukes
7: Watch the world burn

I would spend all my time on encryption.
Then I would post ponies to government officials.
Every.
Single.
Day.

Zombies.
However, I already support the democratic party.

Sex Robots.

Millions of them.

And love robots...
That are sentient...

I would destroy the Universe and ensure nothingness exists forever and ever. There is no reason for any of this to exist besides evil.

Oh boy are you in for a wild ride.

I would make....
"The Egg."

Operation Steel Golem Army

A combination of the matrix pod, a monotreme egg and a two of these tables in case of emergency. Maybe a proton laser for extra memes. From inside we would remote control an army of steel robots.

From there on in it just becomes a game of long distance Ghost in the Shell.

Enjoy the future you chose.

I would lobby the United States government and turn every prison into a research laboratory
All 3 million+ convicts would be continuously dosed with amphetamines and LSD and forced to collaborate on mathematical problems

I'd cure people of their ego and also their trashiness. Everyone is either trash or an elitist because of all the trash

One mans trash is another mans treasure.

where do you think over population happens?

What do you know?

That's an easy one: Make an AI that finds me a girlfriend.

>people wait until they're parents to take it
>subhuman third worlders who dom't have access keep breeding at ridiculous rates until they reach the planets carrying capacity

So.. user. How does it identify you? How are you distinguished from other meatballs?

Please name one combination of organism that creates combustion organically.

You still have to keep her.

Aren't there dating aps which do that without the need for AI?

There's a lot of work involved with that. Setting up a profile, finding girls, vetting the good from bad, facing rejections and a myriad of other possibly avoidable situations.

The AI would find the perfect set of circumstances (or even construct them), so I don't have to worry about a thing. Basically a Dijkstra Algorithm for finding the shortest path to GF.

It's also possible that the AI makes a female body for itself so neither of us will be virgins.

Spitting Cobra using enlargement genetic manipulation
------------------
For Spraying Size and Distance
Pistol Shrimp
(To be used on liquid on the way out) (This will be the unholy spark that sets it off)
-------------------
The snap can also produce sonoluminescence from the collapsing cavitation bubble. As it collapses, the cavitation bubble reaches temperatures of over 5,000 K (4,700 °C). In comparison, the surface temperature of the sun is estimated to be around 5,800 K (5,500 °C).
Bombardier Beetle
--------------------------
For preparation of liquid/gel to a suitable temperature.

And

Any methane creating or combustible material creating animal.
---------------------------

To synthesize a gel of pure hate and destruction that will be fed to the spitting glands.
Alternatively: Give it flint teeth to grind into sparks

Don't fuck with a wizard.
:D

I would get into botanokinesis, like Poison Ivy. Grow giant plants and trees almost instantly at my will.

Create and hold a monopoly on the technological singularity; have it invent nanobots that inflict eldritch horrors on people/societies.

I would build a megastructure.

>I'd invent elves
Right on.

Seconded. There is an astonishing lack of fuckhuge technodungeons in the world (except that one russian pit). Gotta fix that.

I'd invent efficient algorithms to crack all kinds of cryptography. Assuming I really have godlike powers to do so, I could basically shut down most of the world in a day. Or just steal like a trillion dollars

Can I add to OPs question.

What would you want and who would you benefit.

Example, an unlimited power source, with no cost or by products.

Benefit: China - giving a huge growth spurt to their industry, them leading the way in electric cars, trucks, planes, cutting pollution down to almost nothing.
Demand, hundreds of sex slaves, all ages and body types and a house that's almost the size of Ireland.

Alternative example:
Benefit: Anyone who will pay for it
Demand: treating me to the best their nation can offer. I rent out my super power crystal yearly, so each nation whores themselves to my whims. End of each year pitching their offerings to me.

Last example option:
Benefit: all people, anyone who would like it can use it, no conditions.
Demand, nothing.

I saw a show that had this kind of feature, it was a single episode (musical) called LEXX: Brigadoom.
> people ageless and safe from natural death,
> but lost their minds over time
> scared to even leave their bunker incase they died to a falling brick.

Bio shock rapture/ Bio shock 2 / Bio shock infinite burial at sea eps1&2.
Had this as a gene based theme, ultimately leading people to be drugged up loonytoons that could throw fire from a finger tip or climb like spider man.

If you had a space ship & design for it, and could cart endless amounts of crap into space for no cost, repeatedly, which nations if any would you work with, and for what fee?
So

I saw a study that said the third world (those nations whose citizens make less than $2) breed 80 million a year...
> When I saw that I stopped reading and hid away in a dark room
> When do we start the genocide ?
> do we save the attractive ones?

Doesn't sound so bad.

Ending Aging, like Aubrey de Grey is trying to do.

>Lots of melanated inmates forcibly treated with psychedelic drugs
>loudspeakers blasting math
That would be... A sight to see

People ITT don't even realize they would be captured, tortured and forced to work for whomever in the name of whatever.

The other option - if you got backbone - is being captured, totured and refusing to work with such sons of bitches, spitting in their face and dying with mad ironic laughter before the bullet to the head.

Only way would be to never, ever tell anyone (srsly no anybody!) and let the figurative (or literal) bomb drop on the world.

What if you're an unstoppable force in pure mathematics. I guess they could force you to work for the NSA?

Or philosophy

I would develop the method for natural tooth restoration and single-handedly destroy Big Dental, even if it killed me.

>Only way would be to never, ever tell anyone (srsly no anybody!) and let the figurative (or literal) bomb drop on the world.

Thing is, even wikileaks is one "fake news" accusation away from being neutered in the eyes of the public.
Is there even a way to circumvent malicious doubt or outright smear campaigning, if you were to reveal a groundbreaking technology? (Other than "I'll build a UFO and land on the white house's lawn and when I get out I take a fat shit on the grass as befuddled soldiers and the motherfucking president watch")

not a bad idea really.

natural tooth restoration would really help people out

>shark_teeth_turnover.png

>get out I take a fat shit on the grass as befuddled soldiers and the motherfucking president watch")

Only way to do it is to do what all great powers have done.

Start an empire.
Conquer all the fucking brainlets.

i would research how to reverse the process of causality

i'd develop chemical augmentation devices that use a variety of drugs that are calibrated through biofeedback to produce various states. scientists, workers, artists, soldiers, priests could use these to achieve new levels of excellence through surgically precise drug-manias. Endocrinol augmentation is also possible, giving people a means to drive their hormonal system to grow sexier, stronger, healthier, etc.

i imagine it would be a somewhat permanent IV port and EEG/vascular blood-diagnostics with an attached device that stores and releases the drugs as well as computes the pharmokinetic solutions. you could control it from your smartphone

also, i'd integrate trans-cranial electric brain stimulation that can be used to manipulate the electrical states of neural activity.

I'd create a viral infection that causes hosts to synthesize an enzyme that would utilize ATP to shift the equilibrium of nucleic acids' secondary structures to almost exclusively G-quadruplexes

Prove ZFC is inconsistent

I grow humans with brain stems only and trial and error my way to building a control system to replace the brain.

*I would

Make a powerful AI and unleash the basilisk.

>unleash reddit tier creepypasta

Set up my own thermoelectric, hydroelectric & large scale electricity storage empire, and run all other competitors out of business as fossil fuels get more expensive. Even competing solar fields will have to use my dams and CAES systems, effectively making me the owner of the monopoly of all energy on the planet, and therefore the proper ruler of the civilized world once I purchase / fund a private military force using my electricity money. Governments will bow to my whim, since I can easily stop energy production in their countries / bomb their facilities. Their populations will be incredibly unhappy with the lower standard of living, and will flock to my puppet states.

Then if I'm still a delusional Romaboo, I properly set up my globo-corporation to emulate the Roman Republic (or perhaps the anti-nepotistic ways of the 5 good emperors). We'll have totalitarian policies for the first generations, but I'll then use my money to have subliminal messages in the entertainment industry, indoctrinating the populace (especially children) that the Republic's ideas are truly the best. Then, once we've gotten rid of the dissidents, I'll lift the totalitarianism, allowing for the free exchange of ideas, yet everyone will eventually return to the idea that the Republic's system and Roman morality are the best due to the indoctrination.

My death will be mourned the world over, and I will be hailed as the second coming of Romulus, having come down to Earth from his Godhood to make things right, to lead mankind into its golden age.

>not making an AI that will be your gf

Automate the Jobs of 99% of all work Force in planet, including Pajeet jobs.

I would introduce soft eugenics based on personal success.

Aside from the prevention of many genetic diseases, I would allow and encourage the most affluent and educated to have more than three children (with tax cuts) while preventing the poorest and most uneducated from having more than one child, and this on a global scale.

This plus the space travel research, and we have a better version of Gattaca.

This is probably the only way robots won't make us obsolete.

explain why it's not a reasonable possibility.

get room temperature conductivity going

I am surprised non of you mother fuckers mentioned this yet.

>"Soylent Green....IS PEOPLE"

Via genetic engineering turn a range of plants into a self creating, self maintaining, self load balancing, power and communications grid.

>Not just sticking wires into trees and watching them "Eat" them and advance around them over time*

Would not generate and maintain itself, and wouldn't tap into their base cellular energy production machinery. The most difficult, and perhaps not directly possible aspect, would be creating orderly structures that could transfer and store charge to maintain a given voltage gradient like current transformers.

Existing voltage gated ion channels, and their respective voltage sensors, probably aren't adequate. Maybe if you layer them together in sheets? Maybe use biolumininescence and selenium?

Nature finds a way.
I wager that if the tree had interface with a radio transmitter it would begin incorporating it over a period of evolution. All it needs to do is feel a light electrical pulse, suddenly it learns telepathy, tries incorporating more materials to feel more connected and then we wind up with radio trees communicating wireless as if though through their root system. Like a guy living beside electrical docks eventually hearing the soft humming sound of the electricity.

I'd use genetic engineering to turn people into tentacle monsters that cum buckets and have uncontrollable sex drives, a la "Tentacles and Witches"

Fuck me sideways...
It's real.
Dragons are now physically possible...
T-thanks Veeky Forums...