Overpopulation leading to Entomophagy

Is it true that in the future we will have food shortages and have to eat bugs?!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H0IPv74oEQE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Some think this, yes, or at least recommend doing it. It is possible, but it is very difficult to predict the future.
Maybe we'll innovate and secure the food supply, but I think it is wishful thinking that we will.

bugs breed quickly are are very nutricious, eating meat will probably become harder to do, as animals take more food to feed than we gain from eating the animals themselves.

I don't think it will happen in the near future though.

many cultures already eat bugs

watch this and be amazed

youtube.com/watch?v=H0IPv74oEQE

it seems a little superfluous when we already have an established meat industry. The only places where food shortages exist are where there ARENT established meat industries.

Population growth has been slowing down for a while now. Also, a large amount of food goes to waste already, and Africa has made leaps and bounds in terms of industrialization in the last couple of decades, so no one will really be forced to diversify their eating habits. If anything, diversifying food sources is almost more of a luxury at this point, as world hunger is going from being a geopolitical issue to being an issue of the lower class.

eating bugs is a good idea anyway compared to eating meat

Food shortages aren't really the problem; it's more that eating things like beef has too great an environmental impact.

>overpopulation
No.
>food shortages
No.
>have to eat bugs
Fuck no.

The meat industry as it currently exists is supported by unsustainable inputs and corn subsidies. It won't be any time soon, but on a longer term basis, meat production using animals is going to be simply too expensive for fast-food-scale mass production.

Actual cuts of flesh for dead animals will still be available but as a pricey luxury reserved for the wealthy and special occasions. The plebs will have other options for their daily fare, either highly unnatural lab-grown meat that will probably cause all sorts of health problems, or soylent-type artificial meat products made from things like bugs or vegetable products that are processed, flavored, marketed and labelled to be desirable.

>this meme spreading on Veeky Forums lately

Seems like some sort of fake grass roots thing someone is trying to start. The west won't be doing this. Also, there's no such thing as "overpopulation" for humans.

None of that is true at all.

(((They))) are gearing up to get rid of everyone else by attrition.

Mealworms and crickets are delicious. I don't see anything wrong with eating them

What? The government gives massive hand outs to corn and also soy I think. They are putting research into lab grown meat.

Lab grown meat is retarded and even more inefficient than regular meat. Soy and corn subsidies are for biofuels, not because of some supposed shortage.

If you think overpopulation/ agricultural insufficiency is a real problem, then I suggest you take a road trip to anywhere. Most of the US is occupied by *nothing*. Not even forest, animal habitat, or farmland. Just nothing.

Jews are literally being led by their noses by the Chinese.

Why not breex cow bugs? Like they moo and buzz.

Nigger

Eventually bugs will be eating us, and we'll eat the bugs. We will reach the peak bug=human recycling state.

But they aren't talking about the real threat, photosynthetic seaslugs.

you are so fucking stupid. The purpose of meat is to concentrate nutrition. Can you turn cellulose into sugar, fat and protein? No you cannot.

Even grain or corn fed cattle still eat plants that humans cannot eat or eat a quality of food not fit for a human.

The problems with hunger are entirely political and cultural. Africa is the primary location that is still experiencing rapid population growth and that is because we send them free food and medicine.

>tfw black nations on welfare
>tfw i have no face

I'd just eat plants, but what do I know.

>Africa is the primary location that is still experiencing rapid population growth and that is because we send them free food and medicine.

"no".

Insects are just like shrimp of the woods

>that is because we send them free food and medicine
Been doing that for a long time now. Africa's just been busting a fat nut right into its GDP, and the kids are popping out like mad now that the place is industrializing.

That Cuz kids aren't dying so early.

No, beans exist and offer a lot of protein

if environmentalists would lay off aquaculture we'd wouldn't be overfishing the ocean and enjoying fish which use far less resources to grow than other sources of protein.

You need animal proteins and fats.

Aquaculture fish taste worst then wild.