ITT we explain all there is to know in a particular scientifical field in 5 lines or less

ITT we explain all there is to know in a particular scientifical field in 5 lines or less.

I'll start with nutrition:
>Don't eat too much or too little
>Eat varied vegetables regularly
>Eat meat regularly but no need to overdo it unless you want to
>Eat processed food and sweets only occasionally
>Get around 30 grams of fiber every day

Other urls found in this thread:

newearth.media/dmt-is-being-used-to-prolong-life-after-clinical-death/
indiegogo.com/projects/dmt-for-extending-life-when-you-need-it-the-most#/
reddit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Philosophy
>u can't know nuthin

Geology:
>smooth rock = eroded rock
>rocks are made of minerals
>there are 3 kinds of rocks
>water shapes everything
>earthquakes only happen on fault lines

also
>earth sciences being under "xeno-sciences"
>k den

pharmokinetics: lets take animals, or better yet, people, and hit them with various substances and have your drone interns measure all sorts of shit about the person/ animal, while you sit in your office dreaming up what kind of shit we should subject living creatures to next - for science.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Did you know that DMT can be administered to someone who is very near death, and that this will significantly extend the window of time in which a clinically dead person can be resuscitated, by almost 50%? meaning, if a person dies in an ambulance or on an operating table, using DMT, resuscitation may be possible for seven and a half minutes after clinical death, rather than five minutes.

when DMT enters the blood stream and reaches the brain, it is absorbed in the exact same way that glucose and amino acids are. the brain does not have a mechanism that will reject DMT through down-regulation of enzymes such as it would during cocaine, alcohol, or marijuana intoxication. DMT is one of the few endogenous means of directly stimulatin sigma-1 receptors, which protect neurons from oxidative stress. Oxidative stress is one of the primary factors in brain death as well as coma or brain damage in the event of resuscitation.

newearth.media/dmt-is-being-used-to-prolong-life-after-clinical-death/

indiegogo.com/projects/dmt-for-extending-life-when-you-need-it-the-most#/

DMT for CPR

That'd nine lines you fucking preschooler.

Can't even make it 3 posts before somebody fucks it up.

Am disappoint.

Physics

>"Guys I kinda modelled gravity but one of the planets blips kinda weird I dunno, close enough eh"
>"Guys seriously wtf is gravity, why can't we explain this?"
>"Hey everyone I finally figured out gravity! It only took me years and years of study, and I wrote several monumental groundbreaking papers inventing my own branches of mathematics and rewriting our understanding of space and time just to do it but I made it. Generations of mathematicians will be busy with differentiable manifolds because of me."
>"Oh cool, you modelled the effects of gravity really nicely, but how does gravity actually work though?"
>"Lol idk"

he meant five lines of reasoning.

1. definition
2. practical example
3. fun fact
4. explanation of mechanism
5. links to further reading for the curious

what did YOU think five lines meant? lines of text? because you can just resize the window to change that.

Math:
Lemma
Theorem
Corollary
Proposition
Example

>Definition
>Axiom
>Theorem
>Proof
>Example

Is the correct way to go.

Computer sciences
>there's 1 and 0
>bootstraping always does the trick
>when trouble, add a new level of abstraction
>also everything is a graph
>we never really know if/why it work as intended or not.

Economics

>free markets work
>only role of govt in economy should be to protect property rights
>the more govt tries to regulate and centrally plan the economy, the poorer the country will be

Psychiatry:
Make your patient liveless zombie

Onkology:
Better let it die, it's the way nature wanted it, but make it more painfull.

I am quite sure that sigma receptors have to do with cancer too!

>Example
>Example

>Let's just ignore Arrow's impossibility theorem

Isn't that more applied math then economics?

Economists like to pretend they're mathematicians. Maximising utility functions and global welfare fcns (which doesn't work due to AIT)

Engineering
>*gurgling*
>*chortling*
>*gasping for air*
>*gurgling*
>*chortling*

Neuroscience:
>We don't know shit, why do you think psychology exists?

Philosophy

Socrates
>I dunno nuthin! You cannot know nuthin!
Plato
Kant
Hegel

Am I being profound yet?

Mathematical Physics

>Nonlinear Model
>Linearize
>Asymptotic
>Simulation
>Write it up so that gaygineers won't understand

EECS

EECS brags that in future.
>I will automate every job.
>Even automate my own field.
>Robots will steal even my own job.

While in fact the Cheap Pajeets are now stealing their jobs & pushing down their wages

>gaijineers
wew

EECS Pajeet

When Pajeet finds the West Tech Industry Job Market

POO . IN . IT

Engineering

>reddit com/r/gaygineers/

>>only role of govt in economy should be to protect property rights

What about protecting/conserving the environment?

Mathematical economics:
>Some people prefer thing A to thing B, but others prefer the reverse
Elaboration: These "things" are usually described as concrete goods that people can buy, e.g. people preferring apples to oranges. But we can speak just as well of people preferring a conserved nature reserve to a new chemical plant, say.
Also, I use the word "people" here, but you can consider a firm, government, etc. as a single "person" even though it comprises many individuals, so long as these individuals are acting in unison. When it is more important to be accurate than intuitive, the term "economic agent" is used instead.

>Some people prefer investments with low risk and high rewards, but others prefer the reverse
>Some people prefer to sacrifice a bit of short-term happiness in exchange for greater long-term rewards, but others prefer the reverse
>Each person is faced with a set of actions (the size of the set depending on the amount of power/resources they own) and chooses the action leading to a state of the universe that is the most in line with their preferences
>From these simultaneous optimizations, the complexities of the economy arise as emergent phenomena

>Isn't that more applied math then economics?
Economics, once made rigorous, becomes synonymous with "simultaneous optimization", i.e. essentially applied math.

>utility functions and global welfare fcns (which doesn't work due to AIT)
AIT does not prove that global utility functions can't exist, it merely forbids them from taking a certain form (those with non-transitive preferences). It also assumes that peoples' preferences are static and don't change over time, an assumption which few if any economists still hold on to (if the papers I'm reading are any indication). Though AIT probably helped to hasten its demise.

NB i am a non-econ, with average math skills (physics)
Why do you think AIT only forbids intransitivity? I thought that the axiom(?postulate?) of monotonicity allowed for changing of opinions?