A question for writers familiar with Jungian typology/MBTI:

A question for writers familiar with Jungian typology/MBTI:

Do you ever use certain Jungian/MBTI types to help develop your protagonist and other characters? I'v had a creative essay to do for college and I'v been basing my character around the "ENTJ" personality type, I'v found it 10x easier for his character development and I also find him a lot more interesting because of it.

>tfw rarest personality type at INFJ

Makes me think

OP here: after doing some research into the cognitive functions, I found out that I'm apparently "INTJ". Apparently that's like the second rarest.

Maybe an interesting experiment, definitely a bullshit metric though.

>INFJs are gentle, caring, complex and highly intuitive individuals. Artistic and creative, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities.

In short, I'm an unbearable faggot. Thanks, lad.

Na, INFJ's aren't that bad. I'm ENTP and I'd say INFJ's are easily the most interesting type. At least you're not INFP.

INFP here. Can confirm that INFPs are the worst

INTP here
i feel quite lonely in the 3rd world shithole i born

INFP here. I want to die.

ISTP here
I want everyone in this thread to be put to death

>mfw

im an entp according to this chart but an istp according to online tests

>not an F or J
thank god 2bh

same desu

I've gotten both infp and intp....

>Can confirm that INFPs are the worst

what's so bad about them?

I'm INFP. Pretty much everything.

But it isn't without its merits.

My life is hell but at least my brand of autism always keeps humanity and the world interesting to me. Even at my lowest and most depressed I'm always interested. The flame never dies.

I'm a INTP and i'm a fucking autist, it sucks

ENTP here. I got the same idea as you while time ago when i discovered MBTI. However, instead of basing my characters on the typology i tried to classify them in order to make a believable character. But at the end i think it restricts your creative drive more than what it impulses. Sure it's funny and interesting the usage of different personalities in fiction and it will help you, but i think it's more orientated to genre fiction. Experiment and decide for yourself.

I know people shit on these but I reckon they're good at basic, surface level evaluations/characterisations - the personality functions are interesting to think of as a basic groundwork for building more nuanced personas upon.

People who give MBTI too much credence tend to turn identification with their "personality type" into a self-fulfilling prophecy, I think. At least, that's what I'm always wary of when I try to use some external system as a crutch for self-exploration. I sort of loathe the idea of becoming someone who pseudo-analyses everyone around me and fits them into categories. Like obviously all personality types are not objective ingrained labels, but they come from consciously sorting common distinctions in basic human behaviour into different groupings. I think it's limiting to take up someone else's made-up typology and use it as a philosophy to define yourself and other people by. But it's a very fun and satisfying exercise, it really appeals to our egos and desire to understand other people.
t. INFP

>I sort of loathe the idea of becoming someone who pseudo-analyses everyone around me and fits them into categories.

I don't think anyone takes MBTI *that* seriously.

Well anyone who'd regularly lurk Veeky Forums at least.

Don't visit MBTI forums
>each personality type has its own subreddit
>there are websites that write buzzfeed-tier journalism shit like "Ten Things You NEED To Know Before Dating an INTJ"

this

same

I can't connect well with my peers or get laid without being intoxicated in some fashion.

We're emotionally intense utopians basically

its the most "JUST" type

At least you aren't enfj

>Moody-know-it-all-emo-hippie

Accurate

What's that one?

Clearly based on this chart, INTJ and ENTP are the superior types. They both respectively retain the most harmonic sets of traits possible for introvert and extravert alike.

GLORIOUS INTJ POSTING, FELLOW GODS OF THE SHADOWS CHECK IN

>image for inferior infj/infp to be autists about

Imagine the average college girl who reads John Green and eats nigger cum like a nutritional supplement

found him, bottom left, also she-ldo is on the bottom right.

i'd love to edit one of these and take him out entirely, causing someone like me to search eternally

I vaguely remember my brother putting an odlaw sticker over waldo in our book when we were kids.

took me all day to realize

What are the essentials of INTP literature?

absolute mad man

whatever i write, desu

We are closet narcissists

What's my personality type if my personality type changes every 3-4 months?

Is it, "CGHB"? i.e, Conscious, steadilyGrowing human being?

Drop the memes OP, take the antiautism potion (contains 4.5-70% ethanol), and write your fucking novel.

now THIS is autism

If you do so you're a complete brainlet. It's pseudoscience, doesn't even breech the surface of the minute intricacies of an individual. Though it would still be better than the bland characters every ""creates"" though, which are just one bland characteristic per character.

>tfw infp and i like it

ive literally never kissed a girl sober

I've literally never kissed a girl

infj masterrace reporting in

why do i get infp every time i take the stupid test but i feel like an intp

PewDiePee make a video about this the other day, he said it was just shit that people believe like in horoscopes :S

Honestly why do people use MBTI? It is only very superficially true, and the Big Five personality model is way more accurate from a clinical viewpoint.

it provides a supernatural comfort, like zodiac

Shitposting

Who else ENTP here?

No, that's stupid.
At least you're not INTJ, and therefore not terminally autistic.

I'm assuming you still have some degree of autism.

ENTP here, can confirm INFP are the worst.

Because you are INFP, duh!

The ride never ends familia

People after this test do bunch of fallacies. They try fit to their result but actually answers show only what they claim to be themselves. Is all about what Barnum effect doing.

Just got INFP. Why do people keep saying they are the worst?

INTP is the worst. It's like you're alone behind a glass pane in a zoo watching all of humanity, trying to make sense of it and being embarassed every time you try to join in. It's being disqualified as a human being (read No Longer Human, the main character Yozo is INTP as fuck).

No Longer Human
The Great Gatsby
A Catcher in the Rye
Anything by Poe

What's some INFP lit?

This
MBTI types, the dimensions themselves are not stable. Personality is contextual and metrics are problematic in that they can't properly account for the lifespace of the individual.

But as a tool or source of inspiration, sure why not.

Should have said "reliable" rather than stable. Stable is vague.

Personality type stuff is for those who like to read cosmopolitan. It's fun, but it was perhaps the most shameful product of Jung's work next to his nazi shit.

I'd go with Jungian typology rather than MBTI. MBTI is basically horoscopes, the tests are useless and just confuse people on Jung's work. Jungian typology and the Cognitive functions is actually a pretty robust and reliable structure, and actually gives you reasons why you're those 4 letters and why you can't change them. Plus, it's hella interesting, all the stuff about Ni, Ti, Fe and all the other functions is so fascinating.

What's some INFJ lit?

Infinite Jest

Check out

>tfw INTJ

Literally confirmed autist

TFW INFJ did the holocaust, 911, and general edginess

Can you not extract all that that from MBTI?
>Basically horoscopes
>Basically useless
Developing a test based on 4 dichotomies can give insight into this stuff MBTI's main weakness is the lack of attention to the interplay between the dichotomies.

Not everybody is out to be a nerd about this stuff or take it all that seriously.

>Can't change letters
Untermensch detected btw

>starting this thread with this picture

I hope you didn't expect anything other than
>LMAO any INTPs here, kek INFJ is hitler, fuck Es amirite

This is honestly the most accurate description I've seen. Especially with that "turbulent" variant

Suicide seems likely

Introverted feelers who outwardly intuit

No wonder no one can ever figure out what they're on about, and their "gee no one gets me" meter fills up until they die.

If you use these you're a no talent autist who will never create anything worthwhile since you lack the ability to understand people intuitively

You might be able to make passable genre fiction at best but even that's a stretch

Post ur high literature that u wrote urself

I'm Thomas Pynchon, I don't need to prove shit

t. young try hard

+putin and varg

>tfw infp and a tranny

worst type
at least im not some combative douche tho

Borderline ENTP/ENFP reporting in.

MBTI is slightly bullshit but P people are definitely the master race.

Also not the common misconception: your p/J function is whichever you do EXTROVERTED, not which is your dominant. So INFJ people are dominant P, but judge externally.

Kek

>chiang kai shek is black
I'm officially /mad/

>P people are definitely the master race.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ham on rye

>Jay-Z
>an introverted thinker

>Disregarding usable archetypes
fuck off

ha-hah man don't you see that that's just your E type speaking

ENTJ-A here. INFPs are basically cucks or females.

I was longlisted for the Man Booker in 2013 and I love the Myers-Briggs. Sure, it ain't science, but it's nice.

Hi Jim.

Buy my book, please, I just want to see my family again

is this doll coming back for the show's revival?

nah google her, she beat

;_;

ENTP here, how do I stop sounding pretentious?

Stop challenging people's beliefs. Even if they are very easily proven wrong.

What's the INTP version of this?

Famous ENTJS
>Napoleon Bonaparte
>Julius Caesar
>Bill Gates
>Jeb Bush
Yeah, real sex gods you are.

Your examples make it hard to tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Napoleon and Caesar were indeed promiscuous men of virility with large harems.

>Having a large harem compensates for being a cuck or a manlet with a micropenis.

>conqueror
>Shakespeare character
>richest man in the world
>comes from a family of reptilians
yes Anonymous Fourchanner, I'm sure you would steal every chick they attempt to score with

That only makes Napoleon all the more impressive!