, Veeky Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=b-dGuTLiMso
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Guitar, chess.

writing lyrics

mathematics, illustration, board games, magic: the gathering

Collecting books desu.

Also opera, playing guitar/piano, hiking, travelling and cooking.

playing piano
cooking, especially baking
drawing
various stuff like sewing/felting/knitting/paper cutting
hiking
running

I play classical and flamenco guitar
I produce and compose music
I draw and paint
I lift heavy weights off the ground
I read books
I'm shit at all of them

>mtg

eating pizza, masturbating
I am typical /b/tard but I love literature

reading the other responses, i forgot to add chess and travelling

You're a waste of space and a waste of quads.

I am sorry mr elegant impeccable Veeky Forumsard. Go back read... I mean asking what you should read.

/mu/, Veeky Forums, /a/,...

oh and film

>/mu/
Okay, but...
>/a/
kys

here you go again

Learning languages and watching sport.

What kind of films?

>watching sport

(you)

I like discovering new music, especially in subgenres of rock. I've tried many classical composers, but nothing's clicked yet. Maybe some day.

honesty haven't watched anything in a while, was thinking of getting back on watching some.

my taste is pretty mainstream i guess, some favorites are persona, stalker, the eighth day, memories of murder.
what about u user?

I'm not really big into film, but I'm trying to get more into it.

If your taste is mainstream, i don't know what that makes mine. I like New Hollywood stuff from the 60s and 70s mostly, like The Graduate, Taxi Driver etc. Like I say, I'm trying to get more into film, so I've been watching some Godard (really enjoyed Pierrot le Fou), even though he's like stereotypically babby's first arthouse director. Gotta start somewhere I guess.

Got any recommendations, other than the ones you mentioned?

please stop being so pretentious

>writing
>staying informed about current events, politics, economics, etc.
>playing soccer with the lads
>going into the city
>hanging with friends and family
>studying catholicism
>listening to techno

r8

>make a post about how I never watch arthouse
>get called pretentious
scary

Piano.
Chess.
/out/ stuff

>staying informed about current events, politics, economics, etc.
>going into the city
>hanging with friends and family
not hobbies
>listening to techno
mental illness

overall boring/7

I collect coins and stamps, write, and play guitar.

Any other coinfags ITT?

so many chess players itt lul

it's like mining for gold.
i can't stand orchestras. or anything else than solo piano for that matter.
most of the interpretators suck.
and then they also need to choose pieces that aren't total crap.

try this for example. watching her hands is hypnotic to me
m.youtube.com/watch?v=b-dGuTLiMso

Being miserable

Well, I'm playing Halo right now.

My other favourite hobbies are women and complaining about women.

I mostly called my taste mainsteam mainly for my likings of Tarkovsky and Bergman.

I'm no film buff muself but sure. Watch Memento, La Haine, The Seventh Seal, Birdman, Blue Is The Warmest Color, Close Up, Come and See

wtf

you don't smoke with a baby in your arms

Ich habe kein Hobby

dann such dir eins...

It's alright. I like a few of the melodies that surface and she's obviously a very talented player, but the greatness of Bach still eludes me.

Film, lifting, studying psychology, tindering 2bh

Ever heard of beethoven?
Also I enjoyed bouree for bach

This desu, that picture triggers me so much

Listen to composers that overlap with rock.

Working through Frank Zappa's discography is a great way to get exposed to different melodies if you have a rock background.

Steve Reich and John Cale have a long history together and there's overlap between the Velvet Underground and the music Steve was going for.

Terry Reily is fun.

Kronos Quartet is memecore for chamber music but still a good introduction into the style.

is bujalski the ugliest man alive or is he just the ugliest man alive in funny ha ha

Oh and music, I'm the biggest hipster ITT probably when it comes to music, listen to field recordings, musique concrete, drone and pretentious shit like that

I've listened to a few symphonies but there's too much going on at once for me to be able to focus. I like to have the "big picture" of a piece of music to understand it and that's very difficult with Beethoven.
Thanks for the recommendations. I do like the early electronic music I've heard so far due to the reason listed above. I'll give your artists a shot.

>studying psychology
>gets memed by teenage /mu/tants

No hobbies, just trying to get a grounding for my life.

-Finding a permanent house
-Working like a dog for some extra money
-Trying to keep developing creative skills
-Trying to create a diverse habits like showers and shaving so I can appear to be a functioning human
-Trying to learn how to not let addiction completely consume me

It's kind of exciting to know I'm working from the baseline up. Good vantage point to evaluate what's important.

I started listening to that before I first visited /mu/.

Goddamn I wrote that list poorly. I hate myself

composing music, doing speed, crying

>doing speed
I don't blame you, speed is fucking cash. If I didn't have enough shit in my life to sort out already I'd be doing it all day every day

I'm way fucking into drugs

>he could be reading literature but instead he wastes time doing pointless shit
God, this board is full of plebs.

writing

i'd agree with you, but i think i'm an addict at this point. which can't be too healthy, y'know. all things considered.

watching sports, bingedrinking cheap alcohol, contemplating suicide, talking with my grandma on the phone, travelling the world through the magic of google street view, shitposting online, lying, saying hurtfull things i dont mean to people i love, rewatching seinfeld and so on and so on

>travelling the world through the magic of google street view

Tea, quilting, origami, opera, gardening, crochet, collecting books.

>implying Veeky Forums actually reads

>travelling the world through the magic of google street view
are you me

Tri-dimensional chess, Raumschach, writing letters to various heads of state, hurdy-gurdy.

Survival. Living in the woods, trapping, that sort of shit.

Coding. Mostly stupid python projects to help me at work or organize my bookmarks.

That's about it. That and shitposting.

Most people see one side of me and think that's all there is to me. They hear me talk about hunting and think I'm a redneck. They hear me talk about coding and think I'm a nerd. I don't think I'm really unique, but I don't understand how a person could like just one single thing in life and that's it. I guess I get bored easily.

I really like riding my motorcycle, ever since i got my endorsement i've been riding eery chance i get

Video games
Drawing/art in general, which I'm in school for

going to church, learning about art history, music history, fashion, sort of learning french, video games

planned for "tomorrow": piano, coding

How does the Oval smell, fampai?

oh, I forgot to add antiquing

I go /out/ when I can. A few years ago I found a pond that I'm sure nobody knows about because it was in the beginning of summer and I had to a take a machete and cut out my own path. My goal is build a small hunters cabin nearby so I don't have to bring a tent or hammock in case I want to stay overnight. It's such a perfect place because there's even a small creek nearby and the water is always crystal clear and in summer it's always cold. If I didn't have a filter I wouldn't even think twice about drinking straight from it.

Other than that I've been getting into chess lately and I'll still occasionally watch a movie or TV show, although much less than I used to. I honestly think I only watched two movies in all of last year.

What kind of antiques do you collect, user?

I'm always looking out for good teacups and carnival glass, myself.

storytelling, gym, programming, music composition, writing, math

Music, history, politics, Jungian typology, video games.

>hobby
>Jungian typology
>video games

Tea
CSGO
Wild Turkey 101

What's in your cup today? I've been resteeping some Wuyi Gongfu.

I don't collect anything in particular, but I feel like I have more paintings and prints than anything else
otherwise just some objets d'arts that I think would look good around the house
here's a ceramic plate I bought not too long ago

Just some gunpowder green

Drank Shizuoka Gyokuro all day long.

Looks pretty interesting. Plates always seem good for decorative objects since you can have those very narrow wall shelves to hold them.

I never have luck with finding paintings I like in regular antique shops. And anything I like at estate sales is way over my budget.

>Weightlifting
>Film
>Anime
>Sport

Am I not the complete man?

photography, skiing, climbing, playing ukulele, sailing, board games, drinking, pinball, hanging out with my girlfriend, S&R missions for the Red Cross, programming, shitposting

>Anime
>Am I not the complete retard?

paintings are extremely hard to find at a good price, but it's possible
I got this one for $25, it's kind of small but I love it

It's an art form akin to that of homers works. When will you realise this? Name an art form which has more depth.

i bet you play videogames all day you fucking manchildren

Listening to post-punk, extreme metal, art/prog rock, and avant-jazz. A few other styles too but those occupy most of my attention.
Watching arthouse, cult, and classic Hollywood films. Certain dramatic and comedic television shows as well, with a few dashes of anime.
Keeping up-to-date on geopolitics.
Reading/collecting comic books.
Browsing the net, trying to discover cool new sites and keeping up with the web communities I'm apart of.
Boozing, specifically boozing while browsing the chan or with friends.
Playing video games occasionally, mostly non-commital older stuff like puzzles and arcade games, but a few longer, more recent ones.
Periodically completing jigsaw puzzles, but I frequently go large stretches of time without even touching one.
Traveling to new places, but I don't do this as often as I'd like.
Visiting museums, but I similarly don't do this very often.
Saving interesting and amusing pictures.

>muh deep cartoons
This is an 18+ board, famalam.

I read comics, worry, and have bursts of terrible anger at people who are not there.

Patrish

>music, films, comics, vidya
>takes 13 lines to say this
Consider becoming a philosopher.

I play a bunch of stringed instruments (guitar banjo bass ukulele violin) and know a bunch of languages.
Recently I've started to make things out of clay and construct dioramas with them, although it makes me feel like a 3 year old bitch

hahahaha, i'll never get tired of manchildren needing to defend the validity of anime, as if it's a monolithic medium.

Music, movies, physics and history, although this last one is reading.

Coursework, masturbation, shitposting sleep, eating, the list could go on forever

It could if you don't understand what 'hobby' means.

Those are my hobbies user

>reading history
>not making history
Cucked

SAD!

>although it makes me feel like a 3 year old bitch
a regression to childhood is what most intellectuals long for

It's pretty great. I've actually stopped fapping and I meditate now too. I'm very content :)

Just trying to be a bit descriptive mate