Books are all different sizes

>books are all different sizes
>some are hardback, some are paperback
>can't organise them alphabetically by author because it will look mismatched and terrible on my bookshelf
>can't organise them by size and separate hardbacks from paperbacks because i'll have different books by the same author on different shelves
Why the fuck can't they just be standardised

Like it fucking matters you autist.

Organise them by colour and start your own Booktube channel. Make sure to buy some white christmas light.
Oh, and go back to r/books, thank you.

Just put the book on the shelf until you want to read it again.

Jesus. Shouldn't you be expressionlessly studying your dying grandma or something?

Order all the books you want in the same format from a bookbindery. Alternatively stop having shit taste and being autistic.

>friend reorganizes bedside bookshelf by size
>immediately mix all books randomly and with extreme prejudice
>she does it again
>i mix it up again
by size is aesthetically disgusting an i hate you if you do it

Do you all shit on the floor? Are your rooms filled with piss bottles and littered with food wrappers, plates and dishes you haven't bothered to put away in months? Fucking disgusting degenerates.

the only way to organize books is roughly by topic (for example, fiction, poetry, mathematics, architecture, whatever the fuck you're reading) ans inside the topic, alphabetically. the goal is to be able to find whatever you are looking for as fast as possible

don't even get me started on trying to organize by subject material

>formal sciences, easy
>physical sciences, peasy,
>cognitive sciences, eh it'll work if you take the parts of biology (physical sciences), psychology (minus social psychology), and computer science (AI, algorithms, circuits, machine learning, neural nets, etc.) that are relevant.
>social sciences & humanities, wtf everything is studied in a billion different ways, only arts and literature seem to be solely humanities
>don't even bother trying to classify history and philosophy anywhere, since they all comment on every subject matter possible

>autistic screeching
explain yourself, fag

I organize my books by size. For me, sorting books by author name is to help you easily find what you are looking for. I only have 1 big shelf, therefore I don't feel the need to do so. If I ever get more shelves or keep books in more than 1 place I will probably sort it though

>I organize my books by size
disgusting

how should I organize it?

not by size.
really, there's no point. unless you have early onset dementia, it's not like you'll forget where they are. group em by genre.

Fiction - alphabetically or chronologically.
Non-fiction - first thematically then alphabetically.

That is why you stick to one and only one publisher dipshit

>Not ranking them by cover colour
Jesus guys.

Literally this.

i doubt you all have bookshelves large enough that you would need more than a minute to find a specific book, organized or no

>really, there's no point
there is really no point really in any kind of sorting in MY SITUATION either. I do not have 10 shelves full of books, I only have 1 straight shelf (like pic related) with books so if I need 1 book I look at 1 direction in my room and I can see all of them, so whats the point? being a pretentious faggot? as I said, if I had few big ass shelves full of books or had books in different locations, yes, I would definitely sort them but not in my situation

>2017
>owning physical books
disgusting
>inb4 muh feels

*vapes*

this is exactly what I mean.

here

>like pic related

>tfw you have to pass on Infinte Jest because it isn't published by Macmillan

>pastel jackets to hide your YA

>I had few big ass shelves full of books or had books in different locations, yes, I would definitely sort them but not in my situation
i have multiple huge ass shelves in different locations. it's not an actual library- other people don't need to be able to find books. you'll be able to just remember. as you'll see the shelves everyday

well, i like to have a system in my stuff and being orderly. i have one big bookshelf and i sort by category and alphabet. i just like to know that everything has it's place. might be autism but idgaf

XD thats totally my shelf

that's fine, be as autistic as you want
as long as it's not by size

or else what fag?

i'll stop loving you for who you are.
slowly, i'll come to resent you.

why is "by size or color" so bad? it looks neat

how is it worse than not having a system at all?

this should be obvious. anyone who doesn't do this intuitively I would regard with suspicion

i don't care about color, just size.
size is just ugly. an unequal incline is gross

what if it is equal? (because you have so god damn many books...)

READABLE
AT
EVERY
SIZE

you spine-shaming nazi

>he doesn't order personalized bindings for his books
Get a load of this petit-bourgeois.

>what if it is equal?
mmmmm. it would still be weird. i'm not sure how to explain it, but it's unbalanced, one side would be way heavier. but not in an aesthetic way. the bookshelf would have to have a weird design, to balance it out. or like a 100ft log. the incline so gradual that you barely notice. make it an art installation.

t. studied design

just organise them in the shape of a sine wave

yes, repeating patterns are fine.
impressive even.

>studied design

are you a bottom or a power bottom? i'm a power top

There's a huge gap between not perfectly organized and shitting on the floor.