Tfw I made a disgusting dish while experimenting

tfw I made a disgusting dish while experimenting

Live and learn. I've done it countless times. Don't be a punk bitch about it, just know that you tried and something didn't work out.

>experimenting

what was it

brown rice, eggs, hoisin

I made this horrendous curry once. It was simultaneously tasteless and extremely hot. I ended up freezing it and eventually threw it into the neighbors garden to melt away a year later.

same as this guy said. it's pretty easy to mess up a dish, now you know something more

>tfw posted anime for no reason

Oh wait that's you. Faggot.

Sorry senpai, live and learn desu. id give you a hug if I could

I feel its a great way to tell your emotions at the moment. Plus they cute

>complaining about anime on Veeky Forums

Keep tilting at those windmills, I'm sure you'll slay one eventually.

I know that feel user. Experimenting with food has inherit risks, but when you make something good, it is all the better for it.
Keep experimenting, make sure you eat what you made, and try to determine what you did wrong, so you can fix it the next time.

gonna give this thread a free bump just for (you)

Happens to everyone, that's what experimenting is for. Hope you learned something from the experience, otherwise it would be a waste.

>tfw try making alfredo-esque pasta sauce without knowing how the fuck to make such a thing so i chucked some flour and drizzled some chicken stock after browning chicken and sauteeing onions+shrooms but it ended up being literal gravy (i thought it would make roux but i dont even know what roux is) so i ran to the nearest empty jar of alfredo sauce to look at the ingredients and saw that it roughly consists of milk, egg yolk, water, and cheese but i was all out of milk so i had to use a fuckton more cheese and my tears instead

Cooking without an exact recipe is the most fun, even if it doesn't always come out fantastic.

I like making odd fusions, personally. Sweet and sour pork tacos, for instance.

Definitely know that feel and it won't be the last, it's part of cooking, you learn, you fuck up, learn from it and improve, repeat.

Caramel + ham

I did it wrong

>I have eggs
>I have salmon
>I have glucose powder for some reason
>I have a bag a of peanuts

That day I believed that nothing could possibly go wrong.

Never ever experiment.
Always follow a recipe, someone better than you has already failed for you.

is she left handed?

>tfw made a chocolate bechamel sauce one time and put it on pasta

boy howdy, was that an abomination

Although moefag shitposting is the worst, this is an anime website.

If you're that thin skinned that anime forces you to post then you need to find another website.
Also, a trigger warning for you; don't scroll up because Veeky Forums itself posts it too.

AAAAHHHHHHHH

>Not liking Nichijou
Whatever edgelord

>not liking forced animation with zero substance and no jokes
What a controversial opinion. He sure is edgy.

sauce on original video? Can't find it. Something with Mary?

what a terrible attitude

do not listen to this man

>mfw accidentally made a noice soup

Along with risk comes reward, if it were an amazing dish you would have just innovated.
Life is a balance.
You're a disgusting weeb tho so I don't think you'll be doing anything good so yeah just kys

>make food without recipe to your family
>disappoint everyone including yourself
>gratz you just wasted 30€ worth of incredients on "experimenting" hope you're happy

>using an untested experimental recipe in a critical situation
That's just retarded, you'd wait til it's a private meal to do something like that.

Get off Veeky Forums Evan

>tfw I made a nice crockpot stew and tried to get creative by cooking rice in the stew and ended up with some cooked rice but mostly uncooked burnt rice and basically ruined the entire dish but had to eat it anyway over the course of a week because there's no way I could throw out 4lbs of chicken
Lesson learned that day

Another thing I dont understand is making ridiculous amount of food at once.
I usually make something I can eat in a day, max the day after. Eating shitty 2 day old food is insane.

Fuck you make me

>hoisin
use oyster sauce

That happens, it's how you learn not to do that again.

Low test bitch.

Awful mentality.

How did you fuck up something so simple?

Different user here.
I don't always have time and energy to cook every day.
It's also more expensive (or impossible) to buy ingredients in tiny quantities, since I only cook for myself.
The logical solution is to cook 3 or 4 servings at once, and to put the remaining portions into the freezer.

Why the fuck would you experiment on a huge family dinner you fool?

You experiment so you can deduce a way to make a dinner for the family that blows them away.

>what is a freezer
I can cook a huge pot of pasta sauce and reheat it weeks later and it'll be just as good as when I made it.

If you are alone, you can cook a huge pot of sauce, then freeze individual portions and have like 12 meals you can thaw out and reheat whenever, and it'll last for months and months and months.

Lrn2frugal, fagboy

Family might just be his immediately family. If you can't get your parents/siblings/significant other/children to taste-test shit, who CAN you get to taste-test shit?

That's because you're a weeb and therefore fucking brain dead.

Yeah, but there's a difference between making THE family dinner experimental, versus making an experimental dish outside of the main mealtime (or in addition to a normal meal) and getting feedback on it.

I ask my family for feedback on cooking quite often. But if I'm making something experimental it will be in addition to normal cooking, or it will be in between meals, that way I'm not risking everyone's main meal if I fuck up.

I don't know, don't you have tastebuds?

Not enough (You)'s last time, user-kun?

Have some seconds.

Well yeah, but you'll never know WHY the recipe makers are right. And if you dont understand what makes a recipe good by experience you'll never make anything original.

You sound defeated, user. Wanna talk about it?

Meh. Depends how safe an experiment it is.

Sometimes you taste something and you know it's missing something but can't figure it out yourself. Asking people for feedback is one of the keys to improving.

>Meh. Depends how safe an experiment it is.

Sure. If you're going to make a really simple change then I don't see a problem with doing that for the main meal either. But if I decide to season the roast chicken with thyme instead of rosemary that's hardly worthy of discussing as "experimental cooking".

OTOH if I'm going to attempt a complicated dish that I've never done before you can bet your ass that I'm not going to do that for a main family meal--or I'm going to make sure I have a solid fallback plan.