Years ago I was told a story of a man who opened his own arm to see the tendons that are inside...

Years ago I was told a story of a man who opened his own arm to see the tendons that are inside, however I do not remember the name mentioned and therefore cannot check the validity of the infomation given, can anyone source this please?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_anatomy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

well it's not unbelievable, considering some doctor gave himself an appendectomy

Why didnt he just take a cadaver anatomy class?

It was before the time or when the infomation provided wasn't as accurate as it could have been, I belive it was told because it allowed for advancement in this area of medicine

sounds like an urban legend. We've known about tendons forever
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_anatomy

Like I said it could have been just for the advancement in the area, but I haven't ruled out the possibility of it being an urban legend

I don't wanna sound autistic, but I've always thought operating on yourself sounds cool af desu. I've always wondered if there was a way to volunteer for a surgery where a surgeon opens me up, snoops around, and then closes me back up, just to record the entire process so I could see what /my/ internal organs/skeletons/etc looks like.

+ it would leave behind a cool scar

why not just go to an open operating room and observe a surgery? or look up surgeries on youtube?

Because I want to see what /my/ insides look like, or (if somehow possible) feel them.

you're a strange one user. Your insides look like other peoples insides, macroscopically at least. But hey, a dream is a dream. It would be extremely painful of course

What you're suggesting goes against current medical ethics. Operations necessarily include risks (short term and long term). One of the pillars of medical ethics is "doing no harm". In order to go ahead with surgery, especially a pretty invasive one like what you mentioned, the potential benefits should outweigh the potential harms. In this case the potential harms are clear but there are no potential benefits other than satisfying your curiosity. Most surgeons would therefore refuse to perform it. The only ones who might accept would be money obsessed cunts or sickos.

That said, if you actually need programmed surgery, you might be able to ask the anesthesiologist to stay awake. Seeing stuff wouldn't be very likely and touching is out of the picture (assepsia and surgeon butthurt over touching the surgical field).

sounds like someone needs to do some yoga

Bump

This and also surgical scars fucking hurt my dude. Somehow I didn't anticipate this until I had a major surgery. The surgery itself doesn't hurt of course, but at the end there's still a cut that goes all the way into your body cavity.

Bump

There was a /b/ poster long ago that would cut themselves open like this. Really deep so you could see muscles. Took the flesh right off their thigh.

That would have been interesting to see, I don't suppose you have the images/videos? If so please share

What the fuck and why the fuck did I enter this thread

I didn't mean it to be like this....

Is it possible to remove all skin from the body and still have a perfectly functional person, or has this been done on animals. This seems like the right place to ask

Not for long... You'd get infections, go systemic and die. The main reason burn victims die.

Maybe you should get a cat scan... Easy way to see your insides without the pain.

Coldnessinmyheart