So recently workers were redoing my building's insulation with mineral wool (stone wool in particular...

So recently workers were redoing my building's insulation with mineral wool (stone wool in particular,) but one of them fell and died, so they just left the mineral wool on the walls exposed for 3 weeks straight now, with huge blocks of this shit literally inches from my window which is often open.

I do know mineral fibers are pretty dangerous for your lungs, but at what point does it become a cancer hazard? I've been itchy, and often get contact dermatitis pretty extensively in all my appartment for the past week and I do see some fibers all over the furniture, but just dont know if the dose im breathing in is dangerous.

Should I move out until they finish? Or does it only get dangerous ifyou work your whole life with this stuff? I'm really worried about this for some reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

eurima.org/about-mineral-wool/health-safety.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6547541
jstor.org/stable/40965272?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Really? You're more concerned about this than the poor person who died? Kill yourself fucking scum.

hes fucking dead you retard, what does being concerned even do at this point?

>why do you care about your health? you should filter out those concerns for someone who has no health to worry about anymore

is this what brainlets actually do?

I don't think there is any evidence that actually links that material to cancer, there probably will be eventually. I spent a year working construction with Mexican illegals when I was homeless and yeah that stuff itches like a fucking bitch, my last two days on the job was spent handling that stuff and I quit just from the itching. It persisted a week after I quit.

Well he's gone dude, i'm trying to not join right after him.

Libtard looking for an excuse to be righteously indignant, but too stupid to succeed.

He was your sacrifice... He died for your mineral wool sins. Go ahead... Breathe in nice and deep, for you are forgiven.

>totally apolitical subject
>MUH LIBERALS
That's not to say the guy you're replying to isn't retarded though.

EASY FIX

Plant some cannabis indica seeds in the rockwool and water it daily.

Weed actually kills cancer so it will cancel out

kek

So in your eyes some dumbass dies while redoing your insulation, causing the construction to halt for three weeks and you should be concerned about him?
Fuck his ass and his company, why didn't they just finish the construction with some other workers? Do they wait unitil he's cremated to continue construction? What the fuck?

Microfibers, like tiny microscopic glass shards cut into your skin, that is why it was itching for a week after because it takes time to heal the microscopic wounds. It's best to not scratch because it takes longer to heal. Those microfiber/glass shards get into your lungs and cut your shit up.

>tfw weeders believe weed kills cancer but not their brain cells.

Have you tried politely voicing your concerns to the company who is undertaking the work or has your autism spectrum disorder prevented this? Be honest.

U should demand them if that shit makes i sick.

they're all immigrant workers that do not speak english or barely at all, I think they just don't give a fuck. they came back this morning though.

I did, they tried to pass me every person in charge and they "were all not here at this moment", also tried to speak to the director, also not here for some "reason". they just don't want to answer.

I'd sue their asses, and move out asa, that sort of shit is not a game, that stuff your breathing in will never leave your lungs

Moral outrage to make yourself look good really is a hallmark of the far left right now. The people who do so aren't technically liberals, they better fit the mold of progressives, but every leftist is a liberal to those who don't care enough about politics to actually learn about it.

Are you an absolute retard? Your definition of the left is "anybody I don't like" when historically it's always been conservatives losing their shit over nothing, your post being no different

>muh dumb libruls no nuffin about politics
>uses completely different political terms interchangeably
Honestly kill yourself. You brought up politics for no reason and once again proved you're your own strawman

I'm not the same guy. Should be apparent by me differentiating between liberals and progressives. Liberals are more rationalist, and progressives are more about finding reasons to change things for what they see as a better world.

I'm no conservative, either, but their outrage is more about either because they're bitchy about possibly breaking something that's already working or because they want to maintain the dominance of self-determination. Moral grandstanding is secondary to those when it comes to people on the right.

Yeah I misread your post, ignore me

Not even the guy you are replying to but these are non arguments. And childish. The fact that you are even speaking like this and arguing about politics should show you that you might just be plain wrong.

>Not even the guy
Sure. I'm sure incoherent tantrums about liberals in a thread that wasn't political is a proper argument and not childish in the slightest

Care for the living, not the dead.

/diy/ here. Yes, it is a problem and it is dangerous. You should contact the manager/company of the workers and complain. Stay at a friend's house until this is resolved. When you come back, wear a mask and do cleaning of everything from ceiling to floor.

that's not a bad idea, your picture

Make sure to have the fan suck through the filters instead of blowing into them. It will work much better that way. And, they really do work well, though it isn't the best type of fan for the job.

eurima.org/about-mineral-wool/health-safety.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6547541
jstor.org/stable/40965272?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

The picture I got from skimming over these makes me think it takes pretty high exposure levels over long periods of time to significantly affect your cancer risk. I'd be more worried about construction dust. Drywall dust and regular dust in enclosed spaces in high concentrations can cause silicosis, which you definitely don't want at all. Just make sure your office is reasonably well ventilated and don't stand around while they're working with drywall.

wait are you serious ? i though it does stay a bit in there but eventually it would clean itself out. how the fuck is it able to just stay there ?

I guess i'll just call again then, I just don't know what my rights are regarding this.

I don't know if that has any proven links to cancer or whatever, but I certainly wouldn't want to breathe that shit in constantly myself.

Keep your window closed for now and start calling the construction company and whatever company or government entity owns your building.