Chomskys library

Chomskys library

probably filled with leftist trash which is why he's an idiot who is subverting a lot of people

Home office

What's the purpose of this thread, faggot?

This one and the smile is for you

Better that than rightist trash.

lol you can see the progression of the mess in this room over time

I believe the purpose is Chomskys library

take the redpill already. This is Veeky Forums, not reddit

Outside of the two offices there is an entire archive with its own dedicated curator

Found an interview that concluded with some close ups of the material on his desk at the time, incoming dump

I've seen that foreign affairs text in a secondhand bookshop up the road from me, might have to give it a go

Imagine the weight of all that
Day after day surrounded by all these facts and figures and statistics about he horrors visited upon the earth by your country
Literally surrounded by these towering piles of learned tomes
All you can do is give interviews and write essays
And the horrors march on

I think you possess a severe misunderstanding of what this site is.

What's purpose, faggot?

Can you even have a deep appreciation of the books you read at that quantity? Even at a pace of a book per week that's fucking unreal.

man im such a slow reader autistic fuck i want to kill myself

>a book per week
Look at this fucking low test beta retard

protip: the alpha philosopher Chomsky reads a book in a day

And yes he does appreciate the material that is worthy, able to draw upon them for references and quotes years and decades later

For a professor this is only somewhat above average

Chomsky has admitted that he doesn't thoroughly read every book, he frequently skims. I don't think that's a bad thing necessarily, he probably knows how to scan really well, plus he's got a great memory.

you made me reply at least

Looks like a lot of Pop-So.

Truly /our guy/.

This reads in a bratty kid's voice

I've seen an interview with someone who went with him to Laos in the 70s to see the bombing, the guy gave chomsky a book on the region and the next day in interviews with diplomatic personal chomsky was quoting whole chunks of it
he read and memorised it in 1 night

Wow, what a legend. This guy is not even human. I mean, holy shit, he's just so much better than all of his. He's our super smart leader guy who can do things no else can. I fucking love worshiping this guy.

I hope Chomsky's smashing that on the side

There's a massive difference between reading for information and reading for pleasure. The goal of academic writing is to convey ideas, not beauty; reading some jackass channeling Yeats when he's supposed to be telling you about a study on enzymes or Libyan economics would just be incoherent and piss you off. Some things like poetry or good fiction shouldn't be skimmed or speedread because you're there to appreciate the euphony of language, but with other writing it's not only encouraged but necessary.

If you enter a Ph.D. Program, you'll quickly learn to do a book a day. I'm sure Chomsky can blast throu a book in a couple hours. Like other anons said, reading for info is not the same as the reading you learn in school.

This is a funny post because you're trying to hurt my feelings, right? The telepathic leader of the collective entity that is Veeky Forums?

RALLY AROUND MY SHITPOSTING TROOPS. IN ACTION!!!

If he isn't, I hope he at least alludes to the fact that he is.

>Virgin spines

Chomsky is no better then a Veeky Forums shelf poster.

He must skim at least now he's old. Seems every political book that comes out has a nice quote about it from chomsky on it

I almost always seek refuge with the same books - actually a very small number - books proved to me. Perhaps it is not my way to read much, or diverse things: a reading room makes me sick. Nor is it my way to love much, or diverse things. Caution, even hostility against new books comes closer to my instincts than "tolerance" and other "neighbor love."

Zizek has said the same at conferences. He said he'll only read through half of a book and then skim the rest.