ITT post books that are just incredibly difficult to get through because of the intelligence of the writer...

ITT post books that are just incredibly difficult to get through because of the intelligence of the writer. In other words, not because of some artistic bullshit like House of Leaves or Infinite Jest, but because it requires rigorous amounts of logic and comprehension to follow.

I'll start
John Maynard Keynes - The General Theory

Anything by Nietzsche

I would expect Von Neumann's works to be ridiculously difficult. I have his book on game theory and I have yet to read it.

Democracy by Henry Kissinger

very informative book. Would recommend.

XDD

>Keynes
>Intelligence of the writer
>Rigorous amounts of logic and comprehension to follow

oh wait its called Diplomacy. Woops.

you had one job m8

>Veeky Forums: literature

Crusoe's Footprint by Patrick Chamoiseau

OP here, good contribution, I found Von Mises very informative and well constructed as well.

I thought Keynes had just such a well developed system of thought. Have you given The General Theory a read?

The Theory of Money and Credit is a very good one.

All of Arno schmidts works and Robert musils, both require heavy knowledge of vocabulary, history and philosophy to really understand what the writer is saying. I enjoy both but still can't comprehend most things said.

bump

Process and Reality by Whitehead. Single most difficult piece of philosophy I've ever read. I found Hegel and Kant easier to follow, desu.

>starting with thus spoke zarathustra

I want to fuck the smirk off her face ginger face.

my diary desu

I just want to say the other user is retarded and that you're right OP. I've read through The General Theory and consider reading and understanding the models and theory in the work to be one of my proudest achievements in terms of what I've read. It was like reading a brick wall at first, but it really made me challenge a lot of assumptions I used to make with regards to economic theory.

bump

I mean, I am really impressed with the level of detail in his economic system, I've been using it to win internet arguments recently.

I will HAVE to summarize his work after I complete the entirety of it, otherwise I will not remember it at all.