Is this image accurate?

Should I avoid these figures? I saw this posted on Veeky Forums some time ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aL_vIqMiHK0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just watch some of them and decide for yourself, faggot.

/mu/ here, absolutely avoid Fantano

I remember when liking Maddox was how you got in with the cool internet crowd.

Wyj czomski and bloom

I only recognize 29 of these.

lindybeige is god-tier. the rest are p shit.

>Maddox is a pseudointellectual

Wrong.

>Gore Vidal is a pseudointellectual

Wrong.

This. Within 5 minutes of listening to someone you should be able to tell if they have a view worth listening to or if they're just spewing garbage.

I like the spirit of this tbqh, but really is obvs right. faggot

why the fuck is Sam Hyde and Boogie on there?

most of them seems right. However, Harold Bloom is an incredibly significant figure in academia, and he has made several contributions to the conception of the Western Canon as well as ground-breaking work in the Anxiety of Influence.

Zizek, past the memes, is an influential continental philosopher, with The Sublime Object of Ideology as a cited contemporary masterpiece in philosophy. His Lacanian insights on Marxism and critical theory are valuable and I see him quoted fairly often in academic essays.

tf are you Veeky Forums incarnate

>Sargon of akkad
>Pseudo-intellectual
What's so bad in pointing out SJW idiocy and saying that the left should reform?

It's not good when done by pseuds.

He's a known liar and he pretends to read studies.

No matter what person you object to on any of these type of lists people will always say they're idiots, frauds, etc.

Dropping quick truth bomb, find out for yourself.

I was gonna' post that I couldn't think of two further extremes than sam and boogie, yet here they are

>FUCKING CARLGON
>FUCKING MYSTERY POLITICS THEATRE 3000
>INTELLECTUAL

really come tf on now

And how exactly are his analysis not done well?
Source?

Take Buchanan off.

Is cernovich in there?

Agreed but he IS a fag

Hyde has no wuali

Hyde has no quality control***

youtube.com/watch?v=aL_vIqMiHK0

Sam Hyde is high-caliber bitchmade.

Peterson doesnt belong there
The rest are pretty shit

now he's not worth the imagespace

Peterson is a sophist

Avoiding people you've never listened to because you saw a pic on Veeky Forums is the definition of pseud.

that picture was a bad meme right from the start, and people just started adding random people they didn't like for no reason

Except the image is right.

tfw when you are so plebian that you can't do anything not sanctioned by Veeky Forums

I think some Buckley fan was a little too butthurt.

many people in the image don't even pretend to be intellectuals, how is it possible for them to be pseudo-intellectuals?

>that feel when when

Buckley is in there too.

Vidal wasn't there originally. I'm saying someone got angry that Buckley was included and Vidal wasn't.

You say this as if "sophist" is a derogatory term.

I'm pretty sure it was the original creator who did that, if I remember correctly.

Some politician was behind vidal but they decided to change it because apparently they dont count

To fredditors it is.

>hating alex jones
pmsl

cute

Its just a compilation of as many internet people as the creator could think of so he could he maxamize the amount of jimmies rustled. Theres no common thread between most of the people in that image

He unironically uses the term "cultural marxism" and actually believes that sjws are following marxist doctrine. Its painfully obvious that he's not as well read as he pretends. His early femnism bashing was good enough, but his success has totally gone to his head and now he fancies himself some sort of intellectual, but talks about stuff way over his head. His channel is also pure pandering now. Despite being a leftist he will never take shots at the right because so much of his audience will get upset. Even when he did a video on the alt right he released an apology afterwards. Fucking phony

>h3h3
>any sort of intellectual
What? His channel is pure goofs and gaffs

nailed it. he's an illiterate unprincipled apologist for terrible shit. it honestly amazes me that he's so popular.

I've never heard him use the term cultural marxism.

That said, it's hard to argue that SJWs aren't at least in part marxist. The whole idea of intersectionality seems very Gramscian to me.

Most sjw rhetoric comes from critical theory and the frankfurt school. If you trace the history of these philosophies back far enough you can wind up at Marx, but calling them Marxist is simply innacurate/ dishonest.

cf. he also bizarrely brings up the Communist Manifesto, of all things, in one of his talks with Rubin

Yeah, but if the theory is about how capitalist oppression intersects across race, gender as well as class, it doesn't seem inaccurate to call it neo-Marxist.

It's literally just class struggle but it includes race and gender.

I don't find it hard to see the similarities between the current left's desire to stifle dissent within their ranks and censorship that plagued communist countries, just as I don't find it hard to see the similarities between Trump and Hitler in his political rise against a very similar left.

To criticize the right is not necessarily unreasonable, not remotely, but to criticize the left, if you wish to be taken seriously in society, is practical suicide, unless you live in rural areas.

I'm very very glad that there is a rule that makes certain the terms of free speech, so that when it is finally defied by whatever systems in power, I will know what to take up arms against. Whether it be left or right, I think that freedom is so clear cut that you cannot help but note when one or another side is infringing upon it. I will say, (for whatever my opinion is worth, probably nil), that the left really, really, really doesn't like free speech. If you don't see this, I marvel at your abilities of perception.

the theory is that the economic/material conditions of a given period of history create the concurrent cultural conditions, so if anything the SJWs have it backwards

This is amazing

the SJWs aren't cultural marxists, or leftists, or anything like that, they're fucking anarchists or totalitarians depending on their intent to control or to dismantle.

>so if anything the SJWs have it backwards

I don't see how they have it backwards. Many of them say out loud that all categorizations, such as gender and race and class are social constructs and therefore should be destroyed, which is the logical conclusion to believing that capitalism creates a superstructure of ideology.

but Marx wasn't in favor of going from the top down, he thought that the solution was the dismantling of capitalism itself. from Marx's perspective, SJWs are obsessed with the symptoms and not the cause. he wasn't very friendly with people like that in his own day.

Maybe they see it as a way to subvert capitalism from within, analogous to Trotsky's idea of permanent revolution, what do I know?

They are obviously Marxist in some way.

I think they care about both simultaneously. They just believe that gender and racial issues cannot be solved by economic solutions alone.

well...then they're not Marxists. whether they fit into some later related tradition (Trotskyism, the Frankfurt School, whatever) is another question. idk that shit so no comment.

Here's my take on it:
They aren't Marxists, but they are among Marx's many intellectual descendants. Marxists are generally embarrassed by their behavior, and try to distance themselves from the SJWs by denying any relation between these people and Marx. In general they still both agree on the same goals.

useful idiots, shall we say? or perhaps, they're the end result, and the pawns of revolution?

I'm not sure if you could go that far. They merely have a great deal of disagreements, but there is a reason that no matter how much Marxists claim to oppose identity politics, they have done nothing to remove them from the leftist discourse or discredit then on a large scale.

zizek is an actual intellectual, not a pseudo-intellectual
even if he's not the greatest philosopher

do you really think something that put comedians and literal philosophers/scientists side by side?

A lot of those people are just talk-show hosts, comedians, podcasters and media reviewers. Putting them on a pic together with actual political activists and pundits is beyond retarded. This is basically just a collage of 'people I don't like because of their political opinions'.

That's not a question.

>a list of random fucktards who've been on the internet and TV and have nothing in common