What is this pol meme with plastic bottles? Beyond flouride what about this estrogenic leeching or whatever...

What is this pol meme with plastic bottles? Beyond flouride what about this estrogenic leeching or whatever. In theory it would even be in the pipes we use which are plastic. Is there any validity to these statements with storing water in plastic containers that release estrogen into the water??

Other urls found in this thread:

arhp.org/publications-and-resources/contraception-journal/august-2011
livescience.com/10957-pesticide-turns-male-frogs-females.html
theglobeandmail.com/technology/science/pollution-debate-born-of-chemical-valleys-girl-baby-boom/article18253243/
rxlist.com/birth_control_pills/drugs-condition.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's 100% true, that's why you cant get a girlfriend and chads do

Beware of endocrine disruptors.

I really don't give a shit on the specifics because, I follow this, "Does this leached chemical or ingredient improve or maintain my health?" If the answer is, "No," I don't put it in my body. Yes, domestic plumbing has always been a source for leached chemicals. You'd need to dig a well and use a bucket of proper inert material to get water that doesn't have something leached into it. As far as estrogen goes, it doesn't, but there are some chemicals that are similar to estrogen which leach from plastic. That is a scientific fact. How much that is affecting humans is largely unknown. 20 more years of study will turn up more concrete evidence for or against.

The main problem, like with BPA, is that when a chemical is found to be a problem, the manufacturer merely substitutes that chemical with another chemical. That's all well and fine, but the new chemical they have replaced the old chemical with is normally not well studied and may have similar problems. Learn to use Google Scholar to help search for better scientific answers and research.

Remember, "Does this leached chemical or ingredient improve or maintain my health?"

Estrogen does leech in (the synthetic birth control form), but it's not a major contributer apparently.
arhp.org/publications-and-resources/contraception-journal/august-2011

>Pesticide Turns Male Frogs into Females

livescience.com/10957-pesticide-turns-male-frogs-females.html

>livescience.com/10957-pesticide-turns-male-frogs-females.html
yea but those frogs could already do that, this chemical just induces it

>Areas around Sarnia, Ont., that are heavily exposed to air pollution from chemical plants are having an unusual baby boom: unexpectedly high numbers of girls.

theglobeandmail.com/technology/science/pollution-debate-born-of-chemical-valleys-girl-baby-boom/article18253243/

>theglobeandmail.com/technology/science/pollution-debate-born-of-chemical-valleys-girl-baby-boom/article18253243/
until it's researched, it's just correlation. But yea, something is probably up.
>"Our assumption is that there is something causing . . . premature mortality" among males during reproduction, said Jim Brophy, head of Sarnia's Occupational Health Clinics for Ontario Workers.

assumption. At least the company is fully investigating/wants to resolve the matter. But yea that's really interesting. But it's different than the frog thing

I'm specifically saying it doesn't leach estrogen at all. Synthetic estrogen isn't estrogen, hence the adjective, "synthetic."

ALSO FOR FUCK SAKE, IT IS "LEACH" WITH AN "A" NOT "LEECH" WITH TWO "E"s.

L•E•A•C•H

chill, english is my 3rd language.

also what? something synthetic isnt that thing? it's an estrogen analog obviously, or it wouldn't work as a birth control pill.

>Is there any validity to these statements with storing water in plastic containers that release estrogen into the water??

that's why everyone's a homo now.

It still isn't estrogen.

>something synthetic isn't that thing?

Correct, otherwise the word, "synthetic," wouldn't be applied.

in organic synthesis, saying something is synthetic means it is biochemically an analog. It activates the same receptors as estrogen.

they dont release estrogen they release compounds that release estrogen in your body.
and the frogs really are turning gay.

>and the frogs really are turning gay.

lets see a source. it's not turning them gay retard, it's an agonist for sex switching in a hermaphroditic species.

This. frog traps aren't gay

But, it still isn't estrogen. We have adjectives in English for a reason.

actually it is. just because it's a synthetic form (synthesized) doesnt mean it's not estrogen.
rxlist.com/birth_control_pills/drugs-condition.htm

It isn't estrogen. It is SYNTHETIC estrogen.

do you know what the structural differences between a naturally occurring diamond and a synthetic diamond are? literally nothing. Synthetic is referring to it's origin. Not it's structure.

So everything