nypost.com/2017/07/11/scientists-make-teleportation-breakthrough/

Other urls found in this thread:

arxiv.org/abs/1707.00934
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*teleports behidn you*
hehe its science kid

This article is so bad.

This must be you....

First of all, there was no teleportation. The explanation of entanglement, what the experiment actually did and what it means for science are poorly conveyed.

At least post a bait using a primary source.
arxiv.org/abs/1707.00934

>teleporting elementary particles
>teleporting objects

Not the same thing. The wording is very misleading here. They make it sound like this is a process that can scale but that is wrong. The teleportation worked exactly because of the properties of isolated elementary particles. Take away the any of that and it becomes impossible.

Pro tip: humans are not elementary particles.

tldr: they beam the photons and verify that they stay entangled

I will tug my cheese all I want, sir.

>For the first time, scientists have successfully teleported a photon from the ground to a satellite in orbit.

Woah.....

>proving that quantum entanglement

Oh, so its not teleportation at all.

Oh boy, this again...

Nothing to see here guys, it's just more bullshit made up by the chinese.

No it didn't. Anything that happens on the subatomic or cosmic level that's "revolutionary" is made up bullshit. Human perception is all fucked up at these levels.

SAGE THIS SHIT

>New York Post
Come on guys... This paper is a tabloid

>nypost.com

Nice popsci blog screenshot thread, OP..

So that's how chinese people appear all over the world.

Were literally startreck now guys! I mean, quantum teleportation is even better than normal teleportation (it has qyANTUM IN THE NAME AFTER ALL!)

Quantum teleportation is a terribly named process in which two quantum entangled particles synchronize their quantum states.
While it may be useful for encryption, it has nothing to do with what average people understand as teleportation.
>beam
Let me make this perfectly clear: they shine a ray of light at the sattelite. This isn't a Star Trek thing.

Ah, yes I can dismiss things I don't know anything about as false too.

Though the article is absolutely retarded; so are you.

Fox News, this is going to be quality journalism TRUST ME

how much of a fucking brainlet can you be go call your mom so she can hurry back with your tendies and you can get the fuck out of here

I want a gf

I know plenty about the subject. Most people are just morons and liars. Including "experts". At this point, especially "experts". Experts came up with Dark everything, remember, which I always knew was far too stupid to be anything other than a math mistake. You should recall 1984 and O'brien's speech about how sophisticated and intelligent it is that people can fool themselves so thoroughly.