What is the right-wing equivalent of the Jacobin?

What is the right-wing equivalent of the Jacobin?

Other urls found in this thread:

laciviltacattolica.it/
twitter.com/jacobinmag/status/828402068444549121
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I would say New Criterion but that would be an insult to their standards. Probably something like IJ Review

it's breitbart.

Too obvious. Both live in separate realities.

>tfw no jacobin gf to challenge me intellectually
>tfw not having playful sex in our studio loft

A "polite" hard-right print magazine is in some sense not tenable to the degree that a left magazine is. Thus, the real answer to the OP's question is...

the network of alt-right blogs which had their heydey from c. 2008-2012 (having a nightmare Obama world to push against), and for all the criticism and knee-jerk reaction (heh) against them, have nevertheless been /places of real free exchange of ideas/ (comment boxes are common). This network includes things like heartiste, the spearhead (defunct), Mangan's (defunct), mencius moldbug, jack donovan, and so on. This vanguard did play some role in making Trump president.

I'm still impressed that wordpress and blogspot continue to deign to host these sites, although as I've indicated, some shutter after a time (possibly personal decisions on the authors' part).

I had a college roommate, nice enough guy, who went on to become a Jacobin contributor. How we diverge.

>A "polite" hard-right print magazine is in some sense not tenable to the degree that a left magazine is.

Why?

>I had a college roommate, nice enough guy, who went on to become a Jacobin contributor. How we diverge.
Isn't it strange? Bhaskar Sunkara lives down the street from me and seems to be quite a nice guy.

Not him, but probably because it would violate commonly accepted rules on "hate speech."

Too far outside the opinion corridor.

I don't think that's true. More like there aren't enough right-wing intellectuals to make up a valuable market.

breitbart requires too little of it's readers. It has the intellectual merit of someone shitposting on /pol/ in all caps

I would agree with this, although imo the last psychiatrist was the only blog in the cohort worth reading. everything else was too memey.

eitherway, the zeitgeist has changed
>2008-2012 (having a nightmare Obama world to push against), and for all the criticism and knee-jerk reaction (heh) against them
the real reactionaries are trying to salvage the established world order from both the right and the left.
think reporters like joe klein or publications like the economist.
populism is mindless progressivist trash masquerading as conservativism

laciviltacattolica.it/

>joel (((klein)))

And? Real reactionaries want to save the established world order. The established world order is inherently jewish in nature and origin and was created about 150 years ago. I don't see what you're trying to say /pol/.

oh fuck I haven't gotten my copy yet that cover makes me HYPED

They have such beautiful design and as of their Fall 2016 edition, have totally hit their stride as a magazine when they finally found their audience. I can only see them becoming more successful.

This is an interesting way of putting things.

I guess you could say that all the pundits, and all the lobbyists, and all the technocrats are the "new reactionaries." All the ones who have a vested interest in keeping things how they have been for 100 years or more. They're like the courtiers of the kings as the age of monarchs was ending.

Exactly. Trump is a neo-reactionary. He wants America to return to a perceived time of greatness, the "golden age" of America after WWII which was just a bubble created by the destruction of the Germans and their threat on World Trade.

Pro-Trump and Anti-Trump idiots are just as bad, low information morons who don't actually know what is really going on.

Have you bothered to ask yourself why the same people that supported Bernie in the primaries ended out voting for Trump

Because they got jew'd?

The Spectator.

t. Brit

What about The Economist?

Are you kidding? The Economist has went full-blown globalist.

Pro-refugees/immigration, anti-Trump/Brexit, etc.

Trump isn't a neo-reactionary, at best he's a con-man, at worst he's an idiot. He doesn't have any overarching ideology, the "great" america that he promised never existed outside of the spectacle.

Trump embodies a contradiction. He's trying to bring America back to it's golden age by dismantling the institutions and bureaucracy that made it great.

He's a revolutionary, elected on the promise to drain the washington swamp, not uphold it.

Globalism is reaction

They got memed
So did you

>And? Real reactionaries want to save the established world order.

No, that's a conservative.

A reactionary wants to go back to a previous world order, or at least attempt to replicate it.

National Review

Trump got elected. The old neo-liberal order is dying

As much as I hate to say it there's a certain truth to the "liberal tears" thing. They're grieving because it's dead.

>tfw Burke was right

>bureaucracy made America great

I can't even express how much of an idiot you are.

>Globalism is reaction
What? Why?

I don't understand what's going on in the cover.

>A reactionary wants to go back to a previous world order
Which is incoherent according to their own standards

Can some one explain to me what this cover is even supposed to depict. Or is it just things the artist doesn't like the picture?

>A "polite" hard-right print magazine is in some sense not tenable to the degree that a left magazine is

Jacobin isnt polite. Also, New Criterion and American Conservative.

National Review has one solid article for every 7 pieces of unsubstantiated hackery.

source: my grandfather gave me a subscription for 5 years.

>Dante's Memeferno

>The Spectator.
this

Jacobin is the Breitbart of the left.
twitter.com/jacobinmag/status/828402068444549121

Kevin B MacDonald is a master on the JQ.