I will meme this Nazi into Veeky Forums's culture

I will meme this Nazi into Veeky Forums's culture

Recently read Hunger, starting on Victoria. Where to next?

Growth of the soil

Please dont. Hes too good to become a meme

Mysteries and Pan. is his mature work and is best read in the context of his youth novels, the most notable of which are Hunger, Mysteries, Pan and Victoria.

Personally I think Mysteries is his best.

He's already part of it. I think everyone on Veeky Forums can agree that his work is masterful.
He also mailed his Nobel prize to Goebbels and was said to be one of the only people with the ability to keep up in arguments with Hitler, and that he actually pissed Hitler off numerous times when arguing.

Growth of the soil and Hunger are easily two of the best books I've ever read

>He also mailed his Nobel prize to Goebbels and was said to be one of the only people with the ability to keep up in arguments with Hitler, and that he actually pissed Hitler off numerous times when arguing.

Why bring this up?

Because It's a nice anecdote. Why not?

Nice in what way?

Read On Overgrown Paths for his own take on the nazis and all that. Great read in itself, where he describes the fall from nationally renowned author to being viewed as a silly, senile old man. My favorite after the August-triology.

Nice as in France, keep up.

Jesus Christ, just shut the fuck up.

>Semantics are unimportant

Nice, in that it puts him in a time and a place, while also directly connecting him to one of the most historically important and influential people to have ever lived.

i still fail to see why you used the word "Nice" in that context.

How was it not a nice anecdote?

Nice: Pleasant; agreeable; satisfactory.

the story was pleasant to someone without that knowledge, and his sharing it was agreeable, and i find that pleasantness in itself, satisfactory.

ITT: (((Someone))) getting triggered from the mere mention of Hitler.

It was a fact, with a subjective adjective added. Ask the poster.

How did you come to the word "pleasant"?

Shut the fuck up you pedantic fucking loser.
How was it not satisfactory? It satisfied me.

It was objectively a nice and well choosen anecdote since it put Knut into a historical context, like said.
I don't understand why you are so triggered. You know, you don't have to agree with Knut or Adolf ideologically to think of it as a nice anecdote.

pleasant: Giving a sense of happy satisfaction or enjoyment.

It gave me a sense of happy satisfaction to know something that I did not. To quench the thirst for knowledge is one of the sweetest things I know, user. Now, to quench my thirst for knowledge in regards to why you're being such a faggot right now, please, give me a nice anecdote.

Prove to me the anecdote was objectively "nice".

The burden of proof is on you, making the claim.

Yeah. His first meeting with Hitler didn't exactly play out like Hitler wanted it. Hitler considered it bestowing a boon by giving a meeting to some of his favorite artists, Hamsun showed up with a list of demands for Norway.

But anyway, if you like Hunger, I'd very much recommend Mysteries. Pan as well - it has some of the best prose about nature I've read outside of Turgenev's short stories.

i'm satirizing your pedantry, user. if you had a sense of humor, you may have responded in a different way.

If you had a better way of satirising I might have comprehended it.

But Veeky Forums already sucks Hamsun's dick.

Pan

prove that you didn't comprehend.

If autism hurt you'd be on a morphine IV.

Am I the only one that considers Hunger one of his worst novels?

I mean I can totally see how influential it was to modernists, but late Hamsun>>>early Hamsun

This thread is pure autism.

Which later works apart from Growth of the Soil do you find better and why?

I'm firmly of the opposite opinion, though I'll agree that Hunger isn't his best by a long shot. Mysteries and Pan, both from the early 1890's, I consider some of his finest work. The prose of both is phenomenal, and I think it's much richer and evocative than in Growth of the Soil. GotS holds a dear place in my heart because it is such a simple and powerful allegory, but I still think the early work is better. Maybe it's because I'm young and the restlessness, frenetic energy and anomie resonates more with me. Who knows.

He went from /r9k/ to /pol/ as he matured.

On a second thought, you might be right. I thought that Pan and Victoria were from his late period. I have not read Mysteries yet, but it's definetly on my list

S-Sam?

You made it so.

He doesn't need memeing.
He is already a well established author on Veeky Forums.
Lurk moar.

Has anyone read On Overgrown Paths? Is it worth reading?

Not really

Only hunger

>People in this thread have only read Hunger, Pan, Mysteries, Victoria and Growth of the Soil

pls Veeky Forums, i had faith in you

>Personally I think Mysteries is his best.

It sure is.