Rebar in volcanic rock?

The picture doesn't adequately depict the actual object I have in my possession however I will try to describe it as best as I can. The rock is dark in color some areas are near black with obsidian this would indicate it's of a volcanic nature.
I live close to a dormant volcano there's a small trail that has several pieces of volcanic rock most of which contain petrified wood copper light and imprints of trees and leaves. But today I found something interesting it appears to be a piece of rebar or similar metal object the rock appears very old but the rebar is recent and is surrounded entirely by the rock it doesn't appear to have been hammered or drilled and as the picture shows there is also some melted metal of some sort. How could this happen?.

That is a piece of concrete my friend. Globs like that are poured into holes to give posts and street signs foundational support. you can sometimes find them in empty lots where a building deconstruction has been done.

Not to sure about that.
as I stated the pictures don't do the object much good. There is no Street or nearby city or town if it was in a Development Area I would suspect it would be concrete however considering this is in the mountains with no homes around this raises my suspicions I have other specimens of a similar nature.

not him, that's a hunk of concrete.

These

t. Geologist

It doesn't match any cement/ concrete that I've seen it appears to be a solid piece of igneous. Concrete is heavy this piece is relatively light. I know for certain this is not a piece of concrete.

Do you have a hammer and chisel to chip a piece off?

I would also say it looks like some sort of concrete. I know its probably not what you want to hear but it does seem like anything other then that.

You're right in that it's hard for me to hear this. As I said there are no homes in the area and the area found it is pretty solitary. When chipping at what am I looking for?

>It doesn't match any cement/ concrete that I've seen
>I know for certain this is not a piece of concrete.
and your expertise with geology is? you're basing your assertion on past limited experience and only on visual evidence.
> it appears to be a solid piece of igneous
also based on what?

One. There are no homes in the area. I found the rock in a solitary area in the mountains.
Two. There are other volcanic specimens in the area as well. Which would lead me to believe I found something that would be volcanic.
I would post better pictures but Veeky Forums's 5mb limit prevents me

It would just give us some better understanding at what we are looking at if you could chip a piece off and post a picture so we could see what the inside texture looks like.

Now forwarding my field in expertise isn't geology but I did work in a crystal and mineral store for about 5 years and i've worked with lichens for even more so I think I have an okay understanding of how different minerals look like.

The rebar rusted and leaked out into the surrounding concrete which is what caused the discoloration. Also, I don't understand how you thought posting this pic was going to help you. The first one was questionable, but this one is without doubt concrete.

Chipping a piece as we speak I appreciate your help regardless of the answer

Of course also try your best to take a focused picture of the specimen.

But no offense to you or anything but back when I worked at the shop we would always get people coming in with iron slag insisting it was a meteorite but 99% of the time it wasn't. Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct answer. Although I couldn't tell you how a piece of concrete got to an area as remote as you're describing you'd be surprised how much junk there is out in the middle of nowhere.

>Although I couldn't tell you how a piece of concrete got to an area as remote as you're describing you'd be surprised how much junk there is out in the middle of nowhere.

Plenty of infrastructure, old buildings and shit like that is scattered in the middle of nowhere

I work in construction specifically I work with cement and concrete I've seen what it's supposed to look like.
I have a chisel and a masonry hammer the piece will not break or fracture. occasionally Sparks will fly from it accompanied by small Flecks of dirt. I took the hammer directly to it and a small piece did break off. There are holes of various sizes some of which go quite deep with small shards of metal. If I could post detailed pictures I would but as I said there is a 4mb limit.

so resize the picture.

Resized

Doctor who theme plays Woooooweeeeeeewooooooeuuuuuu wewoooooo............

>There are no homes in the area.

Not anymore. Proof is that piece of concrete.

Interesting find. Where did you find it again?

>volcanic rock
>is actually slag

sorry friend no ancient alien evidence today.

Its the remains of an ancient civilization

Its a glitch in the simulation

Its overlooked debris left over from the previous simulation.

Its from a parallel universe where there was a terrorist phase bomb attack scattering debris across the multiverse

Is a piece of concrete that feel off a truck hauling a demolished structure out of the woods

Fell off an airborne vehicle

Part of a secret nearby underground bunker

A troll thread

From space

Coincidental arrangement of atoms emanating from shortly after the big bang

Joke by aliens

Scat from a giant volcanic rock creature that cant digest rebar

etc...

>a troll thread from space
giggled

false because rebar was invented by the cis white male patriarchy to oppress whhhhamen

i don't know if we count enough as scientists to chime in, but that's definitely concrete
and this claim that there are no homes in the area is clearly contradicted by the evidence you just showed us in these pictures

t. archaeologist