Computers are proof we live in a simulation

Hello Veeky Forums,

Reality is composed of three separate things: what exists, what we make of it, and what the resultant effect is.

If we were to live in a simulation, it must be that the image, representation or depiction of something is an acceptable substitute for that actual thing itself (for example, if no one loved you not even your own parents but you could make up a world where one could make it look as though people did, then pretend it were real).

With this in mind, what would a computer game inside a simulation be? Given the precept that "looks real means really real", in the simulation the computer would look like the simulation due to how it works, but then the simulation world would become reality. The mathematical analogy is thus: when you rotate a vector by 90 degrees it goes out of phase with reality, when you rotate it by 90 degrees again it is now pointing backwards. Thus there is no such thing as "simulation within simulation within simulation ...", due to the fact that a simulation can't really become reality, one can only take it as such. You couldn't literally jump into the computer to start another simulation within that, could you?

We are already familiar with the concept of living one's life vicariously through computers, this is perhaps due to the fact that the notion of living in a simulation translates into the context of the simulation itself - people who in real life would live in a simulation when things aren't going well would even in the simulation find some way to live vicariously.

I can confirm all this, I don't have much time but this is proof of it all, if you see him do not trust the man in the yellow box, this is also the last known image of him. I'm not sure he's even real in the sense we understand it

>Computers are proof we live in a simulation
Just because we can make attempts to simulate reality doesn't mean reality is a simulation.

You're so fucking retarded it really bothers me thinking there is a chance you're not trolling and actually being serious. Go read a fucking book.

>Just because we can make attempts to simulate reality doesn't mean reality is a simulation.

This is a straw man, if you actually able to read, you would see that my argument is that the fact that the way people treat computers is analogous to the real world and the simulated reality.

Also, let's take this person's comment as a matter of scientific interest. If we were living in a simulation, wouldn't there be people in that simulation trying to convince us otherwise?

I SAID GO READ A FUCKING BOOK, EDUCATE YOURSELF

Hello Agent Smith!

Depends, how are you computing, how do you manipulate said matter?

Etc, etc.

>I'm a brainlet and I can't make use of complex cognitive skills

>Reality is composed of three separate things: what exists, what we make of it, and what the resultant effect is.
[citation needed]

Well, I believe that the simulation framework works by substituting feelings (hardware) with logic (software), and vice versa.

You can't control the way people feel but you can dictate what they think, so if you were to pretend one is the other, you could make it appear as though you were a god.

>>I'm a brainlet and I can't make use of complex cognitive skills
This person is trying to say not that I'm stupid but because he thinks he's god and can tell me this that it would somehow prevent me from revealing more information.

Also note the double meaning of the world "complex". Complex numbers have to do with the way people think, scalars have more to do with the way they feel, thus people try to get them intermingled in ways that aren't appropriate ("the area of a triangle of sides 1 1 100 is i-something").

NEO
D:
THERE'S BAD MEME CODE IN THE PIZZA!

You are schizophrenic. You're clanging.

Once you get down to the sub atomic level...
You start to realize...
That if it is a simulation, it is a bloody fucking complicated one.

>thinks reality is a simulation
>capable fo rational thinking

Choose one and only one.

The truth is that I'm sort of guessing but the fact that the reaction from the "agents" is so strong probably means I'm not far off the mark.

>That if it is a simulation, it is a bloody fucking complicated one.
Well, you don't have to simulate what people aren't look at (just like in video games). Also do sub-atomic particle even really exist?

They are used in treating cancer.
So...
Yes.

This person is right in a way... If one were to believe that the simulation they lived in was real they would have to believe that reality is a simulation, fairy tale, novel, opera, play, or whatever.

Also this person is asserting that the simulation is reality, thus engaging in circular logic.

Within the context of simulated laws of reality?

I stand corrected, there is no curing the world of your cancer. This must be a simulation.

Are you referring to god as a cancer because it prevents you from always having your way?

Are you seriously referring to yourself as god?

Are people who do so always schizophrenic?

OP here.

Obviously nothing I say will convince you what I said is true. Let's take this thread itself as a sort of experiment in reality. If what I said was just nonsense would there have been such violent reactions? Plenty of absurd ideas (the world is flat for example) have been treated as though they were real before they were disproven. Why the violence and name calling in this thread?

Anyways, just take it as you will and carry on.

>if no one loved you not even your own parents but you could make up a world where one could make it look as though people did, then pretend it were real

I think OP struck a nerve here. These people are all but admitting it's true:

That is exactly what a cancerous schizophrenic would say.

Heheheheh.
You have no idea what you are getting yourself into.

A schizophrenic would not ask if what he were doing was wrong, so no. Also note my use of the the pronoun "it".

My question to the people in this thread who don't believe me: Is my explanation not satisfactory or is the notion of the world being a simulation something they would not under any circumstance accept?

It is acceptable to a degree. As with most things.
To escape one reality is to accept another.
Even nihilism will yield a sea of dark. However when heaven is just beyond your reach, why settle for that?

>Computers are proof we live in a simulation
Is equivalent to saying:
>If we didn't live in a simulation, there would be no computers.
Which is obviously false.

Nice try, but I know for a fact I'm the only real person on this universe.
Everyone and everything else pops into existence when I look and disappear when I look away.

My senses dictate what is real at a given place and recurring at one point in the timeline.

welcome to Veeky Forums.org/pseudo-sci

asprin is proof we're all in a medically induced coma

jesus christ you're all geniuses

Why would there be "agents" set out to convince us that we were living in a simulation? If we are living in a simulation, then we live and die in the simulation. So what if someone says that we don't; they can't possibly repress us because what would there be to repress us any more from?
I think you just have an unpopular opinion and you want to point fingers at the overly-aggressive people of Veeky Forums as being an example of oppression.
I'm personally open with the idea, but I'd be a fool to think that there are "agents" whose goal is to keep us constrained to the "universe" we could not possibly "escape" from

Because there is a primal fear within us of the unknown, so it's easier for some people to deny hard truths and be confrontational about it, rather than discuss it or maybe even accept it.

And what makes """""you"""" so important?

Nice try, "real" person.

If someone were to shoot you how would you deny that?

Perhaps it is possible that they are not doing so consciously. One would have to make an emotional investment in the simulation being true, thus the natural hostility towards the possibility otherwise.

No one will ever shoot me.