Alright lads

Alright lads,

What's the best way to make oatmeal taste good without dumping a ton of sugar on it? Asking for Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjB5aLj9szUAhUGuxQKHbkFAvYQjxwIAw&url=http://www.motherthyme.com/2014/01/cinnamon-roll-oatmeal.html&psig=AFQjCNGn6A9MEOmFVWAySF5JQxxqg457mg&ust=1498065435307686
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Blueberries, banana, walnuts

This is a covert Veeky Forumsgot thread.

FUCK OFF

>covert
he literally said "Asking for Veeky Forums"

cinnamon, bananas, and scarfing it down as fast as possible so you don't realize how terrible it is

- use whole milk
- add fruits, especially bananas and berries
- cinnamon
- splenda if necessary

peanut butter

with coffee and honey. try it

>fructose isn't sugar according to Veeky Forums

Plays Southparks Dum-dum tales theme song.

Add some cinnamon, cardemon and nutmeg. If you like it more sweet without adding sugar you could go for star anise and vanilla.

wish I saved the thread of making oatmeal with eggs and bacon.
any recipes to eat different styled outmeals? I'm too used to the sweet honey with milk one and fruits for breakfast but never even imagined you can it with meat and eggs or mushrooms.

Porridge also good for savory meals?

Try making it savory, or even spicy. Hot sauce has basically no calories.

requires the addition of milk

When I make oats I add vanilla whey protein, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and ground flax. The brand of whey I use is pretty sweet (it has some added sugar though) but overall you get a good flavor for relatively little sugar.

S A L T
A
L
T

Who are you quoting?

read the thread.

If you are implying the sugar in fruit is nutritionally comparable to refined sugar you're an idiot. Inb4 "hurr durr they are both fructose." Of course they are, but with fruit you are getting a shitload of other nutrients, including fiber which slows the absorption of the fruit sugars in the first place.

OP specifically asks for no sugar.

>Fructose isn't sugah!!! says the retards of Veeky Forums

Try this recipe lad, it's absolutely scrumptious

google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjB5aLj9szUAhUGuxQKHbkFAvYQjxwIAw&url=http://www.motherthyme.com/2014/01/cinnamon-roll-oatmeal.html&psig=AFQjCNGn6A9MEOmFVWAySF5JQxxqg457mg&ust=1498065435307686

Cook it in applesauce

One cup of rolled oats, two cups of water. Add to a small pot and mix. Cut a banana and an apple into small chunks and add to the mixture along with half a teaspoon of nutmeg, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a bit of salt. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat, cover with tinfoil and let it sit overnight. In the morning, remove the tinfoil, stir the now thickened mixture, and reheat it. Add a pat of butter to the mixture, and stir it. Make sure you stir well through this process so the oats at the bottom don't burn. Once the mixture stopps bubbling steam, remove it from the heat, add a crumble of walnuts and dried cranberries/cherries to your liking, and add about half a cup of milk. Return to the heat briefly until it begins to bubble, then transfer directly into a bowl, and add milk while stirring until it reaches the consistency you'd like.

That's how I make it, but there are different ways. The only step that REALLY matters universally is the overnight soaking. Rolled oats must be soaked for over four hours to gain a nice consistency. Steel cut oats should be soaked longer or pressure cooked.

Purposefully misinterpreting the intent of a post and pretending like everyone else is a retard for it sure is asinine.

There is a massive difference between the sugars that you add into your food VS the sugars you get from eating with fruits & vegetables. Are you retarded?

HURR DURRR Fructose isn't sugar.
Read a book.

walmart aspartame and walmart cinnamon.

Cook with chicken stock
Mix in an egg for creaminess
Top with a bit of parm.

No, it doesn't.

Soak instant oats in cold milk until softened. Add some kind of flake cereal (Wheaties, corn flakes, bran flakes, etc.) and nuts, walnuts or sliced almonds are good. Top up with more cold milk.

If you want to cook it, use lots of milk or cream and salt. If you aren't adding salt it's going to be really bland.

I like oats but just what makes them so special compared to other non-processed grains? I mean wholegrain bread is more bang for the buck with more protein and fiber per unit weight

You add ground coffee to oats? How much of it?

>implying the sugar in fruit is nutritionally comparable to refined sugar you're an idiot. Inb4 "hurr durr they are both fructose." Of course they are

Refined cane sugar is sucrose.

milk instead of water.

dont buy the plain flavored stuff. dinosaur eggs are the best.

if you are Veeky Forums and not /fat/ a little bit of sugar wont kill you

Fuckin dinosaur eggs, do they still make those? I haven't had them since I was a child

You just toss it casually into other food. It doesn't really have an own taste so you can easily do that.
Use it as coating for chicken, throw in small doses into your coffee. Also, if you boil these fuckers with milk you can get porrige.

stevia and cinnamon

Add a scoop of chocolate whey protein and a handful of frozen berries with a cup of water and microwave. First class.

Chicken stock

Fuck sweet oatmeal, savory is better

Mix in an overripe banana
Vanilla extract and 0 calorie sweetener
Cocoa powder and sweetener
Make it with tea
Make it with stock and top with an egg
Bake it with an egg white and pumpkin or banana

No there isn't. Nearly all of them have glucose, fructose, and sucrose. It's definitively the opposite of a massive difference. Why is it always the idiots who claim others are dumb in their ignorance?

>Veeky Forums doesn't eat fruits
I knew you guys were obsessed about SICK GAINS BRAH but this is just ridiculous.

You can try some PB2 (powdered Peanut Butter)

This sounds good, I'm going to try something like this

Veeky Forums is full of fruits, what are you talking about?

Veeky Forums is one of the dumbest boards on here. it used to be my home board...

>Veeky Forums is full of fruits

> Splenda
Nice bait

Switch to steel cut oats instead of rolled.

Why

butter and curry powder
trust me

Cinnamon, mix in a mashed banana and add craisins and/or raisins

God damn I love oats. Fellow Veeky Forumsizen here. Take some oats, heat them up, mix in two tablespoons of PB2, throw on some blueberries, and top with Walden Farms syrup. Shit's so cash.

Nigga there's 11 tablespoons of sugar in that bitch

DONT add as much sugar as they say then, it is an American recipe after all

Yeah this. I started frequenting Veeky Forums just for the fun threads about health. With fun I mean retards stubbornly believing in the most absurd bullshit.

Oatmeal? Are you CRAZY?

A tab of butter, pinch of salt, enough cinnamon, and a wee bit of maple syrup.

no there's not, and it's still sugar -- specifically asked to minimize by the OP. do you have reading trouble?

Get steel cut rather than rolled, and toast them before cooking them in 3 parts water and 1 part milk.

>toast before cooking
great i was looking for a way to wait even longer to eat my steely oats

not him, but it's probably not the grounds, actually the brewed coffee. I've done something similar with unsweetened granola and heavy cream

Steel cut oats have a nice nutty flavor. I also enjoy the different texture, but that seems to be a slightly more divisive matter. They're good with a bit of honey. I prefer the texture and flavors of steel cut cooked in soymillk (plain or vanilla are both good options). Regular milk is okay, especially if you have to choose between it and water, but tends to taste a bit scalded due to how long you need to cook the oats.

Speaking of which, they do take longer to cook compared to rolled oats (30 minutes), so they might not be practical if you're in a hurry every morning, but it's worth it when you do have the time. There's also quick-cook steel cut oats, which are regular steel oats chopped up smaller to cook faster, but those don't taste as good.

I like creating a breakfast bowl where I put sausage at the bottom, then add the steel cut oats, then add fried eggs on top. You stick your spoon in it and break the yolks and it mixes down into the oats and then you get that nice, rich sausage taste. You can chop up your sausage beforehand or do it as you go. Good stuff, very filling.

How else are you supposed to get your beetus jumpstarted?

>3 parts water and 1 part milk.
I might have to try that next time. That would fix my problem of them tasting scalded when I try to cook them in milk alone.

consider that an addendum to the giant block of shit I just posted.

Squish a banana with a fork then add it into the oatmeal along with two tablespoons of peanut butter.

Why do people keep saying this? What hot sauce did you use, was it with anything like meat?

>slows the absorbtion,
It really fucking doesn't. what it does do is load you up with phytonutrients so that the oxidation effect of sugar doesn't tear your body slowly to shreds

>It really fucking doesn't.
Then why is the GI of fruits low? Antioxidants are great but you're all over the place with your logic, it doesn't make sense.

Overnight the shut out of them with
Pumpkin puree
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Dash of salt
Milk
Optional while eating to sprinkle some toasted oats on top

newfag detected

fuck off and lurk more

Why do so many people dislike oats anyway?
This thread made me go grab a handful of rolled oats to chew on. They're good with cold milk too.

How a fellow Veeky Forumsizen makes his oats:

Oats 50g
Whole Milk 200ml
Peanut Butter 50g
Whey Protein (Chocolate Flavour) 30g
Strawberries 200g

Mix oats and milk
Nuke in microwave on low (700w) for 3 minutes
Add peanut butter and whey and mix well
Serve strawberries in separate bowl, washed.

800 calories, 40 / 30 / 30 macro split, ez pz

They do

Semen. Perfect condiment for a Veeky Forumsizen, and fun to make! One load will give your oatmeal a nice, salty flavor.

>putting sugar in oatmeal
Lmaoing at your level of man childness.

Make overnight oats using plain yogurt and fresh or frozen berries. Easy and healthy.

I love oatmeal, but I like grits better. But, I'll happily eat either for breakfast. When I eat oats, I either make overnight oats or cooked oats with banana and berries, and when I make grits (only stone-ground), I add salt and butter.

Lactose is a sugar too you fuckhead.

Maybe OP should be more specific next time he makes a shit thread.

Kill yourself, retard

Never said it wasn't you illiterate shit for brains.

A bit of salt
Maybe some raisins
I like peanut butter and banana sometimes
Cinnamon is also a great addition
Any fruit works really.

Adding a piece of fruit, an apple or half a banana, should be sufficient to skew the taste of oats in the sweeter direction provided you keep your oats portion under control.

For the gains? Suck it up and eat it bland. Just have some fruit on the side. Preferably some berries high in fiber and antioxidants. Don't listen to these faggots. Eat some fucking fruit and you'll be fine

If you want the same type of thing as oatmeal but not sweet do grits instead, for gains you can add just about anything, butter, cheese, eggs.

powdered milk?

Leave it to soak beofre cooking, really brigns out the oaty creamyness.

I ended up making it today. It was okay, but my stock was too strong. I think it would have been really good with a weaker stock, and maybe 2 eggs instead of 1.

tablespoon of raw honey. that's for half a cup of oats though.