A believing heart is your mathematics

Little Witch Academia is about how to become a mathematician. See the picture for the explanation.

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/academia
youtube.com/watch?v=F7eTnwfd38w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

sounds more like it's about how to grow as a person
it also sounds like you have autism
also you're a pedophile

>sounds more like it's about how to grow as a person

Perhaps, but you need to look deeper. What you read in my picture are the seven words of Arcturus. They are basically the secrets of the universe that the old witches discovered help foster the growth of magic in humans but have now been forgotten by modern witches, and must be rediscovered.

Obviously they are about bettering yourself but then you need to look deeper into the settiing of Little Witch Academia.

THE WORD ACADEMIA IS IN THE TITLE

This is specifically about academics. This can also be seen from how the the final antagonist is a researcher whose research went out of control.

So that links Little Witch Academia with academia, but to link it to mathematics you have to think deeper. It is mentioned many times in the show that in the past, witches were the ones who did everything in a nation. But nowadays modern science has fixed the problems of everyone, and nobody needs witches anymore, which is why the magic world is crumbling. This is clearly mathematics. Mathematicians used to be the only academics. There would be philosophers and physicists, but they would all be mathematicians by trade. Like Newton, his position was professor of mathematics. He was known as a mathematician because at the time, mathematicians were the ones who studied motion.

However as science has advanced and the various scientific disciplines have separated fro mathematics, no one needs mathematicians anymore.

Bump

Literal physical autism

You do not have a believing heart.

>muh Harry Potter ripoff with lolis

It is not a Harry Potter ripoff, if anything it is better than Harry Potter.

The problem with Harry Potter (and before I get to this, I hope we are all on the same page on the fact that HP is probably a masterpiece) is that it uses magic just as its setting. There is no practical artistic reason for why it has to be a magic school. The fact that it is a magic school is not really used for artistic leverage. HP could have worked just as well with a science academy because its message did not really apply the fact that they were in a magic school.

On the other hand, Little Witch Academia utilizes the fact that it is a magic school on a very deep level. There is already a cultural image of magic that "magic is ancient", "magic is cool" and "the magic world is a world hidden from normal people" so the writers of Little Witch Academia asked themselves how to create a potent message using these already existing tropes (see that those 3 tropes are present in HP). The answer? By conveying a message about elitism.

The story starts because a prestigious witch school that in the past used to only accepted people from magic lineages is underfunded, so they started finally accepting normal people. Akko is a normal japanese girl, so she enrolls but from the beginning of the story the other witches mock her for not being of magic lineage. And this is only the beginning, at almost every episode she is mocked for being lesser and inferior in terms of magic.

On the other hand, witches do not have any reason to be such assholes. Magic in their world is disappearing. This is because magic in Little Witch Academia is like electricity. The school has a big magic battery (that can run out) and year after year magic has gotten weaker and nobody knows how to produce new magic anymore. So day by day, witches are becoming weaker. They only stay strong in their elitism.

cont...

But by the end of the show, in the middle of a beautiful action sequence, Akko discovers the true source of magic: A believing heart.

Unlike HP, how muhc magic you have does not come from your inner self. It comes from the world, from the universe. If you do not have a believing heart (if you do not believe in yourself) then you will not have magic. Not only that but if you alienate yourself from other people and rely only on your believing heart, it will not be enough. You will not have enough magic to change the world.

The source of truly great magic is the believing hearts of everyone. Only by involving everyone can you achieve top magic. Everyone needs to believe in you so that you can achieve truly great things.

So what is the moral of the story? Well, going back to how Akko was bullied and rejected by the magic community, you need to think about that. Every time she was mocked was a time she could have said "You know what, I don't like these assholes. I am going home, fuck magic" and if that had happened then the magic world would have never restored. No one would have rediscovered the source of magic and eventually all magic would have faded.

It is not only your believing heart, but the act of believing in the hearts of other without judgement and without elitism that allows for truly great magic. Just like the second opening says: I'll never stop believing in this world, or in my own dreams.

That is how you achieve true magic. By never stopping to believe in your dreams but that is only part of it. To truly complete something you must also never stop having faith in the potential of this world being good and allowing you to grow your dreams.

That is the true meaning of magic.

>academia is the name of the fucking grove of trees outside of Athens where Plato used to chill

Ocham's razor my dude

What's the likelihood this is uplifting shit for kids

vs

seeecret instructions on how to get into harvard

>What's the likelihood this is uplifting shit for kids
Please my dude, uplifting shit for ADULTS.
ADULTS.

The fuck you talking about?
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/academia

Merria-webster is shit

>Etymology
>Latin acadēmīa, from Ancient Greek Ἀkαδημία (Akadēmía), a grove of trees and gymnasium outside of Athens where Plato taught; from the name of the supposed former owner of that estate, the Attic hero Akademos. See also academy, academe, Akademeia. Modern sense of "the world of universities and scholarship" recorded from 1956.

I bet you are real proud you know that obscure definition.

You feel like a big man huh? You are a big man. Good boy. Good boy. You big big man.

Bump

Bump

wait...
hol up
*smacks lips*
so you be sayin...
dat if erryone believe in me...
*takes puff of crack*
i can like...
*steals car*
prove da Riemann Hypothesis an shiet?

My good friend, that is true. But you are applying Phasansheer Shearylla without applying Phaidoari Afairynghor!

If everyone believes you, and you believe in yourself, then you can prove the Riemann Hypothesis! But unless you put in the work to learn complex analysis and do research then people will never believe you. So remember:

Noctu Orfei...
Aude...

FRAETOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bump

>I hope we are all on the same page on the fact that HP is probably a masterpiece
kek. I dont even have a pic to show the combination of emotions of feeling right now. So just imagine me laughing my ass of while crying at the thought that someone thinks this badly ripped off children book story is a 'masterpiece', combined with a bit of smugness that ill never be this autistic.

If you like it or not, HP is basically a classic at this point. It has been so influential in literature. It not only started a genre, it also started a general movement.

If you want to know a bit about that here is a video of how HP has even affected japanese media:
youtube.com/watch?v=F7eTnwfd38w

But going past that, I also pointed out one of the fundamental flaws of Harry Potter and how Little Witch Academia fixes it, making it the better artistic piece. And given that little witch has also been very influential (though in a lower scale) it can be called a masterpiece except.

*oh my that thumbnail

> I also pointed out one of the fundamental flaws of Harry Potter and how Little Witch Academia fixes it,
right, about the elites. juts like how the pure bloods were against the mud blood in HP,

seriously, just replace 'A believing heart' with 'love' and you exactly described HP.

anyway, so HP is a masterpiece, and this anime, [ANIME], is better? right.

Are you one of those guys who can only use HP and SW references to describe current politics?

>juts like how the pure bloods were against the mud blood in HP

True, but not really. This dynamic is not played out in HP like it is done in Little Witch Academia.

The most you can say about it is that Hermione turned out to be a great magician who had a great hand in saving the world, therefore you should not dismiss her for simply being a mudblood. But that is not the same with Akko and Little Witch Academia. First things first, the first time Hermione gets mocked she is already a magic prodigy. There was no lesson learned. She immediately shut them up.

In Little Witch Academia, at the beginning Akko is actually a complete fucking incompetent mess of a witch. But the point of the show is that that doesn't matter. Even if Akko is a piece of shit, it is not her skill that defines her. It is the actions she decides to take and her believing heart.

Plus, this aspect is better weaved in Little Witch Academia by making Akko the one who not only defeats the final "villain" (even though Little witch actually has no villains) but she also discovers the source of all magic. In this aspect she becomes not only a prodigy, but the supreme magician in the sense that she is able to understand the meaning of magic better than anyone else.

>Are you one of those guys who can only use HP and SW references to describe current politics?

Not really. I personally have not engaged with Harry Potter after the final book came out and the topic just came up because the other guy said little witch was a ripoff of it. And for Star Wars, I liked the movies as a kid but as an adult I realize that Star Wars actually has no artistic merit at all. It is just a mindless action story meant to sell toys. Not really my cup of tea as I consider myself to have a very high and refined taste in art. I do not consume meaningless action flicks.

>it is not her skill that defines her. It is the actions she decides to take and her believing heart.
just like how harry got into griffondom and not slytherin, which then becomes a central part of the story that he CHOSE to not be slythirin

It is also different with Harry. Actually, very few people doubted him. Heck, Harry was actually scouted for Hogwarts and then the madman became a Quidditch prodigy almost immediately making him a super star.

Akko never became a super star like this. And in the middle of the show she actually does something so amazing that it deserves everyones approval, but because of everyone's preconceived notions about her, the only ones who recognized her were her friends.

>Akko never became a super star like this
How about when she rode that crazy ass broom?

You mean in the race? I don't remember her even winning that race so I don't see how she became famous from that.

Bump

Bump