Best electives

To the people here who studied/study physics and math in university - what were your favorite electives? And why?

>elementary number theory
i didnt get it at all during class, never revised, etc. It gets to exam time, start looking through notes... *click* - pants are off, hand unzipping dick, the works
then...
>algebraic number theory
what the fuck do ideals have to do with anything lmoa?? minkowski what? ---exam time--- w-wait i get it, but how does that solve the problem? *breathes in* *thinks* *releases at least two fluids* yahooooo!

Women studies

Scientific method
It was just a discussion class where we talked about how science intersected with regular life stuff. I was in a group with exchange students so it was just a lot of laughs.

fuck you fuck that class

Why so mean? ;'(

normie shit

I loved that class as well.

Lack of social skills is an indication of low IQ.

So you'd rather get elective suggestions that are neither enjoyable nor social?

>introduction to computer programming
I can't say much about the course itself, chiefly because the book just clicked with me, and I did every exercise in it. I aced the course, needless to say, but that really wasn't enough. Before the course was over, I came and went from /g/ and already picked up JavaScript with HTML/CSS along with Python, and I was trudging my way through Project Euler. I wound up making a couple of original games on the LibGDX library in the following semester, and

>>>>>Java
Those games were the last things I really made in Java, but I still screw around with programming sometimes, mostly in JS.

In a word, I just like programming. I would've never picked it up if I hadn't taken that course. I also think that anyone with a good grasp of algebra and functions can be good at programming. It's no coincidence that such a common mathematical notation as "y = cos(x)" is implemented in so many different programming languages. If you're in math, physics, engineering, or any other math-heavy profession, I suggest trying it to see if it clicks with you.

Ones that aren't wastes of time

If I want to waste time pretending to talk about science I would come to sci

Man, is that level of sexual involvement what it takes for people to win fields medals?

>implying "real" course aren't a bigger waste of time
These blow off courses are like 4 hours a week for easy credits. No effort wasted on "skills" you'll either never use or would have learned in your first month on the job. The whole point of university is to learn how to accomplish tasks while dealing with social bullshit. What you learn is inconsequential.

source?

Not the guy, but we're talking about a scenario where people can do something you can't, and you expect that that somehow makes you smarter than them?

Intro to Continuum Mechanics and Intro to Particle Physics.

Both gave some good "insight" on how a lot of the "complicated" things worked (fluid flow, particle interactions, etc)

I don't give a fuck about my any job. If it's an elective I'm in the class because I want to learn about that subject.

If you wanted to learn without caring about credits and qualifications, a course is always a waste of time ;) just pick up some old exams and the course book and study at your own pace.

I've been doing that since the 9th grade

I can play guitar, einstein couldn't. guess I have higher IQ. I expect that social skills have little to no correlation with IQ.

Economics

Not trollin

This would only work if everyone on the planet for all of its history was capable of playing the guitar, and he was a major outlier. If, for example, you couldn't manage to get a driver's license while most of the civilized world has one, you'd have good reason to think you were a little slower upstairs than you could be.

Solid State Physics was cool.
Mathematical Logic was neat.