Author uses exclamation points

>author uses exclamation points

>author uses a different type of quotation bracket for each and every different language
Yes that's me pls no bully

So just about every author before 1900

'Fuck you,' she shouted.

'Fuck you!'

OP, if you think the first is better you're retarded.

I prefer:
She told me to fuck off in a way that could only be described as middle-fingeringly.

That. Is just. The worst.

user, I... I don't want to discourage you, but I kind of feel like killing myself after reading this? Like, I was having a good day, and now... now I want to die.

>being this pleb

In the same manner one presents to another the center-most of one's dexterous appendages she delivered a dismissive fuck, myself being bestowed its designation.

DFW was a warning, not a role model

It's tape.

i kek'd

if you made this as an ironic piece in some scene involving student writers or something it'd be funny

>pop culture references
Kill me.

IT'S TAPE

I hope you are aware that this is tape.

>indirect speech
disgusting

I love how you can tell when a post is written by a woman

>telling not showing
You're never going to make it

>not using exclamation points in every sentence

>Call me Ishmael! Some years ago - never mind how long precisely - having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world! It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation! Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off - then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can! This is my substitute for pistol and ball! With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the ship! There is nothing surprising in this! If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean with me!

Almost works. Gives it a kind of shouting sailor-authenticity.

Not sure if you posted Elane just for the pic
or because of the scene where she fights with ther boyfriend
over his use of exlamation points on a note.

Woe betide, putzy, woe be, tide, friend, nay, good friend!

>author uses his own "clever" adverbs

Read some Simenon, guys. Not the Maigret novels, just any other one. Simenon knows how to use exclamation points. It's pretty awesome. Exclamation points, not even in dialogues - only used by the narrator. And the narrator is not even a character, and he's not even describing action or drama. Just some monotonous situation. And every night he would... and his aunt would say... and they never talked about it clearly, yet he could remember... And that was all !
Seriously. Not even kidding. Read Simenon and shit bricks.

same. gave me a boner.

Because of the episode.

John green pls go

Yes! We need to take even more punctuations away from authors! Less options! More autism!

Browsing /jp/ has taught me that exclamation marks make text much cuter.

!_!

OP Read Céline's Mort à Crédit one of these days

Look, I don't mind a single exclamation point here and there.

But !! and ?! and !!! or however many more exclamation points you want to add are all literary offenses.

He's obviously joking you fucking retard

>implying

They were clearly joking about not getting it, you fucking retard.

literally nothing wrong with ?!

he was clearly joking about them not understanding that the other user was clearly joking, you fucking retard

it's a joke, calm down

Don't tell me what direction to calm in ever again.

you're not me, REEE