Do you like him?

Do you like him?

yes

Obviously

Why

One of my favorites. Great political acumen with exhilarating prose. Campaign Trail '72 is an essential read for anyone interested in modern American politics.

Yes. I don't like to think about his later life, though.

Just got The Great Shark Hunt. I hope I'm in for something good.

Hunter is my role model and my goal in life is to do more drugs than him

Reddit loves him so hes shit

Too much drugs, too memey.

great way to form your own opinion of things

>implying Hunter's goals had anything to do with taking a certain amount of drugs

yes, he was the real deal

Is he a dumbass or what? Shrapnel would literally hit him if he shot that printer as close as he is.

>implying he doesn't know exactly what he's doing

Based on this thread, I'm glad to see Veeky Forums is starting to like Thompson again

He's shit. I don't understand the fascination.
People just love to watch people do things they dream of doing. It's something of a modern phenomenon, as I'm sure you are aware. Anything to stop them from actually having to do something for themselves or face the wind in any way whatsoever.

The people who like Hunter Thompson are the same people who obsess over toothpaste caps, and keeping track of pocket change in a spreadsheet.

no you're the dumbass

>People just love to watch people do things they dream of doing
>It's something of a modern phenomenon

god dammit do I hate millennial narcissism.

Okay, faggot. Why don't you shoot a printer that's five feet in front of you with a shotgun? I'll visit you in the emergency room. I don't even know why I'm so rustled; liberal faggots like you don't know shit about guns.

>Millennial
I don't think so.

Better than being a right-wing retard. Obviously he's doing a (photo)shoot for some magazine and he isn't actually going to shoot his fucking typewriter you fag

Exactly my point, faggot. Liberal faggots like you think that photo is "cool," when in reality it just makes him look like an idiot.

Enjoy reading DUDE DRUGS LMAO, you fucking faggot.

He's a one trick pony.

Found the anons who never got past Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

if you're on this website you're a millennial, even if you're 80

The people who have actually read him here have always appreciated his work. Unfortunately, Thompson is one of those authors who attract detractors who have never engaged with his work but dislike what they feel he represents ('dude drugs lmao').

Nice literal autism there bro

apparently conservative faggots like you don't know what fucking symbolism is ya dingus

Hell's Angels is still one of my favorite books

Awful. He's one of the key figures in the downfall of Journalism.

Great writer. Definitely a genius. Wrote a few good books. Ultimately limited.

That's an amazing painting. Do you know the artist?

It's Phil Hale - Life Wants to Live
New favorite artist, jesus christ.

no

Shotgun lover here. He's pretty safe actually. The guy taking the picture on the other hand...