How did Stephen King ever recover from being B T F O by a true, artistically recognized auteur?

How did Stephen King ever recover from being B T F O by a true, artistically recognized auteur?

Has there ever been a bigger FUCK YOU in the history of literature? (Let's suspend our disbelief and pretend that "Stephen King" and "literature" are two words that may ever properly belong together).

Not even the best King adpatation desu

Not the best King adaptation but the best adaptation of a King novel.

So not accurate enough to plot in novel compared to other films but the best film of all the King novel adaptions?

No there hasn't

There were intentional differences in the opening shots that could have easily been done according to the book but Kubrick was basically saying "this is my story now"

Kind of chilling

redpill me on this

The Shining (Kubrick) is significantly more nuanced and layered than anything King has ever achieved in his career.

King became so salty that he produced a mediocre miniseries that stayed true to the original novel, evidently further corroborating his status as a hack.

Apparently, when Dick sees a red car crashed in the snow, that's supposed to be a fuck you to King because in the book the Torrence's car is red instead of yellow in the movie.

Is there anyone here that believes the whole "Kubrick directed the moon landing" deal?

>unwatchable

film had some interesting things, but i prefer the novel

Ask /x/

>because in the book the Torrence's car is red instead of yellow in the movie.
It's a reference to King's own near death car crash

He didn't recover; he is a hack that is always turned to auto.

the book and the flick are both trash

>flick
Holy shit, you are pretentious.

Sounds like you need to watch more films, kid.

>films

I do

has anyone been more btfo than kubrick by mr. cronenberg - an authentic auteur with truly original ideas?

The movie isn't scary at all, so it fails as horror.

>he doesn't watch exlusively kino

the cape and the sword ruin it.

>all these king haters probably love kingdom because vontrier
kek

>The movie isn't scary at all
Maybe if you're used to advertisements all the time

Shining is like a billboard of emotions, e.g. the impossible window

nope

cronenberg is a true patrician. his novel is pretty decent too. VIDEODROME

The music is the seriously scary part. Watching the movie with a good sound system on relatively high volume really makes it.

agreed

goat horror movie is the og texas chainsaw massacre

OG Texas Chainsaw Massacre is the scariest movie I've ever seen, mostly because of how shitty the production is.

The oversaturated warm colors, the droning industrial noises in the background and the muted audio like you're listening to it underwater, the way everyone acts.

If you had the flu on a muggy day in august and you went to bed around 5 with the windows open letting orange light in and an old metal desk fan blowing hot air around the room, Texas Chainsaw Massacre is the exact nightmare you'd have.

i dunno it was pretty boring. scariest movie ever is the shining. scariest film ever is signs.

>scariest film ever is signs.
Definitely agreed. Beautiful work of art all around to boot.

It's scary because nothing happens in the first 30 minutes, then, shit gets real.

Yes. The movie deviated a lot from the book but that was a good thing because the book was terrible.

kill yourself, the novel was terrible