Why are there so many pseudo-intellectuals on Veeky Forums ?

Why are there so many pseudo-intellectuals on Veeky Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p-HGq4QCHd0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I miss her so much.

Who is she ?

Because professional intellectuals just want to watch Netflix and play vidya after a day of mental work.

>intellectuals read a lot of books
>if i pretend to have read a lot of books people will think i'm an intellectual
>need to know something about books to not get btfo'd by any smart 16 year old
>browse Veeky Forums and memorize as many memes and edgy contrarian opinions as i can
>...
>fuk beeches

Some ladyboy that used to post on /r9k/.
youtube.com/watch?v=p-HGq4QCHd0

>pseudo-intellectuals

literally a dismissive meme created by academia for everyone who doesn't share their ivory tower progressive safe space

there's no longer a deep & edgy figure to set an example and straighten people out

t. angry college drop out

not angry at all friend, non-stem academia is half scam half indoctrination camp these days.

the whole system will implode.

To think of novels as anything more than devices for entertainment is ridiculous, OP.

Veeky Forums doesn't have pseudointelectuals. That's a reddit thing. Pseuds on Veeky Forums behave in such a different manner that it would be more accurate to call them pseudo-patricians or pseudo-elites.
This tbqhwyfamalamamamamamamam

Its an inevitable consequence of an anonymous board, and of chan culture.

You get most replies by being both arrogant and wrong.

You can be a pseud in academia as well as an intellectual outside of it. These terms are independent.

I've often seen Veeky Forums shit on people that read sci fi or fantasy for entertainment.

>pseud: the post

>Veeky Forums - literature
why do you think?

Wrong.

this boards lit senpai

you can't be an intellectual in the non-STEM fields in the west anymore, you'll get fired for caring about the truth

I never proclaimed to be of anything above average intelligence. I just like reading books m8.

Except for all of those cases of novels inspiring great thinkers. Didn't Nietzsche get more than a few ideas from Dostoevsky?

>the West is USA
nice meme burger

>he thinks 'intellectual' describes intelligence level
dumb pseud

The US has more freedom of speech than most of the rest of the West.

stop pseudshaming

>The US has more freedom of speech than most of the rest of the West.
The only thing that really changes is that you can be openly racist in America. The freedom of the press is even more respected in France (with laws protecting confidentiality of sources).