What's the worst book you've ever read?

What's the worst book you've ever read?

metro 2033

Infinite jest

My Diary Desu

On the Road
What a worthless piece of trash novel that was. I should've gone with my intuition when I saw his face on the cover. The guy looks like someone who goes to a bar and when some bitch asks him what he does, he tells her 'oh, i'm an artist'

also, this was recommended to me like five years ago and i still have it somewhere. should i throw it away or are there at least some cheap thrills in there?

The fault in our stars

Throw it away, there's literally nothing redeeming in the whole book

Well in reckon Along came a spider by Robert Patterson

naked lunch and the lost world by chrichton (sp)

James*
Roberts the actor. I'm getting mixed up.

A seperate peace

Picture of Dorian Grey
>But user that's good
I'm good at judging covers.

American Psycho
The superficial descriptions of clothes really drags and then the graphic descriptions of the murders kind of leave you with no real imagination for the book

Pride and Prejudice

An Alien novelization. I think it was called Earth Hive? It was... beyond horrific. It was a 13 yr old's fanfiction, except less palatable. I still have it, because I don't throw books away. Also, I have to have proof that it's actually real, and not a fever induced hallucination.

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Fuggin' high-school English

My grandmother gave me this for Christmas. Low-hanging fruit, maybe, but damn. I've never read anything so genuinely terrible.

wtf user, why did she give you this?

Ready Player One
Looked shitty but all my normie friends said it was really good and that I had to read it. It's one of the most cancerous pieces of shit I've read and the fact that it's considered a best seller made me realize just how garbage our society has become in terms of taste.

The Martian. It's entertaining for engineering students as a 'what if' scenario, but it has some of the worst prose and characterization ever published in a mainstream novel.

You think that's bad, I'm and apparently this septic tank has a 3.89 rating on goodreads. It's like humanity doesn't even deserve to survive. It's literal sewage.

I didn't hate it but I read the first book of the wheel of time and it wasn't really good enough to read for 13 more books so I gave it up

Possibly this. It was required reading for my 9th grade english class. It actually makes Catcher in The Rye seem like an exciting novel

Forgot pic

I had to read gifted hands by Secretary of Urban development

some book about native american snipers during ww1.
But maybe the translation was just terrible.

The House on Mango Street

A collection of short stories by Lovecraft

this, too

The hunger games and its sequels
Kys pleb

We did a module on "Misery Literature" in college - nothing but the life stories of people who got beaten up and raped a whole lot by their families, friends, teachers, ect.

I can't even remember one of the three books I had to slog through.

a dirty job by christopher moore
people who complain about one dimensional characters truly have no idea. utter irredeemable shit.

That's that point user

ur autobiography

60 page book on songwriting. The only good parts sounded like something taken off a pintrest picture to get "inspiration" Basic Bitch stuff

Either the The Perks of being a Wallflower or Inferno a Poet's Novel by Eileen Myles.

The Inferno wasn't bad in the sense that it was poorly written but poorly advertised as a novel when it is truly a very self centered memoir

Not the worst because it's entertainingly bad
>The deepest sounds of the retiring and invisible column had ceased to be borne on the breeze to the listeners, and the latest straggler had already disappeared in pursuit; but there still remained the signs of another departure, before a log cabin of unusual size and accommodations, in front of which those sentinels paced their rounds, who were known to guard the person of the English general.

But last book I quit was Mezzanine.

Ulysses, Gravity's Rainbow, and Infinite Jest.

Blood memeridian

As a kid i loved Cirque Du Freak, so naturally i started Shans next series. Even when I was 14, all I could think is "wow this book is awful"

Mother Night by Vonnegut.

lol nice
it was kinda funny when that retard broke its leg

worst book i read this year for sure

these books were wild man

They were weird and grotesque, sure. But even calling the characters one dimensional would be doing then too much justice

fucking this
i read it in jail and it was the fucking worst

2666, or maybe it was just a shit translation.

Tell me the translation and I'll compare real quick a couple lines.

Still Life With Woodpecker by Tom Robbins

For some reason my English teacher in high school had us read at least one TR book. It was so bad that I almost couldn't finish it.

There's probably worse ones, but the first one that comes to mind is The Crystal Star by Vonda McIntyre.

Awful fucking book.

"Torture the Artist" by Joey Goebel. Horrible prose, black and white flat stereotype bullshit characters that did not go beyond "sensitive artist type" or "promiscuous white trash whore". I died a little

your diary desu

Cat's cradle and The man in the high castle

what the fuck is this

Read it, it's better than that user gives it credit for. It's like a pulp equivalent of Strugatsky Brothers' work.

"you like book reading, don't you?"

Agreed, the humour was especially irritating for me.

embarassing

>the New Testament is arguably one of the greatest feats of literature ever made, with the Gospel of Marc being the pinnacle of Western Civilization and thought
>it inspires total shit like pic related

How is that even possible?

Luncheon at the Cafe Ridiculous by Alice Kahn
I wanted to diversify my reading material, it was just name dropping and felt like a chore

This piece of shit. The author doesn't understand a single line of Heidegger. I ended up drilling a hole in the book to turn it into a lamp.

I read the first 6 in the series. And it is actually one long book.

I only read books that are good and my intuition in that regard is flawless
though since i was forced to read shit back in the uni i had to read hunger games making it the worst

it was so bad that i stopped reading after a quarter and just listened to the audiobooks

It's not a good point. It's a pointless dumb shallow book that stretches on about 350 pgs longer than it justifiably should or needs to. Reads like it was written by a 16-year old.

Books interpreting current news stories through vague references to prophecy are a huge money-making racket. See also: "The Harbinger", "Four Blood Moons", etc. The Wal-Mart crowd eat it up, same as Amish romance novels and the musings of Uncle Si from Duck Dynasty.

Shantaram, holy shit that was a bad idea

Atlas Shrugged

Moby Dick

My Struggle

This followed immediately by Interview with a Vampire

Wicked

the stranger is overrated

Ebb Tide.

Meditations was crazy boring

As someone who is reading Lovecraft at the moment, what in particular did you not like?

Generation Identity. A sixteen year old read the Euro New Right / GRECE / etc. canon and turned it into a rambling, autistic twitter screed.

quads confirm Naked Lunch is total garbage

Atlas Shrugged

Seconded

a separate peace

Either The Stranger or Metamorphoses. Veeky Forums tricked me.

This.

1000+ page sexual fantasy novel for the author's self-insert with a distorted view of reality and a warped perception of mankind. Not to forget the cartoony mustache twirling villains and the completely meandering story made to fill pages as some sort of self-fulfilling testament of Ayn Rand's ability and superiority as an author because more = better apparently

Veeky Forums trolled me good.

The Road

Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson

milo book

I have to read The House of Mirth right now for school. It's pretty bad. Maybe about one or two relevant paragraphs per chapter and the rest is basically filler that I literally can't stop myself from just glossing over and not even registering it. I go over some pages like 5 times looking for something that happens in the giant block of text about what this woman thinks of this other woman but it just isn't there.

This book could probably be edited down to 1/4th of its actual size and have the same amount of actual relevant content

user with Twins for Christmas here. She knows I like to read, so she's always trying to give me these awful romances. (The male lead is called Noah Knight. Even the names are fucking cringeworthy).

You should both have your Veeky Forums passes revoked

On the heights on of despair by EM Cioran. Shit tier edgy "philosophy" i could have written at 15

the invisible man

The shack

either the crying of lot 49 or some shitty warhammer book

Hobbes' Leviathan. Even for his time he was pretentious beyond belief.

>TCOL49
you have shit taste my friend

But user that's good

Cry the Beloved Country

I
DON'T
GIVE
A
SHIT
ABOUT
YOUR
YAMS

>the crying of lot 49
worst one i've read so far this year, but i may be stupid though

How to Read a Book

did you read any Pynchon before hand? i want to know why you guys don't like it

Frankenstein.

Why the fuck anyone thought the pseudilicious ramblings of a teenage girl would be worth reading I don't know.

Eragon was better.

Fahrenheit 451