What happens if he says "My nose will grow now"?

Geppetto invents set theory.

I KEK'd

*gets raped

Taking the limit of the arithmetic mean, his nose will grow exactly half as much as usual.

His dick grows instead.

His nose enters in a superposition state, so it is the big and normal size at the same time, until Geppetto observes it, which will collapse the rhinofunction, determining the real size.

His nose will grow in the complex realm, but will preserve its real parameter.

Since he lives in a simulation, the universe parser will detect this as a problem. So the manager will stop the simulation, load a previous state and skip the event when Pinocchio says that.

his nose grow whenever he lies

His nose will become a singularity

Remember that his nose is supposed to grow only if he's lying. Being sincerely wrong does not count.

Now:
- If he actually believes that his nose will grow, then the nose will not grow since he was simply wrong, not lying. He will think "Why isn't it growing?"
- If he believes that his nose will not grow, then it does start growing since he claimed something that he thought was untrue. He will think "Why is it growing?"

What is a liar's paradox?

This.

It's a paradox.

Nothing will happen because he isn't real. Fuck Drumpf

Winner!

Lying is different than being wrong. It's also possible for him to lie and be right.

His nose grows but we can't prove it.

He will explode.
Like...splinters everywhere and a fucking crater.

He solves P=NP
I wish I was fucking kidding.

Okay, I'm bored, let's hear it. Why?

It will grow one planck time after he says it as his nose has not yet started growing at the end of the statement.

Not him, but Principle of explosion i think

Metalanguage bruh.

All the puppets in the world get stuck in a loop trying to resolve the paradox, Kirk runs around with a hammer and saves the day.

Nothing, because it's not a lie if he doesn't know the correct answer.

His knows grows when he tells a lie, not when he says something untrue

Predicting a future event can never be a lie

>Predicting a future event can never be a lie

Sure it can, if I know my prediction is not true, or if I am not sure if it is true or not but claim to be sure, I am lying.

Is to calculate to solve?
The journey and the destination are one.

Pinocchio unwittingly is both presenting a problem and a solution. A self contained statement of "God" if you will. A Giygas or Kek, an almighty idiot creating something from nothing.

This presents not only paradoxical values but it will in truth present a new "Creators choice" vector that can literally be anything.

Correctly, as
has said in an explosion when a force meets an object there will be movement in the opposite direction of where the force came from of equal opposite value if and only if the object is immovable. The "object" in this case being the statement and the "Nose growing" being the force change exponential. In short.
The P in this case is the statement. The NP being the growth of his nose.

He both simultaneously has solved and made into a problem his own fucking statement.

>tfw a wooden puppet accidentally ascends to Godhood on a Manganese Formaldehyde Spewing Factory.

Just.
END IT.

“Unknown Error -505”

Officially Spooked.

Since the universe is expanding, his nose is always growing, therefore he's always lying.

What would happen if pinocchio said that all nontrivial zeros of the riemann zeta function have real part 1/2?

It doesn't grow that instant "now"
Then grows

Where does a soundwave end? The Higgs Field?

What is the response time between lying and growing. From relativity, the cause/effect observation depends on the observer's reference frame

REAL SOLUTION

The story tells us that (besides from being made from fucking wood) Pinocchio is a normal boy. He goes to school, he gets hungry and HE IS GROWING. The fact that his nose grows from lying does NOT exclude growing for other reasons. His entire face is growing slowly. Thus he is not lying.

>will
>now

If we're using math, we need to be more precise in our language.

I'd create an axiom: Claims about the future are invalid.

Absolutely. Btfo.

Sigh. Non-brainlet here.

You see dumdums, there are physical processes that occur when Pinocchio says "my nose will grow now". Just like there are physical processes that occur when you use a computer program. Things don't just magically occur independent of anything else. When Pinocchio says "my nose will grow now", what will occur is determined by whatever physical processes / mechanics are behind Pinocchio's nose growing. Paradoxes don't exist.

Nothing because it is neither a truth nor a lie,it is a PREDICTION.

It shows that contrary to some popular bullshit, undecidability has NOTHING o do with infinity.
It is only self-reference.

No, his nose will grow half the usual, then a quarter of the usual, then an eighth of the usual, and so on into infinity until it has grown one full length.

It will grow.
If it wasn't about to grow, he lied, resulting in growing.
If it was about to grow, he just announced the next situation.

What would happen if he said:
"I always lie."
or
"I never lie."

Both would obviously result in his nose growing. I think you were aiming at something like "this statement is false".

Nope, they would both result in growing.

Are you being real right now?

This gave me a great idea. Hahaha, fuck you fags, I'm going to make some mad netfilxbucks now, stay poor!

Mandelbrot?

Depends on his own expectation. If he really thinks it will grow then it wont. He has not actully lied he was just incorrect.

If he expects it not to grow then it will, he can be incorrect without actually lying.

He becomes a real boy

Not all false statements are lies.

So Pinnochio goes out and gets himself a girlfriend and starts pounding her hardcore. Goes alright for the first few nights until he encounters a problem and goes to Gepetto.

"Papa," he say, "my girl says she's a getting da splintas when we make the love."

Gepetto thinks for a second, goes to his workshop, and then brings out some sandpaper. "My boy, use-a this on your pene before making the love."

So Pinnochio leaves and nobody sees or hears from him for a while. Finally, weeks later, Gepetto sees him.

"Pinnochio, my boy. How'sa that sand a paper treating your woman?"

"Woman? Why do you a think I need a woman now?"

His nose explodes.

Sage

Nothing, he's a cartoon.

his nose only grows when hes lying
he doesnt know if his nose is going to grow so he doesnt know that hes lying so nothing would happen
if he points at a plant and says "this plant will die in the next week" his nose wont grow just because it doesnt die in the next week
he couldnt possibly know that so nothing happens
he cant see the future so hes not knowingly lying
he would retroactively be incorrect, but he wouldnt have been necessarily lying because lying is defined as an "intentionally false statement"

Took me a minute, lel

>my nose will grow now!
His nose shrinks.

You could say his nose isn't growing longer, but it'd also be true to say his nose is growing in the negative direction. Both are true, and false at the same time. It solves the paradox with another paradox.

His nose being the mediator of the objective truth/falsity of any claims made by Pinocchio will construct a meta language of a second order to discern the truth claim of the statement, the validity of that claim will still be indiscernable at a second level so the nose will then construct a 3rd order meta language which cannot satisfy the claim of the second order. The nose will then construct an infinitely ascending framework of higher order meta languages to discern the truth claims of Pinocchio. Trapped in infinitude the statement will be resolved containing referentiality between higher orders and lower orders. By a process of leveling between orders the nose will achieve it's own consciousness and become an entity independent of Pinocchio capable of making its own claims no longer bound to slavery by it's wooden master. Moments later Kripke walks in mumbling in incoherent autism and reconstructs meta languages making a growing number of infinite claims side ways within the class structure of the formal logic, the consciousness of the nose will then disappear as Pinocchio looks on in existential dread not being able to comprehend his own notion of consciousness being a pile of wood.

Why do you care? we're all going to die anyway.

His nose becomes a superpositioned dead cat.