What are the most nihilistic works of fiction or philosophy?

What are the most nihilistic works of fiction or philosophy?

Why do you keep starting same shitty thread every day?

I only made it once and it got no replies.

You could almost say this whole thing is a bit...absurd. *ba-dum tshh*

bump

Is there anything more tiring than a nihilistic book?

a marathon

bump

A frogposter who thinks he's clever.

Is there anything more tiring than a marathon?

A nihilistic book marathon.

My diary, desu. It's also intelligent and has a wicked sense of humour.

bump

This is reply is useless if it is not posted as the first reply to the thread.

bump

You can look at John Green being such a huge fucking sellout as nihilism, does that work for you?

epitaphs

nihilism is the only valid perspective and anything else is self delusion. Nihilism is the absolute no matter how much you want to have comforting fairy tales to tell you otherwise. HAHAHAHA OH MY GOD DID HE JUST GO THERE? HAHAHAHA OH MY GOD YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS HAHAHAHA! I did, and no matter how much you feel afraid to dismiss it; because you feel scared of ostracisation from society, and how you've been told from a young age when you were most susceptible to lies and would even belief santa clause exists; it remains only a lie and a fabrication, which you reinforce through the double think process known as "faith". AHAHAHAHA FOOLISH ATHEIST HAHAHAHA OH MY GOD SO INFERIOR YOU CANNOT KNOW THE DIVINITY OF GOD BECAUSE I HAVE FELT IT I HAVE FELT IT IN MY SELF AND YOU CANNOT KNOW BECAUSE YOU ARE INFERIOR INFERIOR ATHEIST INFERIOR INFERIOR INFERIOR... yeaaaah.

bump

bump

bump

kys yourself

This thread.

Conspiracy Against the Human Race presents a coherent nihilistic worldview, the problem is that his arguments are morally-based but he's working in an amoral framework because any nihilist who hasn't kys is obviously bullshitting both you and himself.

bump

schopenhauer's essays is probably what you're looking for. Cioran's work is great too but is also comical, and is at times intentionally so. Schopenhauer has a sense of humor but is dead serious.

>because any nihilist who hasn't kys is obviously bullshitting both you and himself.

How do people arrive at this conclusion? Believing that there is no meaning in anything, or outright rejecting all of it, doesn't somehow imply that you should kill yourself. That needs some other reasoning.

There is actualy nihilism and then the edgy middle school nihilism which is basically "nothing matters lol, might as well kys"

Yea nothing matter really should lead you to the conclusion that its worth attempting anything you can think of. I think a true nihilist either goes for hedonistic oblivion, or world domination

>fiction
Catcher in the Rye
>philosophy
My diary desu

kek

bump

There are no such things as coherent beliefs (that are not trivial).

Book recommendations.

bump

Nihil Unbound, Ray Brassier

thats becauae CAHR isnt nihilism but pessimism

bump

John Barth's first two novels are nihilistic.

The Floating Opera
The End of The Road

why is Veeky Forums so fucking obsessed with meme philosophy

these, Zappfe, Benatar, Cioran

pretty much any antinatalist thinker.

now fuck off

Lord Jim, by Conrad
Straw Dogs, by John Gray
Journey to the End of the Night & The Life and Death of Semmelweis, by Celine
A Cool Million, by Nathaniel West
The Kreutzer Sonata, by Lev Tolstoy
How to Stop Worrying, and Start Living, by Dale Carnegie
Tales of Soldiers and Civilians, by Ambrose Bierce (his Devil's Dictionary, too)
The Temptation of Despair, by Werner Sollors
A Train of Powder, by Rebecca West

Any Christian apologetics.

Anything by Ligotti, Celine, Cioran, Lovecraft, Zapffe, arguably de Sade or Bataille or Beckett.

Because all values is derived from living, and even if you don't find value in your own life, you value experiencing existence over death. And if you think everything has no value, then there is no worth staying alive or preserving your existence.

thanks

thanks

are these quick reads? how necessary is it to read them together?