Was top of the class in high school

>was top of the class in high school
>went to a top 10 university and got a first class honors
>won numerous awards and scholarships regardless of whether it was in academics, sports or music
>studied under a famous professor
>published over 500 papers with 50 patents
>is happily married with 3 children

Practically every bio of my favorite scientist always sounds exactly the same as above regardless of whether they won a Nobel / Faraday prize or not.

Should I just give up trying to get a PhD if I have a 2:1 degree Veeky Forums? (Thats between a 60 - 69% average in burgerland)

Other urls found in this thread:

winwenger.com/ebooks/guaran2.htm
infiniteminds.info/Problem-Solving-and-Creativity/Image-Streaming-and-IQ-Research-Study.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3951958/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3825180/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1572949
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC474733/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3674785/
youtube.com/watch?v=tYzMYcUty6s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Is secretly bisexual and self loathing of himself

Are you happy now, OP?

geniusintelligence.com

The practices in the manual also help one to gain higher happiness and satisfaction regardless of one's external circumstances.

Also you may be lacking thiamine and niacin in your diet if you're feeling depressed. A fruit smoothie with a moderate amount of spinach daily should ameliorate your depressive-status. It works for me, though I do lack the amount of sunshine and outdoor-time necessary to maintain a constant state of elation and contentedness.

Exercise can increase IQ btw, cardiovascular exercise. Cardio also helps to wipe out depression in victims.

Just do what makes you happy, mane. A PhD won't make you necessarily happier, but if you'd like t incorporate the attainment of one into a happiness-inducing lifestyle, then by all means bro

fuck you scammers trying to prey on the weak

It's not a scam, dude, I've tried the exercises and they do what they're supposed to (aside from maybe dual n-back, of which the results thereof're contested in the scientific community, something I've very little practice with, also.

This is a primary exercise in the manual, as well as documented evidence that it works
>winwenger.com/ebooks/guaran2.htm

Image-streaming, that is.

Have fun, anyone reads and/or purchases the program. It's worth the $67, most def

one thing i have noticed about famous people, from musicians to scientists, that no matter how unremarkable they may have been in their early days, their school almost always has a wikipedia page which is not a stub.

yeah fuck off with your self help new age bullshit

My favourite scientists lived a self-destructive and short life.

Supportive evidence is bullshit? Au contraire!

infiniteminds.info/Problem-Solving-and-Creativity/Image-Streaming-and-IQ-Research-Study.html

I can't remember the verbal-criteria for another, more-official-seeming webpage, but this is the information it holds, sans the layout, etc.

I'm telling you, from experience, it works to increase both inventiveness and a general curiosity about the universe and the laws of which it's composed from. Believe me or not, you may not believe me until you actually try it, which you should, it rules.Peace bra

Francis Crick only got a 2:1

John Conway only got a 2:1 on part II of the Tripos and only a Honors (not Distinction) on Part III at Cambridge.

Literally WHO?

Francis Crick codiscovered the structure of DNA
John Horton Conway is an English mathematician active in the theory of finite groups, knot theory, number theory, combinatorial game theory and coding theory who was a professor at Cambridge and Princeton

If you like studying whatever it is you're studying just fucking do it. I use to have the same problem (as I imagine most people do) where I felt most of my role models had the same thing as well:

>top of their class HS
>Princeton Undergrad
>Harvard Grad
>Massive number of publications
>etc.

But I've basically come to realize that worrying about accolades, scores, grades, and other shit just takes away from the pure joy of studying math (or whatever it is in your case). So I'm just content with whatever happens, if I get a Ph.D great if I don't great. I'll just keepy studying pure math for pleasure.

Also, pic related was suicidal at one point and had everything a mathematician could want. The world is fucked up bro.

Kill yourself.

>Exercise can increase IQ btw
citation needed.

Why are fit africans lower iq than fat white neckbeards on average?

Helps against depression.
Depression lowers IQ. You'll see an increase, but nothing significant. Unfortunately, if you've been depressed for more than two years, there's no way to completely reverse the shrinkage of the hippocampus.

Depressed people are absolutely fucked.

>citation needed

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3951958/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3825180/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1572949
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC474733/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3674785/

Your God is the outcomes you seek.

What are you seeking?
Fame/Recognition
Wealth
Easy life/Low stress
Meaning
Truth
Fulfillment
etc.

Know yourself; don't defeat yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=tYzMYcUty6s

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET A PHD YOU FUCKING NORMIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's fucking depressing asshole.

I will probably never understand why people read biographies
It's just a fucking mental map an old man drew up when he figured he was too old for his original work. Why is there such an obsession with successful people? Is it hardcoded into our DNA or something? Read about what Einstein ate for breakfast when he was 8 is fucking moot and adds nothing to what he actually did.

8 years