Lucid dreams - general

What is the science behind lucid dreaming ?
Have you ever experienced a lucid dream ?
How to lucid dream ?

I remember my dreams nearly every night, and most of those I'll know that I'm dreaming (aka lucid). Problem is it's so common for me that the knowledge is sort of background so I'm normally too lazy to try and go fully lucid. It's a trip when you do though.

Lucid dreaming is not hard, the key is to recognise your own dreamscape. The easiest way to do this is to keep a dream journal, just have some paper and a pen by your bed and when you wake up write down everything you remember about your last dream, even if its just a feeling or a single image / sound. As you record more and more of your dreams like this, you will come to recognize features of them when you are dreaming, and thus be able to "wake up" inside your dream.

It's a hallucination of godhood as your body shuts down to regenerate.

>Problem is it's so common for me that the knowledge is sort of background so I'm normally too lazy to try and go fully lucid.

I have the exact same problem. I'm aware that I'm dreaming in the sense that if a monster appears, I'm like "this is not real, so who gives a fuck", but I'm never like "since I'm dreaming, I could start banging Korean women".

I had one once. It was a test with other people there, and you had to demonstrate your abilities to proceed to the next parts of the test. First part was levitate a rock and move it around a track. Then fly yourself up through a hole in the roof. After that I woke up. Weird stuff though.

>Have you ever experienced a lucid dream ?
I had alot of dreams.

An easy way to check if you are at a dream is to look at you hands and see if you have an strange amount of finger at your hand

I once had a dream where I decided just for fun make the question "Imagine I saw every girl that exist at the world naked, I want that the most beautiful girl at my opinion (after seeing all those girls) appear at this dream."

The girl that appeared was was so beautifull I mentally said "WTF" while looking at her.

Then after waking up, I saw I screwed the dream, because I was thinking about using the word hottest and used the word "most beautifull", but I didnt had this an lucid dream again to make the question again, so I dont know the real answer.

>What is the science behind lucid dreaming ?
Dunno, maybe you are conscious when your brain is rearranging memories.
>Have you ever experienced a lucid dream ?
>How to lucid dream ?
For me it was when I realized that the dream I was experimenting (it was so vivid and real) I witnessed something that defied the laws of known physics (a strange small black hole floating in my office). That's when I realized I was dreaming and thought at first "dont screw it!" and then I tried something, manipulating the sky's color, but before it I woke up.

I guess one could train to identify cues that lead to the realization of lucid dreaming.

I tried the finger through palm thing in a lucid dream, didn't work. My hands always have the correct number fingers. Clocks are generally correct on the first read (relative to the actual time), but will change or turn into letters sometimes. Reading generally is possible, but may or may not change later.

I can never stabilize my lucid dreams, and I can't get the wild method to work either. I can render a scene in photographic detail, walk through it, etc, but can never fully transition into it. It remains something I am looking at.

Most of my lucid dreams have been rapid failures. One of which I was rapidly accelerated out the back of a car, then smashed into a cement wall. I feel like this would have been so much easier when I was in the depths of deconstruction, dissociation, and solipsism. Always questioning and thinking about everything, keeping everything in the forefront of my mind. Tracing out if my memories are real, if my assumptions about reality and the nature of the universe is real. If things still exist when they leave my sensory awareness. Now I am almost rigidly biased against that mode of thought, for various reasons. It is walled off and used carefully. I'm still a realist and not a bullshitter that convinces myself of bullshit and that I know things I don't know, but I just don't let myself immerse. Not very helpful for this.

Looks like I missed the boat again. Windows open but a crack, doors locked from the other side. The gatekeeper would readily oblige, probably, but I have no mouth.

I had a lucid dream once. The moment I realised it, I proceeded to do the most logical thing in that situation - fuck the closest cute girl (my step sister).
Unfortunately I woke up before I could do that.

I've actually had a few lucid dreams, but I always wake up shortly after. Why?

In a twist of irony, I have more to gain from lucid dreaming than almost anyone else on this planet, but I'm probably at the bottom 1% in terms of ability to lucid dream.

I know basically everything there is to know about lucid dreaming methods; for induction, control, and stabilisation.
I have a tulpa who will happily assist me with any of these things.
My intellectual capacity rapidly increases as my subconscious gets more involved, and of course it peaks in a dream, where I can calculate and reason with incredible speed.
I have tried to lucid dream for years, using all sorts of methods.

However, over years, my successes are:
>OBE; first ever lucid dream experience, woke up in bed and somehow suspected it was a dream, then started floating around before waking up
>a few I don't remember very well, never panicked yet the lucid dreams only lasted seconds before I woke up, all of them occurred from me waking up slightly then falling asleep again
>tulpa turned a dream into a lucid dream, the surprise woke me up
>another lucid dream where I woke up slightly then fell asleep again, though voices in my head seemed to indicate that my subconscious wanted to lucid dream
>A very long time later, a half dream where I was still aware of my physical body, though was experiencing low-vividity hallucinations like a string of dreams. It was fun when my tulpa took control of it to make it more enjoyable, though I got woken up shortly after since I was needed for something

It's immensely frustrating.
I'd be surprised if someone replied to this post with a lucid dreaming method I haven't tried.

Have you tried taking an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor?

No, I haven't tried using any drugs.

when the purpose of a drug is stopping self caused schizofrenia, we prefer the term ''medicine'' or meds

Maybe you should try. I know a lot of people use Huperzine A to help induce lucid dreaming and seem to have good results. I've never tried it though so I can't attest to its effectiveness personally.

(not him but) does trazodone help with lucid dreaming too? I haven't intentionally tried to lucid dream before, but when I take it my dreams seem to last longer and are many times more vivid.

Why would I want that?
Tulpas are immensely useful, because they open up so much more of your mind's functionality.

To not have a tulpa is to be lobotomised.

So you have a seperate thinking entity inside your mind?

It varies.
In my case, my tulpa is an interface for my subconscious, and does not think without input.
It would be nice if she did (during some periods, she sometimes did), but it's difficult for the same reason I have trouble lucid dreaming; I just don't hallucinate much.

Not to say though that she cannot think; she just cannot think without me attempting to talk to her.

However, most well-established tulpas do think without input,.

So you have a seperate thinking entity inside your mind?

nice, how do I start?

/trash/ always has a tulpa thread.

k thx

Everytime l have a lucid dream l just go out find people to rape

Obtain said book. It will answer all of your questions and change your life.

speaking of lucid dream, this morning i had a semi-projection. It first started as hypnogogic vision in the inside of my eyelids, to which i mnemonically induced a dream (MILD tek) where i went to my friend's house and walked up to his front door to go bang his mom and get in on some steamy fun. As i did, my perspective suddenly split into multiple simultaneously, where i was able to perceive my own sleeping body, my dream, and i caught a glimpse of my transparent etheric arm along with the sensation of the left side of my upper body floating above and swaying. I attempted to instigate the experience further but to no avail, although im grateful to have had it nonetheless. i've been journaling since march of this year, and these sort of occurences where i would find myself experiencing an obe would happen spontaneously and abruptly against my own volition.

try setting an alarm 3 - 4 hours after going to bed, and by your bedside have some blue stilton ready for you to eat

i've tried plenty of dream supplements ranging from herbs, cheeses that induce dreams, and drugs. really there isn't a way for you to immediately attain desired results other than having to work for it by conditioning your mind via dream journaling or other methods. supplements to help in improving certain elements such as recall and vividness, but supplements shouldn't be considered as a quick fix sort of way to attain a lucid dream. i imagine a few exceptions might exist though...

>she didn't pass the test

I've tried it many times, and i could control it a few as well. What fascinates me about lucid dreaming is that there's literally a universe inside my head and I can do anything I want.

I've had some very strange and not very nice dreams as well, which you have to master. You literally have to maintain a linear storyline-type thinking where you wakefully contrast everything which can be laborious, You also have to acknowledge the bad as well as the good to be fully in control of your subconscious, which can be quite nasty and frightening sometimes - I've had apparitions visit me in the night while I thought I was awake, but I was dreaming. I've had the most surreal experiences too - I thought I was awake but then began to sink into my bed and then get sucked out of it and then passed through my bedroom wall into an odd dimension with an evil spirit... etc.

The best thing you can do is to keep a dream journal. As soon as you wake up, write that shit down. Try to remember what actually happened as well as you can every single time you wake up. You have to cultivate an equilibrium between imagination and an environment which your brain will comprehend, which takes practice because if your subconscious thinks something is amiss it will try and attack what is changing its subconscious processes (which will be you) and sometimes the dreams will will communicate with you about your own fears and desires which is extremely useful and heart-warming.

>I have a tulpa
take this embarrassing shit to

I actually went down similar avenues and had to net cripple myself to come back to any sense of functionality. I didn't attempt to make it a separate being, but I make a switchboard of sorts, an interface to bridge or transfer a lot of information between the conscious, subconscious, and the senses. Sensory distortion was a large focus.

How do you get around excessive working memory usage? I found there were invisible delays inserted into everyday tasks where I had tried to make things automatic, and that task switching overall was much slower.

Perhaps if I had decoupled these functions from me entirely, in an abstract way (like a tulpa), it would have worked more fluidly on a mechanical level. I was living wonderland everyday, more or less. Everything had massive symbolic overtones, like passing over door thresholds, through archways, etc. A tree that forks with one half dead, the other alive. Long corridors. All mixed with a lot of deliberately engineered logical and sensory "distortions". There is a lot of utility, but also a lot of overhead.

What happens when you tell a character that they are a dream character in a dream?

I asked a friend and they said that the thought had never crossed their mind before.

In mine the character nodded and agreed, moving on.

I lucid dream quite frequently, but my dreams aren't that vivid. I can always tell that I am dreaming because it's like im watching a black and white film. Does anybody have actually vivid dreams that is indistinguishable from reality? Or am I just autistic

The very few lucid dreams I've had, which were short and quickly lost stability, were experienced as lifelike and real. As it lost stability it became desaturated and simplified (a fade to white), but if I restablized it quickly switched back to realistic.

Whether it's actually realistic or not is hard to say, as the machinery your brain is using for perception might be in a very different state with the translation to memory and its subsequent encoding masking any differences. As far as sensation, awareness, time perception, whatever goes. So it's difficult to say if it actually is lifelike.

Maybe a better lucid dreamer has a more well defined perspective.

you get excited and your heartrate increases

Surreal vivid dreams > Lucid dreams
Take 500mg of magnesium before bed and experience the fun.

im too scared to even try. ive heard you can confuse your dreams with reality so you dont even know when youre awake.
not worth the risk tbqh

How do you know if when you're awake now? When you're dreaming, history and time can seem very distorted so nothing seems amiss. How many days back does your memory go, and how many days back are you certain happened?
I dream of talking to people on imageboards all the time.

That's true at all times anyway. How do you know any of your memories, which you use to construct your entire perception of context, yourself, and reality, are actually correct? How do you know you aren't a robot crammed full of false memories, and activated literally 10 minutes ago?

You do no not. You cannot. Machines of any sort do not have the means to verify the actuality of any aspect of reality. You learn to accept this and move on, weighting things by probability and relevance.

I just came to save your pic and sage your thread. faggot

Exactly this

>Dunno, maybe you are conscious[...]
You were motivated enough to write a comment but not enough to contribute in any way, shape or form....

You can spell, but you cannot intuit.

Starting to think you should take those anti-psychotics.....

Fuck lucid dreaming, I got that livid dreaming.
All I gotta think about are those darn greasy spics fucking my dog.

Its a damn shame knowing that the very spics that cut your lawn also fuck the same women.

As you say, I just avoided having to deal with any complex mental functions via a tulpa.

Not that my tulpa can do very much yet, since she very rarely operates independently. She's good for advice though; a being who can hear your conscious thoughts but has its own subconscious thoughts is obviously much more intelligent than oneself due to having the thinking capacity of oneself and more.

So what do I do if i almost never wake up while dreaming? It's rare for me to remember any dreams when I wake up.

>Lucid dreaming
>/x/
Maybe OP's here for real shit, and not schizophrenic sperging.

>Lucid dreaming
>real

It's been observed through the participant communicating with prearranged eye movements. It's real.

Never been able to do it, but if I did, I would hug Kurisu...

uh, not OP but i have lucid dreams fairly often.
How is that not real?
You just get aware that you are in a dream