Does poor dental hygiene cause health problems like cancer?

Does poor dental hygiene cause health problems like cancer?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_hygiene#Oral_hygiene_and_systemic_diseases
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Everything causes cancer, why the fuck are you even leaving the safety of your room you stupid cunt?

Just go brush your teeth OP.

You must be english OP

no, just a robot NEET that doesn't brush much

actually, I read somewhere that the opposite is true, bad dental hygiene led to better immune system etc

what the fuck

this question came up months ago and someone said that the bacteria inflames your pancreas and causes pancreatitis, which then causes pancreatic cancer. Is this true? I don't know.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_hygiene#Oral_hygiene_and_systemic_diseases

>Several recent clinical studies suggest oral disease and inflammation (oral bacteria & oral infections) may be a risk factor for serious systemic diseases, such as:[57][58]

cardiovascular disease (heart attack and Stroke)
bacterial pneumonia: Oral hygiene care for critically ill patients has been reported to reduce the risk of ventilator associated pneumonia.[59]
low birth weight or extreme high birth weight of one's baby
diabetes complications
osteoporosis

so basically nothing?

>heart disease (leading cause of death in developed countries)
>basically nothing

Brush your fucking teeth, OP. It's not hard.

but most bacteria is on the tongue

>People in the past didn't brush and had low cancer rates
>People today do brush and have high cancer rates

Really makes you think

8 years

only fat people get heart disease

i don't think the internet is the best place for an answer there, try a mouth (with or without cancer) or just cancer, or someone without cancer...take notes

holy shit i laughed.

> In Finland, Keys noticed that the farmers and woodcutters, many of whom were lean and muscular yet suffered from heart disease, buttered their cheese. He launched a long-range research program to study the effects of dietary fat consumption on the incidence of heart disease, and followed with similar programs in Italy, the Netherlands, Greece, and Yugoslavia.

According to my dentist, poor dental hygiene causes all the woes of the world. If you don't brush your teeth, aliens will lay their eggs in them, and when they hatch, they fuck your saliva holes.

They probably didn't live long enough for the cancer to get at them. They just died of dysentery on the Oregon Trail.

I dont think so... Worst case could be septicemia but meh

braces cause cancer but they won't say it. wearing something that constantly rubs your lips and gums similar to chewing tobacco particles is gonna fuck you upcancer wise.

>buttered their cheese
This is something I expect of Americans not Finns.