Friendly reminder IQ does not relate to intelligence and this board is simply autists circlejerking

Friendly reminder IQ does not relate to intelligence and this board is simply autists circlejerking.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kYYJlNbV1OM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sub 60 detected.

>IQ or "Intelligence Quotient."
>Does not relate to intelligence.

I got +130 myself and if you cared to check what IQ actually measures (despite the name) you'll see it's a construct unrelated to intelligence.

Too much of a brainlet to realize that?

Artistic, social, and communicative are examples of kinds of intelligence not observed in a IQ test

>I got +130 myself
>it's a construct unrelated to intelligence.
>Too much of a brainlet to realize that?
Didn't think it would be this easy to unveil the bait. We can move on now.

that's true, IQ only show how good you are at solving math problems(basicly if you are good at math, then IQ tests will be easy for you), but still IQ can show average intelligence, and your possibilities, you can always educate yourself better to get better IQ, wich in return increases your average inteligence. But full inteligence (so cald g tests) exist, but they are used more by neurologists and psychiatrists to evaluate how mentaly ill people brains and inteligence differs from mentaly ''healty'' people. In short, nobody can asses your Intelligence precisely, but with IQ tests we can evaluate your average problem solving skills ,wich is part wath makes somthing inteligent (even tho some scientists and psychiatrists still argue wath intelligence exactly is, and how it differs from species to species, and even from human to human.)

Buy a higher IQ helps you to gain higher education.

It depends on what you mean by "intelligence" here. A lot of Veeky Forums likes to confuse intelligence with knowledge. I've said it before: intelligence is not about how much one knows; intelligence is about how well one is able to learn.

It's the reason IQ tests are structured the way that they are. They give you abstract problems where you won't know the answer directly from previous experience. You have to figure the problems out by using the information in front of you to draw new connections in your mind, which is the essence of learning and critical thought. It says nothing directly of how many books you've read, though building problem-solving skills will increase your affinity for learning and will therefore increase your IQ. A better learner is a more intelligent person, and this is what the IQ test attempts to measure.

That's also to say that a highly-intelligent person isn't necessarily knowledgeable. They may have spent their learning capabilities on impossible-to-prove conspiracy theories, or they may have spent a long time away from new information for a number of reasons like personal attitude or financial insecurity. They might also just be younger than you and therefore not have the experience to know what you know, even though they might have a higher IQ than you.

Now, I've met my share of dumbass Mensans. The ones that are actually really smart are the ones who are enthusiastic about learning, which also involves having to acknowledge your ignorance or your outright wrongness about the next thing you want to learn about. That's the schism between Veeky Forums and intelligence. Here on Veeky Forums and, indeed, among many young people today, there's a pervading fear of being wrong, even though being wrong about something is one of the greatest boons to learning because it tells you what you don't know. If you're wrong about something, that's something new to learn, and the fact that you took a shot at it means it's probably not too far out of your reach.

muh niqqa JP represent.

aww yis.

His 'Personality and it's transformations' lectures are incredible.

He makes things click in your head effortlessly. I suspect he is super high in Verbal intelligence traits but perhaps lacking elsewhere.

i only read all this because i was reading it in jordan's voice

Online IQ tests are unreliable, they don't fucking count & cannot be trusted.

Good post. I've met many people who, although I would consider them intelligent (high iq), come off as dumb in particular fields due to their lack of experience with the subject. I'm sure, given time and access, they'd refine their inaccuracies, but this type of situation illuminates the distinction between intelligence and knowledge quite well.

He was something like 155 IQ when he tested. When you are at obscenely high IQ levels like that it tends to scatter across IQ domains. So he has an extremely high verbal IQ but his quantitative IQ is not as impressive.

>homeless
>above 160 IQ
I don't think you understand how intelligence works my small IQ friend

>t. 90iq brainlet

Who is this person, I've never seen or heard him. Would like to see him speaking

causation =/= correlation, user.
By your graph, we can say that people with higher IQ tend to stay in school longer to get a higher level degree. Whether that's because more schooling leads to a higher IQ or a higher IQ leads to more schooling, we cannot tell.

Plus, there's no mention of the standard deviation or any uncertainty on the graph, so we don't even know whether a difference of ~8 points (no education to masters) is actually statistically significant or not.

>>homeless
>>above 160 IQ
Are you speaking about Grigori Perelman?
He could be a millionaire. But He rejected the Millennium Prize of $1000000.

yep

thats why you are posting about him

not because he solved the problem, but because he had the monstercock to DENY the 1M (it actually went to a charity)

wow i suppose you are right.
this is rather confronting.

it does.

t. Low IQ brainlet

Jordan B. Peterson, a professor of psychology at the University of Toronto. He's a modern epicenter of reason, though his arguments like free speech and taking personal responsibility are often sent through a lot of filters before you hear them. Most of the people who use his ideas as a basis for their talking points aren't even aware of his existence and, as such, don't fully understand his arguments. His YouTube channel is right here:

www.youtube.com/channel/UCL_f53ZEJxp8TtlOkHwMV9Q

His talks mostly have the end goal of promoting personal growth, and that means he sometimes talks politically to get more people out of the mindset of blaming the political climate. In his words,
>We all know, it's hard to get your life together.
>It's really hard to get your family together.
>Why the hell do you think you know how to get the world together?

>MFW you can improve your IQ by studying for an IQ test.

Intelligence is a thing, don't get me wrong. There is a clearly a difference between a diagnosed mentally-retarded person, your typical college-degree holder, and PhDs etc.

IQ is a poor metric of intellect. It's inaccurate, and most importantly, it leads to circle-jerking.

The best measure of intellect, for people in the science and math community at least, is the C.V. No one cares about your IQ, what matters is what you accomplished with it.

Most people on Veeky Forums would probably be considered brainlets if we used this metric, though.

Did you sort yourself out?

youtube.com/watch?v=kYYJlNbV1OM

he kicks up a fuss with the SJWs because he thinks that marxism is university cancer that will destroy the west.

His 'maps of meaning' series is good if you're into mythology (primarily biblical, but some hindu and daoist too). I personally like the personality and its transformations stuff because it helps me understand my anxiety issues.

It's all I really desire at the moment, but I'm taking it a step at a time. Engineering is just so cynical in that it's mostly about making a product that sells. However, I found a consulting agency in a nearby city that services most of its local schools and hospitals, a real civic duty whose goal really is to help people. I want that, and I'll dock my pay if it means having a purpose that matters. That's my next step in self-actualization: a better purpose in life.

I'm just glad that I have no distracting insecurities about social status, women, or facing my imperfections for the sake of self-improvement. Things like that have really gotten in the way of a lot of the people I grew up with, and I'm apprehensive about letting them know that I might be better off than all of them. A well-off guy with the intention to be good has to face a gauntlet when it comes to manipulators.

Sage for blogpost.