Brianlet General: Things in science that just don't make sense only to you

>integration

>be me
>just got my licence (bachelors) in math with an average of 16/20
>literally L I T E R A L L Y don't see why integration works or why it's even relevant
>can see everything else and get great grades without working
>have to study my ass off to get 11/20 at everything calculus

>why I'm paying to study just to work 40 hours per week after I graduate for the next 35 years instead of ending myself right now

>life with purpose

Anything to do with statistics.

Mechanics and physics - no problem, statistics just wipes me out.

PS. does anyone have a link to a decent online IQ test.

I want to get a mensa one for funsies, but I'm scared about getting 90.

>trig identities

I still need to flip to the appendix in the back of the textbook

>mechanics
>electricity and magnetism
>thermodynamics

>IUTT

only barely just about understood how to prove RH, just kill me

because those 40 hours will be in an office or lab instead of doing manual labor with mexicans.

Quotient group

what is photonics even? all the shit I see just says light and whatever but what actually is it?

It's when you stick photons up your ass

Anything related to hard science:
physics, chemistry, biology. I just don't bother anymore, I will never take another science class.

I had a real problem with this, but it's getting better. What I did was every time I need an identity I prove it starting from basics like pythagorean identity, after a while it starts to stick.

I remember when I was in high school and we first learned differentiation. Because we started with polynomials, as differentiation lowered the degree of the polynomial I thought that in differentiation the thing is that it makes the curve "smaller" until you reach the zero polynomial and end up with nothing.

Then we were introduced to the derivative of sine and cosine and I was like what the fuck is this shit how come differentiation does not make sine "smaller", it just comes back around!

>Vectors

What don't you get about vectors?

>Analytical Geometry

whyyy

The algebra part.

Its literally a sum

What you dont get?

>brianlet general
nice touch

my algebra class did rings before groups, and quotients by ideals definitely seem more intuitive than quotient groups, which made me understand the latter better.

Matrix multiplication

>my algebra class did rings before groups
>rings before groups
>uwot

The rest of your post makes sense though, I feel like I still don't really understand quotient groups, I just think of them as a "group" of left cosets but it doesn't actually click for me... I wonder if learning about rings first does help with groups.

Here's something for (You).
Open a book and you'll find everything there.

The notion of a group was already known (in a prereq class), but in the class there wasn't any mention of groups until the second term.

Definitely try reading about rings though. Note that [math]\mathbb{Z}/n\mathbb{Z}[/math] is a quotient group, but it is also a quotient ring too. However, understanding it as cosets [math]n\mathbb{Z}[/math] doesn't seem intuitive at all, while (in due time), you can understand it as [math]a+(n)[/math], with [math](n)[/math] an ideal that kind of represents adding nothing. Obviously i'm not good at explaining so just do it fag

Thats shit, use composition of linear functions instead.

>mitosis vs meiosis

How did I miss that?

I just remember
cos(x) = (e^(ix) + e^(-ix))/2,
sin(x) = (e^(ix) - e^(-ix))/2i,
and figure everything out from there, ezpzlemonsqueezy

>Magnetic and Electric Fields

Holy fuck, they confuse the fuck out of me. I don't get why they're different or how they work. I crammed before the exam on them and got a C+ somehow.

>calculus
how did they even come up with this shit without proving anything

>finding a basis for a vector space
>completing the square

it's over for me

>quadratic inequalities
>exponents
>functions
>logarrithms
>negative numbers

Stupid saying I've heard from others: mitosis in you toe (seas) and meiosis in my ovaries.

Meiosis involves the transfer of half of the genetic information wheras Mitosis involves all of the genetic information.

Inertial frames of reference.

Just remember e^ix = cos(x) + isin(x)

Integration is how much a quantity changes between two points relative to a different quanity

Derivation is the rate it changes relative to the same quality

Think of electircal field like a gravitational field that can go in two different directions. Or like light radiating from a lightbulb. Obviously it's strongest closest to the charge point. If the other object holds the same charge, it repels. If the other object holds and opposite charge it attracts. Positive charges are depicted as pushing away, while negative charges are depicting as pulling in. When you put the opposite charges next to each other, the vectors move in the same direction, causing the charges to attract.

Magnetic field is what you get when you have a moving electrical field. When you have electrons moving towards a load over a conductor, they each have their own electrical field. Because the field is moving, it creates a force pushing outwards orthogonal to the electrical field and the direction of current.

A good mnemonic for magnetic field is just thinking about a Force push from Star Wars. Hold your hand out like you're Obi-wan Kenobi. Your thumb is pointing the in the current direction, your fingers define the plane of the field, and the force push is the cross product producing the actual vector direction.

t. Geophysics dropout