Implying anybody takes you seriously as an aspiring writer if you don't have a Moleskine™ notebook to scribble your...

>implying anybody takes you seriously as an aspiring writer if you don't have a Moleskine™ notebook to scribble your magnum opus

What is so special about this notebook?
I got it from last christmas, looks like any ordinary notebook.

25$ for a notebook

Christ

It's Moleskine™, not any notebook that 3rd rate writers would use.

where? It's like $12 on amazon

Elegance has a cost.

It's $15 in my shitty Eastern Europe country.

>Elegance has a cost.
Moleskine is the Burger King of notebooks

You're the Burger King of humans.

Who else leuchtturm master race?

They are about $30 in Australia. Clairefontaine and Rhodia make better notebooks for less than half the price. Moleskins are really nice, i've been given them as gifts, but I wouldn't spend $30 on one myself.

i'm the Wendy's of humans at worst

Show me the 5 star Michelin restaurants.

I want to get into the habit of using a notebook but I prefer the convenience of using scraps of paper, receipts that I also use as bookmarks.

This thread is a commercial you idiots.

>shilling on a board with 10 users

Thanks for posting in this thread!

If you want to enter for a chance to win a $50 gift card or a brand new set of Moleskine™ notebooks, please respond to this post with a (You).

>tfw too smart to take notes
must suck to have a plebian memory

Let's say I bought one of these, how do I start my career as a writer? What do I write in the notebook? Note that I do not have an active social life but I have a full time job.

I don't understand anyone who isn't loaded but still buys these things. I only use the cheapest graph paper notebooks I can find and I've never gone wrong with those.

This actually bothers me. I swear I write and develop ideas so much in my brain that when I feel like writing something down it feels redundant and a chore. Like Im making a copy of something I already have.

Moleskine™ inspires you as a writer.

>graph paper
go to bed pynchon. your fiction is shit.

You're writing it down so that you can stumble across it 6 months from now. No matter how great your memory is, you can't possibly recall every idea you've had whenever you want.

>implying anyone will ever take my tired ramblings seriously

Literally every study into the subject has shown that writing things down enhances the internalizing process and improves cognition and retention.

This, just the fact that you write down something once drastically improves your memory of it.

The equivalent of a hipster writing on his macbook while sitting in a starbucks. End yourself

Ok but am I the only one who feels like this? I swear I feel like its doing a 4 piece puzzle 100 times.

I'm planning to I'm just a coward for now.

I hope they laugh you out of that starbucks if you decide to do it one day.

>t. No discernible gray matter

I have a moleskine and a leuchtturm and I prefer the leuchtturm but the brand is harder to get in my shitty third world country and is actually more expensive.

Do you actually use these for actual notes for university or just for your pseud ramblings?

>Lined

Spotted the pleb.

Who else moleskine-shoplifter master race?

I use moleskines but the cahiers. They're the wide flat ones. They're like 15 bucks for a three pack.

>Elegance has a cost
Surely you jest, I hope you suffer a cardiac arrest.

wow that rhymes what a coincidence

Me too, just end my misery already fampaitachi.

Yeah I just bought two of these a hard cover and a soft. Love em'

>german
>knows anything about delicacy

just kys neonazi

I already got mine, it's full of incoherent ramblings about literally any subject that I come across, there is no order or any kind of organization in it whatsoever.
I don't think this helps me become a part of the western canon acknowledged by Harold Bloom.

Butthurt jew.

Redpill me on moleskin notebooks and journaling. I take course notes on notebook paper and type up everything else that comes to mind.

Haha you're right, they're such a great product!
I use my Moleskine Tee Emm to write about conspicuous consumerism and how SJW nonsense is just modern capitalism's exculpatory confessional outlet!!

How Will You Use Your Moleskine Tee Emm R C

Has anyone bought the amazon basics black leather notebook? It's $5 less than the moleskine equivalent and looks about the same in pictures

The highest Michelin ranking is three stars.

You have poor reading comprehension

Haha. Let me tell you a little about myself. I am very experienced when it comes to notebooks and paper (henceforth referred to simply as "notebook(s)"). For years now I have purchased notebooks from all over the world of all different types and sizes and brands and models in the pursuit of finding the ultimate notebook. I have dozens of notebooks that I have spent hundreds of dollars on in total (I don't buy expensive notebooks by the way - those are for poseur pseuds, just like Moleskine (how the fuck do you pronounce this anyway)) that are now wasting away in my dresser drawer, do you know why? Because all it took was writing a word or two on them with my pens (which also took considerable and painstaking effort and cost to find the best ones that meet my extreme standards) to quickly realize that they sucked. If you are a notebook-o-phile such as myself and indisputably you all are not, you understand how truly awful of an experience, in all aspects, it is to write on an inferior notebook that uses inferior paper. Line thickness, scratchiness, shade, drying times, translucency, uniformity of color, skipping likelihood, thickness of the paper, smell of the paper, feathering, bleeding, show-through, the list goes on. It is even more difficult to find a pen that has excellent qualities in all these fields with all of the different types of pens one can write with. For example a pen that may be decent on my Japanese 75gsm paper, off-white, may perform very poorly on my French 80gsm white paper. Don't get me started on my Belgian 100% cotton 100gsm paper in natural white. I've experienced these annoyances an incalculable number of times. I have a notebook dedicated specifically to pen and notebook/paper combos so I know which pens and paper go well together and which ones don't, based on my very high standards. So when I tell you that a notebook or a pen is good, or bad? You should take me at my word. Every single notebook mentioned here in this thread is an absolute piece of shit and I'm embarrassed you guys are flaunting your choices as if they're something to be proud of (they're not). But really I guess I shouldn't be surprised, this place is full of image-obsessed pseudointellectual pretentious faggots who are far more concerned about the image of reading and writing, rather than the crux of the matter (the act and experience of reading and writing itself).

>not making the paper yourself like a true notebook connoisseur

even in a bait post the overuse of parentheses triggers me

Law school is destroying my will to write.

My writing is destroying my will to write desu.

that's satire, not bait
pleb

Anyone else yellow legal pad?

Yes Nabokov we are all impressed by your frugal writing system

I write on my phone's memo app. I can sneak a paragraph here and there while I'm at work and it's easy to make edits. I can't even remember what my handwriting looks like.

I find it that writing an idea down too fast often makes me forget it. I don't write down an idea the second I have it. I let it develop in my mind for anything from 20 seconds to a few minutes. This way I don't forget it when I concentrate on formulating my wording. Often the first scribble I make is a simple drawing of the 'shape' I attribute to the idea. But that is just me. And no I don't have bad memory, I have complex ideas.

>And no I don't have bad memory, I have complex ideas.

>using a lined notebook
>not sketching

Is it better to write your stories on paper or type them on Word?

If the notebook you use to write in is more important than the contents.... add you own disparaging remark here, I'm not wasting any more of my time here.

Goodbye.

Computer if you're a faggot or you're concerned about others reading your writings.

Notebook if you're an intelligent badass such as myself.

Legal pads are pretty convenient t.b.h.

What those faces are, top to bottom, left to right.

Whatever (should I care?)
You annoy me (and it pisses me off)
Argumentative (you didn't take into consideration..)
Disappointed (why do you torture me?)

Smugly self-important
I give up. (suicidal. happy now?)
I am the true awesome (and you mean nothing to me)
Mad (this guy just ticked me off for the fun of it.)

Who do you think you are?
You made a good point (I hate agreeing with it/you)
Sad and mad. (I'm smad)
That guy over there. (thinks he is special.)

>that stupid extremely wide margin line running down the one side
>that retarded yellow color
should be called illegal pad honestly

They are pretty bad notebooks for writing with pen. They have quite a lot of bleed through and feathering.

I use Rhodia, Clairefontaine are pretty good too. Both are way cheaper and much better for pen writing.

Delete this we don't need the pseuds here appropriating good things and ruining them

Cftn sucks though

The Force Awakens is shit.

is this pasta?

if you give any fuck about what you write on, i automtically assume that you only write for prestige

Thanks user

>implying prestige isn't the ultimate reason to write
>implying everything I write doesn't become more prestigious when it's on superior paper written on with a superior pen

failed author detected

>prestige
>ultimate reason to write

i can tell you exactly why you will either never be published or if you do, be forgotten two months after your death

better failed than vain

My writings are honestly too prestigious to be published.

Having a nice pen or notebook can help when you feel uninspired or have trouble writing

Moleskine is vasty overpriced but at least they stock a small grid and you can get them pretty much everywhere.

>tip smaller than .5mm
>grid
>writing in cursive
>moleskine
so you're one of those faggots

Never tried a Moleskine but I've been using Leuchtturm notebooks for a good few years now. They're cheaper which is why I buy them over Moleskine.

That looks like a stock photo.

I'd happily write on lose sheets of A4 with a bic but in this manner all my lectures easily fit in one notebook. And I've always written in this manner, blame my primary school.

That's too much praise. It's mine.
Here, left and right shows the difference between Pilot Hi-tec 0,4 & 0,3.

What are those Japanese notebooks that require assembly? There's a ton of YouTube videos on them.

Midori traveler notebooks.
Their brass stationery line is quite well priced but the notebook is essentially an overpriced flap of leather.

And they are a girls accessory item who all scrapbook them in a bundle of collected experiences.

>Computer if you're concerned about others reading your writings.
uh... ?? lmao

>I'd happily write on lose sheets of A4 with a bic but in this manner all my lectures easily fit in one notebook
Wow you just get more and more faggoty the more you share about yourself. What kind of loser would happily write on loose sheets of A4? You don't even mention what brand. So basically, any kind of paper works as long as you can write on it. Wow. And then you go on to mention "a Bic". Once again you don't even mention the specific model or ball tip diameter, so it's safe to assume you don't give a shit about that either and would happily use the standard clicky Bic that they give away for free at the bank. This is incredible, the level of faggotry I am witnessing. You call yourself a writer, you call yourself a literate, you post beautiful pictures of your "setup", and you have absolutely zero taste for quality essentials. I noticed also you not only use a

Hard drives can be encrypted, plus there's the Windows password, plus you can encrypt the file itself.

Literally anyone with physical access to your residence can read your writings.

Kekity kek

I use basic narrow ruled paper and biros. I'm writing not painting, it's not as if you need high quality equipment to get the result you want.

Costs £1 or so a pad, and pens are free from the bank.

>Autism speaks, the post.

>At first glance looks like something interesting
>Then you realise it's just a reflex arc

ghost IN the sHELL dude
the NSA is watching EVERYTHING you type into your terminal

I wish my notes looked this sexy.

Did you take neuroanatomy w me in college?

Moleskine dont take fountian pen ink because they are really cheaply made in china. Look on back of the orange slip, it says "paper made in china" and I have to tell you when china sends us their paper they arent sending their best.

A French made Rhodia notebook or German Leuchtturm notebook is much nicer, and when it comes to fountian pens can handle a nice wet broad.

It is for your diary and common-place book, not for regular note taking

>fountain
You are faggot: personified

Better a fairy than an ogre