So. How lit is your highschool/university?

So. How lit is your highschool/university?

My ex gf read Leonor & Park. Because of it she started to read comicbooks. I loved her. I want her back :(

Idk because ive skipped most if my classes and masturbated alone in my room depressed and trying to numb it out by becoming a marijuana addict.

Same here. Eh.

dont worry you can still graduate maniacal laughter follows

please stop smoking weed, that stuff really does numb everything, including all that is good (just do it occasionally)

also only masturbate once a week. too much jerking off can affect your energy

I looked into book clubs and the like but it's all terrible.

My college doesn't have any clubs within the realm of language arts. I'm looking to start my own shitty book club, but I don't think I can handle all the responsibilities associated with it. There's a lot more paperwork than there needs to be in order to start these fucking things, and to keep it going. Clubs here also need to reach a minimum quota of collective volunteering hours every semester. Fuck that.

That being said, if you were to start your own club, what would you guys name it? What books would you recommend your club to read?

I feel you mate. I go to a tech school and only the lowest trash joins the writers club.

>The western cannon
Also there would be a picture of a pirateship cannon shooting books out of it. We would be called "The salty paperback dogs"
We would read lit most discussed books like the meme trilogy, dosto, kafka, etc...

OP here. Pic is a st valentines day special thingie. Dont know why they filled the bench with YA trash.
(Actually I know why. Arts department, they have too much free time on their hands. Look at the wrapped paper and stuff)

Who is girl

The Developmental Disorder Club

We would read most of the Western Canon, some east Asian key works. and assorted philosophy, and instead of reading them and attempting thought provoking discussion we would sit on our phones reading Wikipedia summaries of philosophy/works, then provoked into sharing something about the work spout out a meme or vague summary.

me

>trying to numb it out by becoming a marijuana addict
my brother died that way

I'd join that shit in a heartbeat. It's a bit of a risk to start something like that, though. Would you even find enough people to start a club? My college needs 20 students, and two professors to sign a form before a club can begin ops. Reading is already a niche category, and having your club read the meme tri would cull the numbers even more. It's a good idea, though.

Most Veeky Forums posters don't know the context of the pics they post. They're there for aesthetics.

We already have a club for the mentally disordered, funnily enough. From what I heard, most clubs go down that way anyway. They're spearheaded by students with faded dreams and aspirations of what they want their club to be like, but with no know-how as to how they'll manage it. Most clubs sink within a month. Most clubs are there for the credentials.

He injected marijuana leaves too?

All I can say is I should have studied humanities instead of the sciences.

Im addicted desu. The libérals lied to me when they said it wasn't addicting. My high is the part of the day i look forward to the most because it actually makes me happy enough to at least get some work done.

yeah, i was in this position for a long time as well and the whole 'weed just makes you happy and barely harms you, nobody died from a weed OD after all!' is obnoxious as hell.
only suggestion i can give you is to taper off for a bit, maybe do it every other day, goodluck

My highschool has a library

highschool was decidedly not Veeky Forums
i am studying literature at university so it's pretty Veeky Forums

I literally can't express how much better my life has been since I attended Oxford. I went to a state school and gradually became the stereotypical moody, withdrawn sensitive type who both despises the quality of his immediate culture and feels a weird pride for having been raised in a sort of anti-intellectual and brutal environment. I was all set to take my Russell Group humanities BA and spend my life working as an anonymous, insecure wageslave forever thankful of being offered a job and forever too insecure to pursue my creative ambitions. The chip on my shoulder had become something of a wedge, and I felt too out of place regardless of my environment, too resentful and bitter to even attempt to make it in the artistic world. Then I finally applied for Oxford and got in to study an English MA, with reassurance that should I work hard enough a career in academia or within one of Oxford's affiliated companies would be almost guaranteed. I turned up as apprehensive as usual, and the first few days were spent regretting my decision and desperately feigning a cultured personality. But then I realized that the people there were just interesting and that the snobbery and exclusivity I had anticipated was just a myth borne out of my working class upbringing. I've since graduated, having spend the year dining in grand halls with groups of interesting people, dating several girls (one of whom, a petite Russian whose family traces back to the aristocracy, is now my fiancee). I work four days a week at a publishing company and earn £38k a year. I regularly meet up with friends from my college and visit Oxford for nights out and for meetings with my professors. The Martin Eden-esque novel I have been writing for two years has been selected for publication at a major British publishing house and, honestly, I could not have imagined a few years ago how great life could be. I come on Veeky Forums and see how pathetic you all are and just shake my head and chuckle. If I saw you guys on the street I would of course throw you a penny or discuss Bukowski or whatever "realist" writers you enjoy, but ultimately I would be able to tell within ten seconds if you're an Oxbridge grad and would dismiss you as a potential source of good company if you are not. I never thought I'd know what it was like to be objectively better than somebody else, for the value of my existence to be superior to the value of a stranger's, but now I do and I've never been happier. People are awed by power and prestige. All I need to do is mention the university I attended (if only for a year) and they immediately begin to hunch and look at their feet because they know they are in the presence of greatness.

>Heima es hogar en islandés
did I see mentionings?

The truth hurts. I also earned an MA from a brand-name university with a similar experience. So many people I grew up with squandered their time smoking weed and making beats/get rich quick schemes etc. All were too stupid too eventually become anything more than a lifelong ditch digger. They still cling to the notion that excelling in school is a waste of time, that they are just as smart as anyone with a degree. The jealousy and bitterness I see thinly veiled behind their half-smiles is palpable.
They try and get on my level, culturally, and fail every time.

UNLV. Not very. I'm strapped to find anyone whose ambitious as me about the western canon, but then again I just tacked on English as a dual major fours year in, to add to my almost-complete Finance degree. So far though, most of the English majors I've met hate their English classes and claim Harry Potter to be among their favorites.

Although I spend ~10 hours on campus and a solid 6+ hours a day in the library, five days a week for the past two years, I've only come across one person reading a noteworthy non-STEM book seemingly on her own time (complete works of PLATO), and she was cute, and I approached her, and yet it was a one-time occurrence and I failed to say anything noteworthy about it. I've seen some guys and gals carry around Vonnegut and Orwell, and I'll ask them what they think and tell them to have fun, but that's it.

Other than that I have a friend who has read Meditations, and most of the professors are amazing.

I knew a guy who carried around a Carl Sagan book for almost an entire year. Before that he did the same with On the Road. He was a born salesman, very charismatic. The conversations he started and bullshitted his way through got him lots of tail and eventually a great job that he wasn't qualified for.

pic reelated

Tu a mi no me engañas, eres español.

Culpable of charge. Does your highschool do this kind of shit? Promote culture and reading by showing YA?

Why didnt you hold to that chick like a lifeboat on the Titanic?

inner city american public high school here. I am forced to do what I am not interested in, and the only enjoyment i get out of high school is the stockholm syndrome i've developed with the social life.

Please tell me it gets better in university?

My high school:
>K-12
>The majority of the building is covered in bookshelves.
>Weird, uncomfortable, tiny, hippie school.
>it's great
>Massive donations of books from writers that live in the area
>Juno Diaz spoke last year
>Ta Nehisi Coates is speaking at the graduation (13 people)

as lit as a university that is not shit could wish it to be
only books that are actually useful to the things that the university does
and since it is a technical one it´s none of the bullshit op has in his pic

My high school had a pretty nice library, I started my Veeky Forums journey by reading what they had of Dostoevsky.

Just started Silas Marner, it's p good

Ramiro is that you?

Going to Hamilton College, NY, next year. What am I in for?
Not rom the US so I'm a bit clueless.

This was basically me until recently, now I try not to smoke on week days and save it for the weekends where I binge on a week's worth of weed instead. I don't walk around feeling tired and depressed during the week anymore, although I still masturbate alone in my room.

in US not really, it's very dumb. if possible try to go to Europe

I go to SUNYIT just north of there. Prepare for lots of cold overcast days. My school at least everybody is apathetic and there are zero clubs/parties/anything.

Shit man that sounds dreadful

>highschool

Almost everyone was in high school desu

So that's why they're saying "is", "has", and "am" instead of "was", "had", and "were"?

Because their high school still exist and still has a library.
All we can say for sure is that still is in high school.

>exist

But user... I am 19 and still at highschool.

How Veeky Forums? The only books sold on-site are either written by faculty or members of the research center, or are required or recommended for classes.

lewd.

How little is my Uni?

270/360

tfw one of the biggest meme authors on here, Nabokov, went to my Uni

I know he lectured at Cornell, is that where you mean?