Has any book ever made you cry?

Don Quixote came very close. The amount of misfortune that he experiences throughout the book and Sancho's final words to Don Quixote before the Don dies - basically saying their adventures should continue because that's when they're at their happiest, no matter how low things get for them had me wallowing over the book for a while. That's the closest to crying I've come from reading a book. His misfortune became my own ;_;

iktf

The death of a certain character in tale of two cities got me hard

my diary desu

The Brothers Karamazov. Both from sadness and happiness.

I read Wordsworth while tripping and hiking once. Had a nice happy cry.

The Giving Tree, once when I was 6 and again when I was 18.

Hector did nothing wrong and Achilles is a fucking maniac desu

Pretty embarrassing but I read both of the Witcher short stories compilations (The Last Wish & The Sword of Destiny), and the build-up in all the previous short stories leading to Geralt finally reuniting with Ciri made me cry.

I never played the video games so don't make fun of me.

(I want to though)

no, but that scene did

The Witcher 3 is a legitimately amazing video game and one of the few video games I'd say could be "art".

The poem near the end of the Rise of David Levinsky made me cry the first time I read it

>in b4 something about jews

Don Quijote and... Yeah, nothing else really. It's weird, books and music never make me want to cry (with one exception for each medium), but movies can do that very often. I can name at least five, if not ten movies that bring me the edge. I saw Andrei Rublev two hours ago and I literally would've cried at some scenes, had I not been in a theater with other people.

What do you think I am, some sort of faggot?

What kind of pathetic sissy cries to a book?

Yeah The Brothers Karamazov has made me cry a lot, as has Wittgenstein's Tractatus (mostly the last few pages where he starts talks about ethics and mysticism and stuff).

The Airman by Eoin Colfer in like middle school. I think the main character was finally in a place to reunite with his family but then realized he couldn't for some reason. I don't know, i thought it was kinda heartbreaking

Skylark desu

>tfw you're ugly and life will always be terrible

Weird but that one part in Blood Meridian where that dudes retarded brother gets shot down from some roof and when they talk to him he can only babble something before dying and the dudes brother doesnt even realize his brother just got shot and killed made me cry honestly

I have never cried at a single piece of art except maybe watching Stalker for the first time or listening to King Crimson for the first time or something, but that wasn't a sad cry, it was an art cry.

Lmao no. I'm not a fucking faggot.

The ending made me extremely depressed...

I'll re-read this book if I ever become really ill.

>all this fragile masculinity

Night by Elie Wiesel.
A handful have made me cry before, but this one really got me.

Some part from Harry Potter when I was a pup and bartimaeus got my throat dry in my teens. Kinda got jaded as I grew up. Catch -22 came the closest after that but didn't actually make me cry.

The Road, but that was kind of a cheap-shot to anyone with dad problems.
Mrs. Dalloway at the part with Rezia and Septimus.
Stoner got me pretty close.
Crime and Punishment.
The Gospels, I think Matthew to be specific.

The ending of, Of Mice and Men.
Was like 14 when I read it. Pretty sad lads

I didn't cry but its probably one of the most effective endings of a book I've ever read. The feeling of weightlessness and disorientation. I sat there for some time imaging my own death to be honest desu

>The Road will make people with dad problems cry

....adds to to-read list

Brothers Karamazov
From the speech about being a father and then seeing Snegiryov picking up the flowers

The Crossing made me choke up when the brother gets shot.

Cities of the Plain made me choke up as well when Grady dies at the end.

Pet Sematary made me cry cuz I can't stand children dying and I was very drunk.

I used to cry when i finished a book when i was younger
Because all the character died for me at the moment i finished their books

Now i'm just bitter or i stop reading at some point so they can at least stay alive in my mind

The scene where Katherine dedicated her only book to him almost brought me to tears.

>Has any book ever made you cry?

No only vidya and movies.

Strangely enough I find even the most slightly erotic elements and subtle implications of lewdness in books diamond-dong-inducing but not in cinema.

It kind of got me in the Bible where Jesus is getting crucified "Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do"
1) still being kind to people putting you through the most painful death you can imagine and 2) having your dad watch you suffer and asking him to forgive your executioners.

>read it for school
>didn't know the ending
>the back cover of the fucking book spoiled it

who decided that was okay

The only media that's ever made me actually cry, not just choke up a bit, is Clannad. Never felt anything like that from a book.

The most recent is in I Shall Seal The Heavens

>Ke Yunhai when he takes care of Meng Hao as his own son even though he knows he is just replacing his real son's place in the illusion.

I could care less about his wife, his friends, and his real father, but that whole illusion arc/time travel arc was great.

I saw the movie!!! And parts of the book. Its get my tired

The Road when The dad is lying there dying and tells his son everything he has to do, and then tells him something like "you can talk to me anytime you want to." and the son says he will. Fuck man.

The end of the Return of the King.

I was okay with the women getting raped and killed, the autopsy report on the little gril shook me up though.

The end of The Persian Boy by Mary Renault had me sobbing for about half an hour.
The end of City of Thieves by David Benioff had me laughing AND crying, which I didn't even know happened in real life.

It's probably the music desu. The music always gets me.

Les Miserables

nice meme!

Galaxy in Flames had me a couple times
The ground shuddered as though in the grip of an earthquake and Loken felt his prison of debris shift. Hard spikes of pain buffeted him as flames burst across the remains of the parliament building.

Then darkness fell at last, and Loken felt nothing else.

The Idiot, after reading the scene in which Filipovna visits the Ivolgin household.

A LOT of classic novels have spoilers in the forward/preface/introduction, but putting it on the jacket is downright cruel.

This sort of thing annoys me to, it's a kind of haughtiness on the part of English professors writing these things for Barnes and Nobles or whoever... like, let me introduce this book as the timeless classic we all know and love, the book we all cherish from our deeply literate childhoods and are now revisiting

Remains of the Day was pretty devastating. It didn't hit me immediately, but about half an hour after finishing it I just started quietly crying. I was pretty broken up about it for a few weeks actually; saw more of myself than I cared to admit in Stevens.

>t.fuccboi

>The Double Helix by James Watson

Brothers Karamazov

Hector made a show out of killing greek heroes and bragged after he killed Patrokoles, he had it coming and you now it troyaboo.

The only part that really got me was Valjean at the end.

I didn't cry during any of the Witcher short stories, though a couple of them got me close, but the third game had me in tears multiple times. Apart from Watership Down (novel version) when I was 10 years old, it was the only piece of media in any format that has made me genuinely cry.

It's because of the fantasy in your head. You read about a dog dying and it's sad, but the second you see a picture, it's worse. On the flip side, you can imagine people fucking to look exactly as you want, and you make it hot, because you like them hot

The death of several characters in The Unbearable Lightness of Being.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra

My man. Supernaturalists by the same guy got me to a lesser extent.

I cried like s baby at the end of crisis core and the first walking dead game.
No books though.

Not cry, but close. Flowers for Algernon.

Les Miserables nearly got a few manly tears out of me

I'm quite similar, I usually find it hard to cry at anything. Andrei Rublev wrecked me though, that ending scene (with the kid crying in Andrei's arms) is one of the most powerful sequences I've even seen in a film

Same here, the scene maybe doesn't deserve to cry but I was reading this book while I'd seen the films of Tarkovsky, in some moment I had to cry

King Lear.
From all, he was the only character to die who wasn't physically hurt, but his heart and mind were broken to such extent...