Anatomical Terminology Hate thread

Anyone else fucking hate terminology used in anatomy. Seriously, I could go through every textbook I own on the subject and rename an organ/structure to make more sense.

Other urls found in this thread:

technologyreview.com/s/608350/first-human-embryos-edited-in-us/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_set#Open_and_closed_are_not_mutually_exclusive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>t. someone who hasn't studied the zonules of Zinn

if you're pre-med, i would highly recommend either coming to terms with it or switching majors, because it's only going to get harder and more arbitrary from here.

You mean like this

Nope, graduate student brushing up on my anatomy before my PCAT

graduate students dont take the PCAT...

If they are going to pharmacy school they do

then why are you in graduate school...? what are you going to receive upon finishing graduate school?

Pharmacy school itself is a graduate program. Most school require a Bachelors degree to apply. Pharmacy school is typically a 4 year program and you leave with a PharmD. I'm a graduate student in the sense that I have my bachelors and I'm shopping around for pharmacy school programs.

LOL. you are delusional

Why does image looks like an embryo?
Think before you answer that...

why so desperate senpai?

Ah, you meant graduated student, not graduate.

desperate? Just confused with the terminology, a graduate student studying for the PCAT, MCAT, or DAT is weird.

>Anyone else fucking hate terminology used in anatomy.
It's like that in all of biology. It doesn't help that the entire field is going through its own little renaissance

>t. doesn't know pharm school is a painfully easy to get into and many don't even require a completely bachelor's

>its own little renaissance
Let's not be too dramatic. CRISPR has brought enthusiasm and changes, but it really it's that dramatic.

i can't tell, is this post bragging about how easy something is to get into?

>Let's not be too dramatic. CRISPR has brought enthusiasm and changes, but it really it's that dramatic.
You have no idea what you're talking about if you don't think CRISPR is dramatic to molecular biology/transgenics.

Some schools don't even require the PCAT, but any school not looking to spit someone out into
a Walgreens will want a bachelors

Anatomy is pretty reasonably named, I don't know what you're on about. If you understand the names you can take shortcuts so you don't have to cram tons of shit in your memory.

>more arbitrary
like what

like less reasonable/inductive, more random/less reference points

Tell me, what has been accomplished with CRIPSR?

a reduction in mosaic effects in human gene editing for one.
technologyreview.com/s/608350/first-human-embryos-edited-in-us/

greater editing efficiency, by magnitudes
reduction in off target editing effects
Much more accurate transgenic insertion than HR

I completely agree. It turned me completely off of anatomy and physiology. I love molecular bio and genetic bio because the nomenclature is systematic, logical, and easy to deduce. Hell, even a lot of species level biology utilizes rational latin bases for mechanics and processes.

But for fucks sake. Physiology is just a hodge podge of names of different roots, some of which not even making any sense.

Memorization just isn't my biz. I like being able to use mechanistic reasoning for most things, but for anatomy + physiology I had to do a lot of memorization, and this is from someone who has a decent grasp of latin, and an excellent grasp of english.

t. molecular biology grad student

ffffuuuukkkkk. mind blown

Do you study only English nomenclature, or systematic Latin/Greek ones? Latin ones are much more logical and easier to understand in my opinion.

>gene names like Shh, Pax and grmzm make sense

please
math is much much worse

even shit as simple as undergard maths uses real-world terms to mean very very vaguely related mathematical concepts, so you just get fucked in the head big time

here's a babby level example of what i mean
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_set#Open_and_closed_are_not_mutually_exclusive

curious to see what you would rename things to, OP