Crises of faith

What books best capture the feeling of woe that comes with facing a silent God?

Unironically Silence by Shusaku Endo.

my diary desu

Anything re: the holocaust. God napping while his chosen people are industrially murdered will never be topped.

Not a book but you should watch Winter Lights. One of the best movies he made and the best one of the unofficial silence of god trilogy.

Max Von Sydow is amazing in that one.

Heartbreaking performance and Ingrid Thulin's monologue is one of my favorites.

It's one of my favorite Bergman films. Pic related probably being the top spot.

>What books best capture the feeling of woe that comes with facing a silent God?

God isn't silent, faggot. Before you spew blasphemous drivel, try educating yourself by reading the Bible and converting to Catholicism.

He's been silent since Muhammod dropped the good word on Mecca. That's silent enough.

Can't top Book of Job

And as for They tell the same sort of story, don't you think?

The Seventh Seal is good too.

Job is good too, and for additional fun the part where God stops being silent is terrifying.

A silent God =/= a deaf listener

If you only listened, you would know that God is the greatest, most prolific "speaker". I do know that being able to hear God is pretty hard, but anyone can do it with good intention.

The first thing you must know is that He speaks in superbly mysterious ways. He speaks to everyone, and everyone in the end listens, but only few can recognize His words in their daily lives.

Literally the worst one in the trilogy, best being The Silence

bump

he is far from silent, society has just because deaf to his voice

Ordet is such a beautiful movie

>books about facing a silent God
>Book of Job
Job LITERALLY holds a conversation with God. It has more of God's dialogue than any other book of the Bible, God could not be any less silent in the Book of Job.
it was just God explaining why he's silent, which was pretty much "shut the fuck up Job, that's why".

read Rape of Nanking. God snoozing hehe when Chinese infants are literally buried alive

Kierkegaard's (Johannes de Silentio) Fear and Trembling and (Anti-Climacus) The Sickness Unto Death, obviously

Elantris, by Brandon Sanderson
Not even memeing

nietzsche, deleuze
winter light by bergman, even though it's a film. also the films of shohei imamura.

hardest part about losing faith is you can't talk to anybody about it because nobody understands

You can't talk about anything regarding spirituality anymore. Very few people would understand you