What is the scientific explanation for ASMR and why did it blow up as a trend in recent years?

What is the scientific explanation for ASMR and why did it blow up as a trend in recent years?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_sensory_meridian_response
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

trends. just like ADHD, Asperger's and similar shit.

Fuck off this is Veeky Forums not /pseudosci/

the really good ones do have some effect, so I guess it was kindof like let's-play videos where everyone and their dog said "hey, I could do that" and then did it.

Bored people + weird thing = fad.

it makes my dick hard

It actually takes quite a bit of talent to be good at ASMR videos. Especially since you can quickly build a tolerance to the sensation, and need better and more varried stimuli to keep feelin' it.

ASMR simulates intimacy with a human of the opposite sex because people only whisper like that when they're very close to each other. Try watching ASMR of whatever sex you're not attracted to, not only will it not work, you'll feel repulsed.

Checking those dubs

nah
Females do the trick too, but my main man Ephemeral Rift is the real shit my nigger.

That means you're bi

>Ememeral Rift

holy kek

As a straight dude that loves cute big titied chicks

My favorite asmr makers are dudes

Bitches dont got shit on dimitri, fred and rift.

Except maybe pommo

>sjws got so mad rift made a mankey asmr even as a joke about the over abundance of feminine asmr, that they started a smear campaign taking his asmr roleplays out of context

And then they wonder why we hate them

>mankey asmr

I meant manley

Fuck me and my fat fingers

See

Asmr has nothing to do with sexual orientation you chucklefuck

I dont get a rise out of men speaking into my fucking ear. Asmr is simply a pleasurable sensation in your skull and sometimes your back, nothing more.

Asmr more than likely has roots in grooming, a hold over from when your mother or possibly even father would do especially in the case of animals.

Just because youre sexually insecure doesnt mean everone else is

I am not insecure about my sexuality. I have no problem making you feel a tingling sensation in your skull with my dick. You're just a homophobe who can't accept that they're bi.

Wow you're homophobic.

Explain asmr videos with only ear cleaning sounds and no video or taling frm the video maker

Explain the asmr people get from the toy story 2 cleaning scene

I guess they just want to fuck toys and earpicks?

There's a toy fetish. Are you toyaphobic now?

Explain earpicks

Some people get a hard on for earpicks, there's a lot of fetishes out there. You never know.

Whats more likely

Someone happens to like the sounds things make

Or they actually have hundreds of additional sexual fetishes thay dont give them a response in other situations

Where do we draw the line between feeling pleasure from something you woudn't expect someone to get pleasure from and having a sexual fetish? Is there even a line to draw?

>ASMR
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_sensory_meridian_response
>Static-like or tingling sensation on the skin that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine.

Is that related to the Orgasm in Sex or masturbation?

I'd say it's more like being sexually teased like in BDSM only much less intense, but I think you're on the right track. It's pretty much common knowledge that the explanation is something sexual.

>Is that related to the Orgasm in Sex or masturbation?
Nope. For one, it doesn't feel climactic.

Does it make your dick hard? Then it's a fetish. It doesn't make your dick hard? Then it's not.

Wow that was difficult. Fucking retard.

Whether or not something sexual gives you a boner depends on your sex drive and how sexual that thing is. More sexual things can make someone diamonds, while less sexual things only render a half-chub. ASMR might just be very low on the spectrum

>tfw my wallpaper is a photo of an ASMutist