Hyperloop question

The attached diagram depicts a hyperloop capsule. If this vehicle is in an evacuated tube, how is the fan in front going to provide any propulsion? There's no air for it to draw in.

It doesn't but it caries a bit of air through it because a 100% vacuum is near impossible

Musk btfo

Will musk ever recover?

I think they literally used a construction drawing from the laser pointer I use to entertain my cat.

>you know how America refuses to build Maglev infrastructure because the technology is too expensive and high-maintenance and out traffic going too many directions and over too large of a distance to make practical even with government subsidies?
>well what if we made the technology a thousand times more finicky and added excavation and tectonics to the equation?
Brilliant.

If it's levitating on magnets anyway, why don't they just use magnetic propulsion?

Musk's proposals are not about building anything, they are about the government subsidizing his "trying."

None of this matters, because the hyperloop is bullshit. It will never be operational

The tube isn't evacuated and the fan isn't for propulsion. The fan is there to prevent air from building up in front of the pod causing drag

lel

That's what I thought too but the image says that "the compressor sucks air in to pull pod forward"

>hyperloop gets built
>some underpaid construction worker installs something incorrectly
>near-vacuum breaks, exploding and instantly killing everyone on the train
>infrastructure is ruined in the process
GREAT IDEA

having the lowest bidder always build everything is what makes American capitalism the best though right?

however mass production implies that

You people forget how sensitive things like bridges and bullet trains are, and yet they work.

All we need is the procedure. Will the first hyperloop kill hundreds of people? Of course. Will the 100th hyperloop be perfect? Absolutely.

What the image says and what musk proposed are two different things. Musk proposed adding a fan to the front to prevent choked flow. Musk originally proposed accelerating the pods with a linear motor and having them coast the rest of the way

That being said no one seems to be doing this right now. The current hyperloop company that is unaffiliated with musk isn't doing it.

Musk also proposed using air, it seems passive maglev is better though.

So Musk BTFO.

if the first hyperloop breaks for anything other than sabotage, there will not be a second
there probably wont be even if it was sabotage

This is literally a pipe dream and cannot work with current technologies available, I would not even think about this in great detail if I were you. A magtrain would be better and is better and with optimizations. Not only would you have to maintain a vacuum in a large surface area which in itself would require a tremendous amount of energy to maintain, but you would have to do this across miles of landscape with various temperature/ atmosphere changes. The expansion and contraction alone would render it useless even in a non vacuum environment, If it snows in new york and 30 miles down the track it's 50 degrees and the suns shining then the thing would generate it's own vacuum so to speak.

>>This is literally a pipe dream and cannot work with current technologies available,
that's an interesting assertion, why don't you try supporting it with some evidence?

>be Alfred Ely Beach
>try to build an underground transit system in New York City
>trolley monopolies and Tammany Hall try to shut you down
>propose miniature system designed for mail instead
>yfw they approve of an expansion of the tunnel width to accommodate passengers
>saddened that it was such a short route only used as an amusement ride
>later mentioned in Ghostbusters 2 and shown as a river of slime