What makes this guy so good?

What makes this guy so good?

Easy to meme.

He's the human incarnation of post-modernism.

Is that supposed to be a good thing?

Nothing wrong with serving as a cautionary tale, now that one's already been born

he's a goofy foreigner with a silly accent

>implying he's not right about almost everything

>implying God, our Creator, has rendered him capable of ever saying anything falsifiable

He's completely right about ideology though, now that I've heard his theories and whatnot I see ideology everywhere in the world.

Do you mean that people inherently adhere to ideologies without knowing it? Thinking it instead something like 'common sense' or 'normal'?

>implying his ideology theory is original and not a photocopy of Althousser's

Obviously

That, or people who even recognize their ideology but act on it anyway.
Generally people can identify the base level ideology as ideology or something akin to it for the unread, but they never are conscious of it; that's not to say I'm not ideological, but I'm usually conscious of it whenever I undertake an ideological act or an action motivated by ideology.

STRANGLE THAT HOE, SHE FULL OF IDEOLOGY

makes psychoanalysis normie-friendly without being a pop philosopher

He thinks the polite cultural distance and relativism championed by post-modern 'tolerance' is cold and unfeeling. He makes dirty jokes (usually amalgamations of Marx and Lacan) which are intended to break down the walls of etiquette preventing us from truly engaging one another socially

He speaks a lot about capitalism's superstructure creating ideology, and yet his Marxism is just as much of an ideology.

No, that's half the point of post-modernism though. 'Good' has become a meaningless term because of our increasingly relativistic culture. Now here's 500 pages of academic crypto-meta-marxism with DFW style notation labyrinths that shows it's irrefutability by both analysis and meta-analysis. Frustratingly, it's all just well-written drivel. Also literal shit.

Zizek only says you should recognize ideology as such, not denounce it and try to be post-ideological. There is no hypocrisy.

influential public figure
honestly he's no great philosopher by any means
but he still my boi
#startwithzizek

>There is no hypocrisy

Well there is, because he believes that his Marxist psychoanalysis is the Truth and not ideology.

no, he believes that his marxist ideology is a necessary path within the eternal dialectic of truth

lol where did you even get that... I believe you don't understand his concept of the Truth.

>lol where did you even get that

I got it from Marxism being an ideology.

>being an ideology
>is the Truth and not ideology

so? Zizek never said marxism is not an ideology. He denies the existence of something non ideological... lol