Yo, Prince Lucio Rimanez

Do you think part Pynchon's point (at least in his GR and pre-GR era) is a position that all the people that are paranoid are missing the scarier reality that no one is in control? Because i'm kind of conflicted about it. That seems to be an accurate reading of Lot 49 and possibly GR in so far as that everyone trying to control shit is incompetent but I don't think his short stories and V really bear that out and the fact that people actually are following Slothrop seems to oppose that reading in my mind. I can't remember who even planted that seed in my mind, but it just seems like bullshit the more carefully I read him. It seems like he's a lot more open to real conspiracies existing but aware that they never really pan out the way they're constructed in the minds of the paranoid.

Also, I don't think you've ever talked about Gaddis and I'd be interested in your take.

PS: I'm not going to fuck you, so don't hit on me. I'm bi but I think we're generations too far apart to make it work even if you would make me laugh. Feel free to ask me shit about myself if you want to try and live vicariously through someone that may be the only extant example of a culturally erudite, non-autistic millennial (23) on this board or the internet.

PPS: Don't worry about your trip. I'll know if it's you by the way you write.

Other urls found in this thread:

errolmorris.com/content/interview/believer0406.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>may be the only extant example of a culturally erudite, non-autistic millennial
Prove it.

I'm assuming you're not-not-pynchon. I was hoping Veeky Forums's innate outrage would keep this thread alive and this seems like a good sign

How would you prefer me to prove it? A wide ranging explanation of my interests and readings of various works in Literature, Music, Film and even Video Games.

Or, should I just produce arbitrary top 10 lists in many different subjects for easy mocking that fit the interests of this board more closely considered discussion?

Just give me the lists, senpai.

You can't prove it. You're just some fuck with a huge ego. Neither would prove anything.

I have trouble believing that there are people that obtuse.
My money's on OP being a ruseman.

>>Just give me the lists, senpai.
Disappointing. Fine. Yes, Veeky Forums I'm better than you. Behold the precious lists, but they're going to be top 8s for some reason...

Pale Fire
Gravity's Rainbow
Molloy
JR
Hopscotch
Ulysses
The Public Burning
As I Lay Dying

Ege Bamyasi
White Light / White heat
Deceit
World of Echo
My Life in the Bush of Ghosts
77 Live
Drum's Not Dead
This is Happening

Persona
Sans Soleil
A Brighter Summer Day
L'Avventura
Woman in the Dunes
Mirror
Network
Ran

Suikoden II
Metal Gear Solid 2
Planescape Torment
Silent Hill 2
Fallout 2
System Shock 2
Final Fantasy VI
Kentucky Route Zero

A master ruseman.

I don't understand what's going on here.

Who's Prince Lucio Rimanez?

>A master ruseman
Wait, are you not-pynchon?

I think we'd all like to know.

No. But it is possible I'm someone else important, no? I could be Barron Trump for instance.

OP's faggotry considered, the lists aren't bad.

Who is this Rimanez, OP?

Get off this fucking board with LARPing and posturing.

We don't need that fucking pseud coming back. We're full.

He's a guy a bunch of people thought was Pynchon because he was funny and knew a lot about Shakespeare.

You have absolute shit taste
>Those meme novels
>Those meme objectively bad musics
>Those shit, obscure movies
>shitty games from the 90s

Repeat after me:
Obscure =/= good

dumb phoneposter

nice lists user

although it is p evident that you only play video games and stole that "taste" from c-col threads over in /tv/, some semi-obscure trash from /mu/ (modulo the LCD soundsystem) blah blah blah

nah i'm just kidding, that's what a salty frogposter would say. good taste all around, esp dig the eno, but gotta say that can is a typical /mu/-tripfag pick. just sayin my man

>good taste all around
kys
The guy hasn't put an effort in to have a taste for lit, film, music, or vidya. Those lists are as pedestrian as it gets. It's embarrassing that you are defending this retard.

those lists aren't at all worth bragging over. it's prototypical taste for each respective board, if anything.

or is he not bragging and merely baiting? damn you little millennial shits i am so confused.

gr8 b8 m8, r8 8/8

Good to see that, as I suspected, posting any list of things will cause people to argue about it and keep the thread alive.

Does anyone want to talk About what I've said of Pynchon and paranoia while we wait for the prince?

im only half way through 49, but here is my 2 cents:
errolmorris.com/content/interview/believer0406.html

So, Errol, tell us about Rumsfeld. Does he wear a mask?

well. as you know rumsy is a neocon, like wolfowitz and the whole team b.
and straussians believe in the honorable lie, just like plato did. see the dark knight by nolan.
if you refer to this. yes he probably wears a mask as he creates a veil between public appearance and private motives (if he has any)

So wait, is this guy patrician or not?