I'm only starting university at 22. Am I too late?

I'm only starting university at 22. Am I too late?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_Tao#Childhood
youtu.be/MXJ-zpJeY3E
terrytao.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'ts never too late my dude.

My dad started college at 24 and the only real failure he has made was me

yes your 7 years late

wow

Had a 42y/o in my physics class, so no its not too late.

>not making a move on the physics big daddy

Same as me. Same feel. I'm Sophomore now. I did very well in Calculus & Physics with a good GPA. While many newfags failed. So I feel OK now.
But I feel bad when I realize that I will never become a Astronaut or win Math Prizes.
I'm pursuing Electrical Engineering. Trying to be optimist about it.
My mom died when I was 18 yo It shocked me & the depression killed me inside. I worked in Sales & Retail.
But I feel much better now when I'm getting good grades despite being a bit old.

Yes, it's much too late. Your life is basically over now.

My suggestion:
1. Convert to a religion that includes reincarnation.
2. Kill yourself.
3. Start university at a proper age (18 yo) in your next life.

>Not learning calculus on your own before high school

Kek I'd say you're about a DECADE late

>Start university at a proper age (18 yo) in your next life.
18 is too old. I started with 17 yo.
Be Terence Tao instead:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_Tao#Childhood
Tao exhibited extraordinary mathematical abilities from an early age, attending university-level mathematics courses at the age of 9. He and Lenhard Ng are the only two children in the history of the Johns Hopkins' Study of Exceptional Talent program to have achieved a score of 700 or greater on the SAT math section while just nine years old. Tao scored a 760.[9] In 1986, 1987, and 1988, Tao was the youngest participant to date in the International Mathematical Olympiad, first competing at the age of ten, winning a bronze, silver, and gold medal. He remains the youngest winner of each of the three medals in the Olympiad's history, winning the gold medal shortly after his thirteenth birthday.

10yr old Tao with Paul Erdős in 1985
At age 14, Tao attended the Research Science Institute. When he was 15 he published his first assistant paper. He received his bachelor's and master's degrees at the age of 16 from Flinders University under Garth Gaudry. In 1992 he won a Fulbright Scholarship to undertake postgraduate study in the United States. From 1992 to 1996, Tao was a graduate student at Princeton University under the direction of Elias Stein, receiving his PhD at the age of 21.[10] He joined the faculty of the University of California, Los Angeles in 1996. When he was 24, he was promoted to full professor at UCLA and remains the youngest person ever appointed to that rank by the institution.

You probably spent your high school years watching faggot horse cartoons.

>tfw 20yo freshman in a country where a degree takes 5 years

No, you're not too late. Just make sure you major in a field that makes good money/ career progression and you will still be ahead of the average by 30.

>tfw starting masters' at 22
>Moving into dorm
>Look relatively young
>In this country, it's practically standard to be a freshman around 20

I kind of want to see if I can use true but misleading statements to make everyone think I'm a freshman and see how long I can keep it up

>this will never be you
literally why live if I'll always be just another cog in the machine?

Does the yellow fever user ever post anything useful?

got into uni at 24

literally no problem at all.
if you are insecure just make sure you apply for accommodations at the post grad place and not with the undergrads.

>accommodations
You think a 26 year old is gonna live on campus? OP probably has his own place and is going to the local college near him.

My uncle had an year left to complete his law degree before he dropped out. Now he's finishing it at 45. It's never too late, it just feels shittier I guess.

No I'm starting my electronic engineering course this year it's going to take 4 years (in the U.K. So I'll finish with a Masters in Engineering) and in 22 years old atm

I started at 29. do you look old? the kids just assume I'm an old looking 20 year old, and not one person has cared that I'm in my 30's. suck it up, you wanna be a 26 year old with no degree?

No, not too late. If it's what you enjoy, go for it. There's a fairly successful philosopher of mind that started uni at 30. Now he has some successful papers and books and is a professor at age 44.

Keep going at it bruh, we all gonna make it

I think sometimes it's a little better to start late in some cases. At 18, some people hasn't figured out what that they want to do with their lives and they get hit in the face when they start going to college. Losing a couple of years to figure out who you are and what you want to do is much better than regretting choosing a career later in your life. You have more experience and you're more mature than most of the new freshmen, so you have to take advantage of that.

No, of course not.

I am doing a bachelor in physics
I started at 25
just apply yourself, don't make yourself taking courses again
you'll be fine

I'm 24 and am returning to a college campus.

Would it be weird to live in the dorms?

or would an apartment be better

I'm just starting to take Algebra 1 in the next semester. I just finished my first semester.

I am 23

not weird at all

24 is young

same her 24 now and half way through, just stick with it and we just might make it!

That guy is probably skinny and weak as fuck, will never have a gf and probably has very little or no friends. He can have all the math knowledge there is, but he'll just be an empty shell, an automaton because apart from math, he doesn't know anything else.

I'm 26 and only one semester into my Computer Engineering Degree. It's completely fine, in fact, there are a few people in each class that are much older than me - we're talking 20+ years older. I've noticed my classmates respect me more because I'm clearly older than them, but not old enough to be a parent, more like an older brother.

However, I'm also a military veteran so it means I'm going to school debt free making it even more worth it. I'll graduate at 29/30 which is the perfect age to begin my career and start a family. I'm already married to a wife that's about 3 years younger than me so she'll still be good to go.

Also, you won't have to worry about "looking cool" like all these 18 year olds are. They're so concerned with being cool that they won't ask questions in class and do poorly on assignments. I've noticed several of them laugh about not doing well in a class or not turning an assignment in. You won't have that problem. I have a 4.0 because I don't give a shit about looking cool and only want a good grade. I'm already married for fucks sake, who cares what some kids think.

Terence Tao
>That guy is probably skinny and weak as fuck, will never have a gf and probably has very little or no friends
>He can have all the math knowledge there is, but he'll just be an empty shell, an automaton because apart from math, he doesn't know anything else.

Terence Tao has now Wife & 2 Children. He definitely is skinny and weak as fuck. But He is famous among Mathematicians. He became Professor at UCLA at 24yo.
>
youtu.be/MXJ-zpJeY3E
There are a Youtube video about Him from Numberphile Channel
>
His Blog is also quite popular among Math students.
terrytao.wordpress.com/

>feel horrible starting uni at 20 after fucking up my a-levels and ending up doing a foundation year

I started at 21. I graduated cum laude with a b.s. in molecular/microbial biology and a minor in chemistry when I was 26.

Looks like his mom lmao.

I'm guessing he had you before he started college. That's the thing about raising kids. It's hard enough to get yourself together, and it's really hard to do the same for a whole other human being, especially if you're not already established yourself.

I started at 21, lived on campus and had the best years of my life there.

>t I will never become a Astronaut

Become a Freemason, that will help you become an Astronaut.

He had me at 38, he was married at 35 and wasn't planning on having kids.

I'm probably going to start medschool next year. I'll be 21 by that date and it lasts 6 years (I'm not american). No OP, it's not late.

depends on what you did between high school and now

Its probably too early.

Going to be starting a new undergraduate at a a new uni at 25 myself probably lol. I am there for my life and career goals so it doesn't matter when I start and neither should it for you.

This is the best reason to go to college. The problem for most people is going to college without a reason. Then they either take the path of least resistance and major in "what they can", or they drop out.

Tao isn't a one-man army.

Seems like another crossposting eurocuck from Veeky Forums and/or reddit

lmao you are 22 jesus christ the insecurity, i literally just started my undergrad at 26 because i spent the last 8 years in some combo of NEET, or working on a live aboard dive charter. Dont live on campus and just crush everyone and everything because you are a somewhat functioning adult

if you arent a brainlet then look into going to school year round and filling up your schedule to the 30-40 hour a week mark, doing that i managed to clear my undergrad in 2 years with a double (albeit heavily related) major

Too late for what?

Are you so empty inside that you have to be better than everyone else?

40 hours a week 2 year undergrad!!??
jezus what school is that kindergarten?

>40 hours a week 2 year undergrad!!??
Do you took How many summer classes?
I know that Undergrad lasts 3 years in Europe. & You can cut 1 year of credits in a-level calculus/physics/chemistry.
But in USA 4 years are needed. Perhaps with a-classes & summer classes it's possible to cut down to 2 and half years even in USA, maybe.

Had a 60 year old in my physics classes, he was chill as fuck. Also we had a 32 year old, he was cool too. Never too late dude.

I'm 27 and about to start my second semester of college ever. I wasn't a good student in high school, never took any advanced classes and algebra 1 was the highest math I took.
I was a medic in the army for a long time and got out at 26 and started school for the first time ever.
All the classes are super easy but the math. The math is killing me, and if I fail college it will be from the math.

>started university at 15 years old

feels good man

>graduate "high school" at 18
>get conscripted at 19
>spend 2 (TWO) years in the army while losing IQ
>return back to studies at 22

Why are you amerilards even complaining?

>turn 25 in 14 days
>this past summer just started school again
>tfw this thread gives me hope

when i went there were many students who were 35+ in the math department. they absolutely were the TOP students in EVERY class. dont fret, mate, it is never too late.

Maybe they were grad students taking some easy points. Or math professors doing a course on pedagogy / didactics.

Too early, dont waste your youth going to a shitty university. You can always educate yourself nowadays, any school is now obsolete and only exists for indoctrination.
Or do you want a degree to "get a good job" and work for mr. Goldberg? In that case, go ahead future wageslave

No. Plenty of veterans start school past your age, myself included (I started at 24 myself). Some vets I know are in their 30's and also just starting.

Take advantage of it. You have a lot more life experiences than all the 18 and 19 year old twats. Teachers will also treat you a bit more maturely than the other students.

Youl be fine

same here, but this thread makes me feel warm about it all

There are two 40-year-olds in my freshman year in medical school, you're not late at all. The willingness to study and learn new things is something that doesn't decay with age if you have the right mindset. I wish I won't lose that spark either when I grow old

They were not, i personally knew them. One was a college dropout who had kids and started a family, the other was a long time machinist.

Both went onto grad school directly after in mathematics.

>tfw can graduate at 23, but everyone's telling me to swallow my pride and delay to enjoy more undergrad intern/research opportunities

I was on and off until i was 21/22 and started to take my education more seriously. You should be fine and you should, hopefully, be able to handle the workload better than an 18 year old.

I can get bachelors at 21

Gonna be 27 freshman. Planning on stretching undergrad as long as I can.

Girls think I went out and did stuff and have life experience XD

I apologize for being mentally challenged, what is the difference between college and university?

Americans call the entire institution "college'
Whereas in commonwealth countries we call the institution "university" and each department "college"

In my university we have college of science, college of law etc.

Lol nah, I started at 25

Im 36. Spent my whole life fucking and dealing drugs.
Around 28 i met my wife, we moved away and I got a shitty IT job.
Now I'm doing project & penetration work for a mostly-military credit union and ive got my CEH, Security+, CISSP.
Gonna get my CRISC next.
It's never too late. I believe youre better off ficking around when youre young. Otherwise you end up a tightly wound immature putz like some of the would be young professionals on this board. All of them have different career paths but they all merge briefly at 40 when it's midlife crisis time.

You started university at 15?

what said minus being retarded about Americans. Universities have multiple colleges.

>gonna finish master's with 23
>want to start another uni all over again
I just fucking hate work in IT, holy shit

I started at 21.

I wasn't even the oldest one there, by far.

that's pretty normal in the states at least

24 going into junior year

you'll be fine. Just accept the fact that everyone will get everything done much faster and easier than you can

I'll be honest...

Yes.

As time passes
>the past is written, the future shrinks, possibilities decrease
Time is a bitch.

I started a 5 year engineering degree at 24, still have two years to finish.

I wish I had started at 18...

No bro :)

I started in earnest at 21 after fucking up my first try at 20. I have a 4.0 in mathematics and am consistently at the top of my class in every class I take, I think the maturity from being older helps a ton. It's better that you start now and do college right, than to have started at 18 and screwed up your education and graduate at 22 like with no life plan as so many college students do.