Has anyone here been published in any way? Novels? Short stories? Articles?

Has anyone here been published in any way? Novels? Short stories? Articles?

I got into a small press magazine once. It was the only time I wrote anything specifically tailored to an editor's tastes.

I think that's the only way to get published, t.b.h. Find out what editors/publishers want, and provide it for them, on a plate.

(If you think that's worthwhile. I don't anymore.)

>I think that's the only way to get published, t.b.h. Find out what editors/publishers want, and provide it for them, on a plate.

Just recently I was looking into how the submission process works for magazines and literary journals, and this also seemed to me like the best way to get published.

I've gotten three short stories published. All three of them came last year. Trying to get my first story of the new year done.

How do you find out what a magazine's editor wants? Just basic research?

I write regularly for an art magazine, been published in a few others. Wrote for a newspaper for a year until they had cutbacks.

i wrote my number on a gay glory hole wall

I work in an insurance company. My job is literally to write article about whatever so we can put it on partner websites just so they can see our logo.
I really doubt it's worth what they're paying me

I'm the editor of a scientific trade magazine, so yes.

I want to break into political journalism at some point.

Read what they've already published. It's the last value brick and mortar stores provide - they stock issues of the journals and you can sit there and read them for free.

yes, i'll have you know i'm the owner of a twitter account with 3k dedicated followers

I've professionally published short stories, novelettes, poems, articles, interviews and reviews, so yes.

No but I'm currently writing short stories in the hope that I can get one or two of them published.

I've had two academic articles published as book chapters, another on the way soon (almost typeset), and a few book/exhibit reviews. No interest in writing fiction.

OP here.

Would anyone be interested in providing a link to their published work?

Read the magazine. Back in the day, some publishers would check you were on their subscribers' list before even considering your work.

2.9K of which are spybots.

Is it possible to make content marketing not suck?

The best you can do is make it genuinely informative.

tfw when getting my first poem published

Congratulations to you. How did you go about doing that?

Yup, 4 scientific articles in french and one in polish. Subject: literature in general. Max was 10 points per article. USA and british scumbags have a lot easier job earning credits.

I publish my literary works on the internet site fanfiction.net, so yes

Well... one time I wrote a book for fun, and an artist who collects books as art offered to pay to have it bound if he could have a copy. Does that count?