The comfy feeling when you're a published author

>the comfy feeling when you're a published author
>the comfy feeling when people buy your book

>oh yeah, sold 2 paperbacks
>oh yeah sold books

BTW, Amazon will make your book into a "print into paperback on demand", so yes you can be a published author now!

So you sold 22 copies. Pretty amazing, son.

Yup, slowly working my way up ... $1000 USD per month in royalies is nice.

>this month
Fixed for you, senpai.

BTW, it takes me about 10 hours to write a book. I sell about 3 copies per month, sometimes more, but on average 3 copies per month.

$15 royalty per month
x5 years
=$900/10 = $90

So I make about $90 USD per hour writing. Not bad.

>sold 22 copies

I think there's shitty poetry I wrote when I was 15 that had a greater readership

You're really bad at math.

Thats cool I spent four years writing an intense literary study, 360,000 words, and it sold over a hundred copies. I made 350 dollars so it balances out to like probably 2 cents an hour ... definitely on the fast track to economic stability now.

What's the book?

10 hours writing the book
5 years = 60 months
$15 per month for the book
15 x 60 = $900
$900 / 10 hours
= $90 / hour

??

Hmm, better long next time.

technically your writing earns you 10 cents an hour but your labor time was 10 hours.

you averaged the cost over 5 years meaning that your 900 dollars comes over a period of five years and 8760 hours.

$900/8760 = .10(rounded)

>published author
>can't afford Microsoft Office
Must feel pretty great.

Good point. I only care about labour time ought, I write a book, publish it, repeat and repeat.

I figure I need to sell about 15 copies per day, at $5 per copy, to make $2250 USD per month in passive income.

Great thing about Amazon if you have a good cover, a good title, and a book that is demand, you can sell copies without ever marketing it.

Nice. But I think the most important aspect is labour time. I publish a book "factory style". I'm on course to publish 24 books this year, so far I published 4 books.

Linux FTW.

Erotica or genre fiction?

Like Linux
Hate Libreoffice

>published author
>can't afford Microsoft Windows
W E W
E
W

Non fiction, "how to" books. Simple, any user can research a topic that has demand and just research and write. Normies buy that shit up.

Currently running Mint Linux like a pleb, will upgrade to Fedora/ Debian

Windows is pretty gross. Haven't used Windows in 4 years.

>Fedora
>upgrade to
kek

honestly, I like Ubuntu-based stuff simply because of how well supported it is... running Kubuntu on one of my laptops