We use hemoglobin and some animals use hemocyanin

We use hemoglobin and some animals use hemocyanin.

But is there a way to transport oxygen more efficiently than hemoglobin?

yeah

wind

yea just transfuse yourself with fetal blood every so often it has a higher affinity for O2. but adult rbc work because the lower affinity helps O2 come off easier

I used to work at the lysate facility pictured in OP's image. It's located in the Delmarva peninsula.

It fucking sucked. 5:30am-1:00pm. You get one piss break and then 30 minutes for lunch. Fuck Lonza corporation. I'm so glad my current lab is chill and everyone comes in at 10.

What's the point of a 30-minute lunch break when you finish at 1 PM?

If you wake up at 5:30 you generally eat lunch earlier than 1 pm.

Doesn't even seem that bad.

Except for the one piss break.

May be it would be human haemoglobin with modifications? Like, increased affinity to oxygen. But you`ll need better
antyoxidant defence, then.

The problem is everyone had to work at 'Lucy' speed because we had hundreds of crabs every day. I pipetted so much I developed carpal tunnel within a month.

are they killing those things?

I thought they were suppose to take a tiny amount of blood then release them. But they're being drained in OPs pic

Pretty crab work, desu

Myoglobin does it better, but has too high of an affinity.

Don't some athletes have their blood transfused out and frozen for some time then swapped back in?
I've heard they do this to get more O2 capabilities from the blood

No, take 30% of their blood and return them. I don't think they can afford to kill them as they're near-endangered. Supposedly it has little to no effect on them but then they haven't really studied the effects properly...

>le reddit spacing
>le kill yourself

I believe what they do is spend time under low oxygen conditions so their blood produces more red blood cells. This blood gets transfused back to the athlete before competition. Since it's their own blood it's not cheating.

AFAIK

I heard a significant percentage of them die anyway after they're put back.

they get blood drawn, then freeze the rbc and get the plasma back. then on game day you reinject the red blood cells and boom, way higher oxygen carrying capacity.

training at high altitudes creates this effect naturally, no need for blood doping

i heard school's starting again soon, better finish up your summer reading

>pic

This is some Naked Lunch shit right here.

>wristlet pippeteer
Servers you right for knowingly picking that job, brainlet

compressed in a tank inside a container on top of a ship

Isn't increased affinity what you don't want? That's why CO is bad. What we need is increased carrying capacity, so one hemoglobin can carry many times more oxygen.

>It fucking sucked. 5:30am-1:00pm. You get one piss break and then 30 minutes for lunch.

Yeah its called having a job. That's what most employers give you.

only if you're a literal slave

If you wake up at 5:30, you're gonna be late for work that starts at 5:30.

Sad no one laughed at your dumb joke, Reddit.

>slave
>getting paid
You know you're free to quit your job anytime, right? Someone could give you free food for life while you sit around accomplishing nothing and you will still complain. Enjoy those NEET benefits.

isn't that what billionaires do?

america, feelsbadman

>t. wageslave

found: he who never worked a F/T job

>free to quit
Hobson's Choice is not freedom fgt pls

FUCKING REDDITARD

Haha good one :)

Nobody mentioned copper. Keks haven't had chemistry yet and don't know a periodic table.
One good answer (myoglobin) so the rest of you need summerschool..

This seems to be the only non-shit thread up and alive rn, nice job OP.

Myoglobin would be the answer, although it has too high of an affinity to be put in the blood stream; it would kill you via an oxygen overdose. It know there's a synthetic material that apparently looks and acts like rust that's some sort of Cobalt-oxide that can hold 6x the volume of air at 14.7 lb/in.^2 . It works strangely, by trapping particles of air at the particle level into the shape of the Cobalt particle itself. Apparently manufacturing has already been figured out, but it's seen that the only practical use is in diving equipment and it isn't being applied there yet, so it's basically viewed as a useless substance.

Le based my fellow kekistani

>white collar faggit thinks he has it rough

Two hemoglobin!

le upboat

hemoglobin needs to be able to drop off the oxygen it's carrying, so increased affinity could be a bad thing.